Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by nux
Go to a travel agent.
+1
(and DON'T use Expedia)

Originally Posted by citro
Just to let everybody know this. Just imagine like Expedia i make my business class ticket. But it seems that business class doesnt begin until i reach to singapore
On the Expedia site when the flight choices come up, click on "Flight Details". It will say something like "Brisbane (BNE) to Singapore (SIN)Finnair 5008 operated by Qantas Airways Business AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A330-300".

That means that it is a business class seat on one of Qantas' A330 planes. Check this for each leg of the flight before you book.

But better still, follow nux's advice and go to Flight Centre and tell them that you only want business class, no economic seats at all. Maybe do your research on Expedia's horrible site so you know what is available before you go to Flight Centre.

Last edited by BadgerBoi; Mar 1, 2015 at 2:27 am
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
+1
(and DON'T use Expedia)

On the Expedia site when the flight choices come up, click on "Flight Details". It will say something like "Brisbane (BNE) to Singapore (SIN)Finnair 5008 operated by Qantas Airways Business AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A330-300".

That means that it is a business class seat on one of Qantas' A330 planes. Check this for each leg of the flight before you book.

But better still, follow nux's advice and go to Flight Centre and tell them that you only want business class, no economic seats at all. Maybe do your research on Expedia's horrible site so you know what is available before you go to Flight Centre.
Thanks NUX and thanks Badgerboi and the rest.

yes that is what i look for in details. It is strange. Expedia. I want business class but it will provide me business class but it doesn't begin until i reach to singapore first before i can start using business class and as i head back home from europe it be helsinki to HK BUT from HK it be economic to brisbane just like it would happen from brisbane to singapore but economic,

I could go to travel agency. But i just want the power will in order to edit and check my details online from home. i won't be able to do any of that because if i go to travel agency that means i have to go thee every time to look up my bookings.

And i would rather do it from home just incase my flight changes and plus i may wish to change my seats now and then before i travel. I cant simply keep doing that back and forth to the travel agency... Its why more discreet and more comfortable from home to do this,

Anyhow its only aprox 3 months as i am right now saving my money. IF i can not do business class. Then it should be economic only........

How ever im alittle annoyed with expedia at the moment. Im only playing with it to see what comes up to the dates i want. However it seems that economic trip it be over 6,000 dollars and now business class over 11,000 australian dollars.

These prices don't sound logically correct what so ever.

Yet you start to wonder that expedia will find the cheapest airfair.. And yet you start to wonder the sooner you buy your tickets in advance the better and cheaper it is before its too late. Because you will think the airline im going with be empty at this stage... so HOW could it be so expensive ? I know price changes but its the same price since it was last month when i was looking at the expedia..

Shouldnt the price be cheap ? Last trip was only 2,400.00 dollars
I should never pay too much. And hell no i will pay over 6,000 dollars just on economic. 6,000 dollars sounds like a business class price. But yet business class wants you to pay 11,000+ dollars... Very wrong.

Anyhow i do preciate peoples advice and all. Im just getting some bit by bit ideas.. anything could change but i do want to travel and will travel. Will see if its business or economic and i will be going to berlin and rovaniemi. January 2016 and i do wish to get this sorted out well in advance and i think in 3 months time i should check expedia AGAIN and so on just to be clearly sure what is going on with the price shown.

Thank you veryone. Going to bed.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:31 am

You can still look up your trip online even if you use a travel agent.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

You can still look up your trip online even if you use a travel agent.
Hi Badgerboi thanks
Really ? last time from all i knew was that if you aloud the travel agency make your bookings and such. You cant then look up your details and info flights online. Because they won't give you a password or a username. So thats all i know. If you let them do the package.. they will help but you cant just go home and tomorrow you want to look it up online and change something. this means you have to go back to where you did your booking with or any same flight centre. So yeah.

And anyways... about this expedia thing. Why is it just economic seat only from brisbane to singapore and you get back its also economic HK to brisbane ? the rest will be business class but starting will be economic and final trip back from HK to brisbane is economic.

Is this quite normal when you just want business class travel ? ive never flown on business class so i would never know.

Maybe business class doesnt exsist from brisbane to europe.. knowing ill end up either hk or bangok or singapore first before i can then change a diferent finnair. So i would not no yet...

But with business class would it cost more if i also try to choose starting from brisbane ? or will it cost less if i go economic to singapore and then business class all the way to europe from singapore ? or thats not how it actually works half economic and the rest business ?

Someone in the family told me. You dont need business class when your spending so much for nothing while just on the plane only for a few short hours reaching to europe. Which is... i suppose some what true. business class cost heaps.. and your only on the plane just hours and by the time you get off the plane you have wasted over 5,000 dollars or something just for business class. I understand that... however with the price and all.. Im only just browsing at this stage. With everyones help in the forum will guide me bit by bit and information and what and how many bags can i take but thats more later close to date as i want to buy tickets aprox 3 months from now so if we are in march it be like early june to be precies i suppose first week of june i want to buy tickets.

However i love to try out business class however im going to buy this from with finnair. But same time i will never pay over 5,000 just for that. If its less i might be in luck. Otherwise it be economic again. But still its better then been sorry with wasted cash of savings i suppose. Will see from now until then. My trip wont be until january 2016. Just want to sort my travel in advance so i dont need to pay anything else later on. Smart way to do that
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Also just curiosity only with expedia.. since the price is hective and messy at this stage..

As you know i want to go to 2 country

from brisbane to singapore (singapore where i change planes) to go to helsinki (helsinki where i change planes to my destination (berlin)

10 days later

Berlin to helsinki (helsinki where i change planes) bounce to my second country rovaniemi.

5 day later.

Bounce back to helsinki (change planes from helsinki) head to HK or bangkok (from hk or bangkok i change planes) bounce to brisbane finally home.

So okies with expedia just curiosity does it work out cheaper if i was to say buy 1 ticket from brisbane to berlin.

Buy a separate ticket same time from berlin to rovaniemi / back to australia ?

which means i be making my package separated between 2 separate self tickets. Rather then combine them together

If i was to do that. will it be even more confusing ? well depends the time frames and one place to another. Because if i did this it wont be a 1 package holiday. It be more of a 2 separate tickets for 2 seaprate countries..

Maybe it works cheap also on business class that way ? or best to combine them into one ticket because it may be then confusing later ? your advice and opinion on this please ? thanks.

remember im in brisbane dont no how easy it be like that and then make a ticket from berlin to rovaniemi.. or do i have to be in berlin first before i do make a ticket that way (separated)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:05 pm

Yes you can certainly check, you will have a six character code like 2cdjhg. Go to the Qantas or Finnair site and go to something like Manage My Booking, you put the code and your family name in, and you have access to your booking.

I'm having trouble getting my head around the Rovaniemi part of your trip, but I think you've been given good advice already about what to do there. But forget about Singapore or Bangkok or Hong Kong or wherever, that's making the whole thing even more complicated.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by citro
remember im in brisbane dont no how easy it be like that and then make a ticket from berlin to rovaniemi.. or do i have to be in berlin first before i do make a ticket that way (separated)
If you read all the answers you were given here, you'd have no more questions. Repeating the same thing over and over again will not get you more help.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well Rovaniemi is a destination tourist do go to and it is in north of finland.

regardless how i will make my trip by 3 months time i will now if i have enough money to go on business class. And dont no if with 4,000.00 or 4500.00 australian dollars will reach my goal for business in 3 months time of my booking. I simply just dont no how much normally business class is.. Even if.. i had to go to a travel agency. You know you want the best low price posible. Or maybe a discount at a travel agency ?

If though with that amount of money saved up in 3 months time i know its enough to even get on just economic with finnair with no issues. But business class just dont no how much it would cost even if i went to a travel agency.

But from all i knew and thanks for explaing it to me.... I always thought if you buy airline tickets from a travel agency... they will not give you a username and password to log online from home just to look at your alternary ticket and any changes you wish to make. BECAUSE you are dealing it with a employee worker at a travel agency.

So how do you know even with a travel agency you can still log into your account ? i know what you meant by that CODE on the alternary ticket.. But dont you need like a USERNAME and PASWORD ? travel agency wont give you that im sure.

Also how will i ever know how the travel agency is helping me buy a finnair package ticket ? the travel agency could be on a special difrent website and i dont think a travel agency would be looking at finnair website to help me buy a ticket.

So you say you can log in and check your alternary for any changes and you can change things from home as well ? Then how do i know which website am i suppose to be doing that?

The alternary paper work will just say something like Flight centre... its not like the alternary paper they will give me will say finnair website.. If you get what im saying.

I always thought you cant log into that stuff if you let a travel agency do the job for you.... I think that doesnt work in australia. I think ive try something like that on domestic flights when i dealed with a travel agency.

And anyways how do you know a travel angency will give me the best low price on business compare to online resourse websites ? This is v's whos better.

So like i said if flight centre does this for me. How do i know which website am i to know how they made my bookings with finnair ? they dont just log into finnair website. When i could simply had done it myself from home if that was the situation......

I know the alternary might have something like JFSD2 or something. But that does not mean it is a LOG in number for website to look at your personal alternary online. Plus i dont think i would be able to change. edit or add extra things like type of food... change seats when ever i want.. It means i would have to go back to flight centre all the times just for this kind of change.

I dont think a travel agency will give you all that power to do online after.. thats why you went inside the agency centre to make them do the job for you in the first place.

Anyway.. whats the different if.... flight centre does the job for me for this airline business class and or economic if....if i would simply do the same things same websites as they do just at home on my own ? what different would it make ?

One thing is.. kind of annoying EXPEDIA the airline ticket is still around the 5,000 dollars mark on ECONOMIC the verys ame trip package i made a year ago.... And for a fact it never cost me that much it was only 2400.00 dollars all up on economic. I made my booking ticket online with expedia at least 9 months well in advance BEFORE i went on my trip in january 2014. So.... Is it like 9 months yet till january 2016 ? because we are already in march... i look up expedia... and notice economic is very very expensive 5,000 or more. And business class well over 7 or 8.000.00 dollars..

Why is it now so expensive to travel ? It should not cost this much though. From all i know normally to travel to europe its nothing more then 2,400.00 australian dollars a return ticket. Defently not a 6,000 mark price

I understand expedia may change prices now and then.. The price ive quoted you folks has been the exact more or less the same since weeks ago.

So i thought the more advance to pay your ticket the CHEAPER it should be. Am i right ? or is it now the other way around works CHEAPER if you wait 2 months before travel ? ( i will see about that within the next 3 months time) like i said it does not cost that much to go to europe. 6.000 dollars is more like busienss class but 2,400 is normal for a economic price generally in australia... maybe alittle cheaper with business class but since then i never flown business class anyways)

Also i do hope i end up going to SINGAPORE. I want to stop in singapore airport to recover from jetlack.. rest at the airport hotel for a few hours and then catch the next finnair bounce to europe. Otherwise ill end up places like HK and i am not familiar with the airport or hotels inside the airport. Plus i would not like to step out the airport.. since all im wanting to do is get to my holiday destination for ones.

Sorry i wrote alot. Just want to include a few things that comes to mind. BUT nice people like you are good people to care and at least help some few of my questions or at least some of them.

thanks. Its just a excitement feeling for travel. Sure i want to go on business class.. but if not posible then its economic seats.

It looks like the plan calender for january 2016 is almost complete and you can now make bookings depends the dates ending on the calender of january. However i just made my dates set... as this package with expedia.. ONLY just haveing a play with it to see what comes up. It shows AU$5,587 on economic as a package. Hell no i will never pay that amount of money on economic.

The price does NOT sound correct.

Also notice it says ill end up in HK before it gets me to helsinki... wish it would show SINGAPORE rather then HK. However i will see what shows up the next few months.. No rush but still

And normally it shows me FINNAIR as the cheapest way to save... well im now sticking with finnair since i went with them last year it is good to know how it last time worked out.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 7:51 am
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:43 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It has been explained to you many times why the price being shown is so high.

Since you continually ignore the advice provided in this thread I suggest you go to a travel agent to help you and stop writing long rambling replies repeating the same thing over and over.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
1. Flightcentre doesn't need to "log into Finnair website". They use their reservation system to access the info that Finnair uploaded to the GDS.
2. If you book through Flightcentre, they will give you a record locator that you can use to check your reservation details on the Finnair website. There is no "username" or "password" that you need to "log in to" the Finnair website. Why do you keep bringing that up?

Why are you trying to make everything so complicated? Your questions have been answered several times.

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; Mar 2, 2015 at 9:07 pm
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:04 pm

I wish I could just sit down with citro in front of a computer, go through a few sites such as zuji.com.au and travel.com.au, show her my own booking online with Finnair, then take a walk up to Flight Centre and get a travel agent's perspective.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
BadgerBoi,

If you do that, you will earn a lot of beers! We could call it the Badger DO!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
BadgerBoi,

If you do that, you will earn a lot of beers! We could call it the Badger DO!

I don't plan on being in Brisbane until August, too late to really help I'm afraid.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus

I don't plan on being in Brisbane until August, too late to really help I'm afraid.
What if we were to chip in for the ticket? In Y, of course
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
What if we were to chip in for the ticket? In Y, of course
Tempting...
(What is this Y of which you speak?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.