Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I cannot comment on FROM Australia prices, but I do have a ticket in C FROM HEL* TO SYD via NRT and back via SIN for the equivalent of 4100 AUD - leaving out NRT and going via BKK or HKG would've been a bit even cheaper.
Sorry guys, I should have specified that I hadn't seen it *advertised* less than $4100. I was also looking at it from the point of view that citro seemed invested in purchasing her tickets in April, a lead time to her journey that usually doesn't give the cheapest prices. However, if she's now looking at June or so, she may have better luck at picking up a good deal in J.

I'm sure citro cannot price it out, but a travel agent can - but of course that's a big no-no to her, she prefers entertaining this forum.
^
I find it particularly entertaining that my post about costing on Finnair.com appears to have been completely ignored
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:19 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by citro
But figuire out if you can also tell me finnair website australia is not good for australia (because it also proves the even a economic trip just like brisbane to berlin cost you more then some what 4,000 or something...
Oh dear, at least 50 posts in this thred have explained/showed/instructed you how to book this flight on Finnair Australia at AUD2000-something. So I'm not sure if you need me telling you again how to do it?

Last year i did change my seat at least 4 times and i had 8 months wait till my trip began. I just felt that i had the power to change things and just enjoy it till your happy enough the seat you want.
I guess we now have a plausable explanation for the long time mystery of off-and-on reported in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...tion-gone.html

Last edited by intuition; Mar 4, 2015 at 3:26 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windchaser777
Sorry guys, I should have specified that I hadn't seen it *advertised* less than $4100. I was also looking at it from the point of view that citro seemed invested in purchasing her tickets in April, a lead time to her journey that usually doesn't give the cheapest prices. However, if she's now looking at June or so, she may have better luck at picking up a good deal in J.

^
I find it particularly entertaining that my post about costing on Finnair.com appears to have been completely ignored

At the moment im only saving only began with jut 600.00 evry 2 weeks i will save 600. I will begin to look online and else where at buying advance tickets as a package at the very start first week of june. Which makes it out 3 months of saved up cash. If all goes well i will choose business if money is enough. Otherwise more likely economic only more then likely. Since i may have at least under 5,000 dollars.

At this stage im only just browsing and having a play with websites just to give me a rough idea what the price will be.

However im very suprise why finnair and expedia the price to travel to europe is sky rocketing high.

Finnair website does not want to corporate when i add in rovaniemi into my package. So it fails and gives me error. However if i was to say ill just go to berlin. the price does not even look cheap at all.

While same with Expedia the price is ridiculously expensive for my package. And it should not cost so much. it would be ok to be under 3,000 dollars but not over 5,000.00 australian dollars.

Expedia will coporate with rovaniemi however.
it always apear to show most of the flights in this package as finnair. So since ive flown with them i will fly again with them just to get used to the routing of destination within how it was last year.

Even if i was to starting making my travel tickets for january 2016. I would be so angry to think i would even dare to spent over 5,000 dollars just for this package on economic. Plus its so early. Why so expensive aniways. earlier should be cheaper and the later you wait the price goes higher. Unless of course the australian dollar is bad at the moment. Or neither the both finnair or expedia or even webjets.com.au are of any updated with the price.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
Oh dear, at least 50 posts in this thred have explained/showed/instructed you how to book this flight on Finnair Australia at AUD2000-something. So I'm not sure if you need me telling you again how to do it?

I guess we now have a plausable explanation for the long time mystery of off-and-on reported in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...tion-gone.html

I didn't said of how to book a ticket. I know HOW thank you very much. Just im discussing on the price only because it should not cost this much at all. Defently not for a package to europe.

Just saying that FINNAIR and EXPEDIA and now WEBKJET which is a australian nown website for finding the cheapest flight to europe also shows a much higher price likeover 7,000 and with a diferent airline Qatar..

So there is some what messy sites telling you something diferent all together.

Think like this. I would rather travel same routes as last year. I wont do that rediculoursly of cheaper just because the plane will stop in london and i want to go to berlin. Fly over berlin while it heads to london first before it goes back to berlin ? just silly from all i know. Not a good convinient style to travel.

Last year it went perfectly. from singapore to helsinki and helsinki to berlin. obvious.

In regards to flybe... well it was a smooth flight and very well right on time shedule. However the inside was almost like catching the full aircon on full plast its why it felt so cold. The workers inside the plane looked like they where so extremely bored working the hell off. So i guess i know what ill be wearing inside the plane with flybe from helsinli to berlin. Gloves and a thick snow jacket.

Last edited by citro; Mar 4, 2015 at 9:01 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I believe that even tho im always picky where i want to seat. I will maybe choose a ale seat one step away from the window. Because it will be night regardless and i would end up getting off the chair to the toilet and hate to wake up the one seating next to me.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

To windchaser777 and or any other good members
What are the chance of price been much lower then it is right now in the next 3 months ? a trip bounce to europe in january 2016.

I just hope i dont end up in Hk. Not that there is anything wrong. Just that im more some what familiar with singapore airport stop. As to realise they have a hotel inside the airport and it works cheaper some what 80.00 dollars for aprox 4 hours or so.

Last edited by citro; Mar 4, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
What are the chance of price been much lower then it is right now in the next 3 months ? a trip bounce to europe in january 2016.
Exactly 50%. They will either be lower or will not be.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:31 pm

I just hope i dont end up in Hk. Not that there is anything wrong. Just that im more some what familiar with singapore airport stop. As to realise they have a hotel inside the airport and it works cheaper some what 80.00 dollars for aprox 4 hours or so.
The chance is about the same as throwing a fishing line into the sea and seeing what you bring up. You could catch a 5kg yellowfin tuna, you could come away with nothing but smelly hands or have a fish somewhere in the scale between those two extremes. I don't know how many people are choosing to fly to Singapore and Helsinki around January, and I'm not sure anyone else on here could give you a definite answer. Yes, winter is generally considered the low season for travel to Europe but then there's also people in Europe who may choose to travel somewhere warmer for Christmas. Also keep in mind that Chinese New Year in 2016 is February 8 so if you're planning on flying back around that time through Asian cities that have an ethnic Chinese population then you'll run the risk of full flights.

Hong Kong is my home airport in Asia and I find it even easier to transit in than Singapore. I know that familiarity is comforting, but I think leisure travel should be about escaping your comfort zone. Also, no travel plan will ever be as perfect if you try and replicate it. Trust me, I know since I'm going through some hassles with my June vacation right now. And the trip isn't even exactly the same as last years.

The reason why you're having difficulty with the travel plan on Finnair is because there is a maximum of 5 (? someone please correct me if I'm wrong) sectors that you can book for a multi-city trip on the website. It is so much cheaper to just book separate return journeys for your trip to Berlin and Rovaniemi and do them from Helsinki. That is how I was able to quote you about $2400 for all the flights in economic.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Exactly 50%. They will either be lower or will not be.
Lets hope the price goes down. Otherwise anything over that price is defiantly not cheap on economic and more worse on business class. But you would think the price will go down since they say expedia is the cheapest one but also else where.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windchaser777
The chance is about the same as throwing a fishing line into the sea and seeing what you bring up. You could catch a 5kg yellowfin tuna, you could come away with nothing but smelly hands or have a fish somewhere in the scale between those two extremes. I don't know how many people are choosing to fly to Singapore and Helsinki around January, and I'm not sure anyone else on here could give you a definite answer. Yes, winter is generally considered the low season for travel to Europe but then there's also people in Europe who may choose to travel somewhere warmer for Christmas. Also keep in mind that Chinese New Year in 2016 is February 8 so if you're planning on flying back around that time through Asian cities that have an ethnic Chinese population then you'll run the risk of full flights.

Hong Kong is my home airport in Asia and I find it even easier to transit in than Singapore. I know that familiarity is comforting, but I think leisure travel should be about escaping your comfort zone. Also, no travel plan will ever be as perfect if you try and replicate it. Trust me, I know since I'm going through some hassles with my June vacation right now. And the trip isn't even exactly the same as last years.

The reason why you're having difficulty with the travel plan on Finnair is because there is a maximum of 5 (? someone please correct me if I'm wrong) sectors that you can book for a multi-city trip on the website. It is so much cheaper to just book separate return journeys for your trip to Berlin and Rovaniemi and do them from Helsinki. That is how I was able to quote you about $2400 for all the flights in economic.

I could buy separated tickets lets say brisbane to berlin a nother ticket on its on berlin to rovaniemi. Another ticket rovaniemi to brisbane.

Having done that i think it still works out the very same least price if i where to do all that into one package.

Tell me why last year just early 2013 i was able to happily find it cheap of this package to travel for january 2014 ?
Notice the price did not change much but it was very cheap with expedia. And yes if most of you old member recall i saying that i made my advance ticket well in advance at least 10 or 8 months before travel.

So why can't i simply do the same now ? or currently. We are in march so whats what ? aprox 10 months ok still way bit to go. But even so if i was to check up expedia and other sites by next month should be approx 9 months before january arrives... I don't no.

I'm just suprise the price is so high. Dont even think flight center will somehow miracly find it cheap. But i dont no. I will just have to wait and see.

ps. regardless i end up singapore or Hk i just do hope HK has a hotel i can relax inside the airport. I dont want complications to travel one place to another and break visas between barriers. Plus depends on hours of my next trip bounce to helsinki. lets say 6 hours in the hk airport.

in total the trip will be like 10 days in berlin and rovaniemi aprox 5 days. But have to see other options like i may want to visit Asturias after berlin for 5 days before i end up to the attic circle for thse more 5 days. And i will be traveling early january. Not late. So total will be like 2 weeks trip or there abouts.

Well thats very true.. i understand that situation evryone wants a perfect trip. Hope you do well for june. However it is exciting to travel.

Trust me ones i get it sorted out first week of june to buy tickets i will so happy and excited. After i do that i will end up rushing to a travel agency to buy insurance and then if i need to from times change seats just to see what it does online like i did.. include meals and anything intertainment on board next. Just like any of you ones you have brought that ticket package or single trips or multi trips. You will sure to be very exciting what you can do next. Look at the plane map seats choose your seat. change the seat in 2weeks time if not happy.

However rememebr there is a price each time you keep changing position seats.. think when i did that i end up paying 15.00 to aprox 24.00 just depends... may posible even free of charge to change seats... But really the change seats isn't all that important. Whats important is the price for the package and getting there.

Last edited by citro; Mar 4, 2015 at 10:56 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:35 pm

After i do that i will end up rushing to a travel agency to buy insurance
For someone who seems adverse to going to a travel agents to ask them to price a ticket, and claims they like to be in the comfort and privacy of their own home to book tickets, I'm quite astounded that you just don't buy your travel insurance online as well. As you've said before, it's easier to do it on your own computer.

ps. regardless i end up singapore or Hk i just do hope HK has a hotel i can relax inside the airport. I dont want complications to travel one place to another and break visas between barriers. Plus depends on hours of my next trip bounce to helsinki. lets say 6 hours in the hk airport.
There is no airport hotel landside in Hong Kong. You would have to go through immigration to the Regal Airport hotel which is connected to the airport. If you are an Australian passport holder, there would be no need for visas in Hong Kong. If it is your plan to go to a hotel and relax, then you would be better off paying more to go through Singapore.

I could buy separated tickets lets say brisbane to berlin a nother ticket on its on berlin to rovaniemi. Another ticket rovaniemi to brisbane.

Having done that i think it still works out the very same least price if i where to do all that into one package.
This is making your routing needlessly complicated and likely why it is more expensive. There are very few options for airlines both to and from Rovaniemi, so the airlines that do fly there can essentially dictate how much they want to price the tickets for.

in total the trip will be like 10 days in berlin and rovaniemi aprox 5 days. But have to see other options like i may want to visit Asturias after berlin for 5 days before i end up to the attic circle for thse more 5 days.
This is why, if you plan on booking everything when the prices are 'cheap' to make sure you know if you want to go somewhere and add it into the plan. Particularly since the cheapest tickets are often the ones that do not allow changes to be made. It is the consequence for paying less.

Tell me why last year just early 2013 i was able to happily find it cheap of this package to travel for january 2014 ?
Notice the price did not change much but it was very cheap with expedia. And yes if most of you old member recall i saying that i made my advance ticket well in advance at least 10 or 8 months before travel.

So why can't i simply do the same now ? or currently. We are in march so whats what ? aprox 10 months ok still way bit to go. But even so if i was to check up expedia and other sites by next month should be approx 9 months before january arrives... I don't no.
It's possible you just got lucky with the prices last year. I'm sure it's because the pricing data matrix and sales projections are suggesting that there will be more people buying tickets on the routes you are planning to fly, but I'm not an expert.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I didn't said of how to book a ticket. I know HOW thank you very much. Just im discussing on the price only because it should not cost this much at all. Defently not for a package to europe.

Dear,
because you end up with a price of AUD7000 it is clear to me that you actually don't know how to book the ticket.
I believe I posted a few pictures in one of the early replies to you, showing how to. I had no trouble whatsoever to find prices around AUD2000 at that time. I tried again yesterday and it was no trouble getting a Finnair ticket from Brisbane to Berlin in this price range.

I will try to help you once more - you really should try to search for a ticket from Brisbane to Berlin with a stopover in Helsinki on your return. The dates for your stopover in Helsinki should be the dates you want to go to Rovaniemi. Then, search for a second ticket Helsinki-Rovaniemi that fits the stopover dates.

Can you do just that?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
Dear,
because you end up with a price of AUD7000 it is clear to me that you actually don't know how to book the ticket.
I believe I posted a few pictures in one of the early replies to you, showing how to. I had no trouble whatsoever to find prices around AUD2000 at that time. I tried again yesterday and it was no trouble getting a Finnair ticket from Brisbane to Berlin in this price range.

I will try to help you once more - you really should try to search for a ticket from Brisbane to Berlin with a stopover in Helsinki on your return. The dates for your stopover in Helsinki should be the dates you want to go to Rovaniemi. Then, search for a second ticket Helsinki-Rovaniemi that fits the stopover dates.

Can you do just that?

Dear intuition
With all due respect.

I do like to include rovaniemi. If im going to europe i might as well include the second country. its not like im in europe everydays of my life

Anyhow its only alittle early days.. but soon enough by the time you knew it it be june 2015.

Well aniways i can't do much at the moment. Just wish only wished that expedia wont have a higher price. And wish finnair could at least coporate with me with including rovaniemi,

Yes i will fly with finnair. and yes i will head to helsinki since helsinki for me will be the base location to change one direction to the other path of direction destinations.

I hope that from 3 months time not only expedia. But any sites and or in person the price for this package berlin and rovaniemi wont be anything crazy hective cost.

Normally a trip and return to australia is mainly lets say under 3,000 dollars.

When you see a price syaing 7,000 or more. You start to wonder if they have made a big mistake. Because i have never seen a price cost that much at all. Perhaps that price is more for business i suppose but defently not for economic thank you very much.

Aniways with all the excitement and all i dont want to spoil my trip again. I was told that if i think alot about finnair and my trip.. it gets boring ones it starts and less excitement. But yeah just that the excitement builts up. Like any of you for a holiday and get on the plane how fun,

ANyhow theres not much i can do at the moment. Just saving which is step 1

From step 2 begins first week of june where i will be very much telling you foilks about finnair and questions. Its no point for me to ask questions right now until im ready with the money which im sure most of you people willa gree with me

THEN

step 3 will be things like may need your help how to change something or what if i change from busienss class to the left side of the plane or anything such thing and the meals. And all that later down the track in the year as well.

However with FLYBE.... well hmm im ok with that just that it was not comfortable. How cold it was inside the plane was beyond my mind. It almost felt like as if the plane had the windows open. Thats how it felt in january winter time.

But the interesting part about flybe was that it got me there fast and very smooth and right on time with no delay. No pumps and no turbulance. But the food on flybe was dreadfull. It was a finnish black round bread. It had a dry lettuce in it and a slide of cheese and one round tomatoe over it. and a small bit of ham. It felt very dry the burger. I only try and left a few bites and left it thrown inside a plastic bag. Not as quality as i thought

Anyways ill expplain more after along the way during the year goes by and with the ticket buying and so on. However im glad members here i know are giving me great advioce. But sometimes it can be alittle confusing with things. I dont want to change topics as i do want to keep it up to the topic as stated with business class. As i respect the forum and the members like you. Thank you.

In regards.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:09 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Dear intuition
With all due respect.

I do like to include rovaniemi. If im going to europe i might as well include the second country. its not like im in europe everydays of my life
Read their post again, then re-read it. You will not be able to price a discount economy fare if you include Rovaniemi. Either go to a travel agent so they can help you find a lower fare, or DO NOT INCLUDE ROVANIEMI when searching on Finnair or Expedia. You can then book a Helsinki to Rovaniemi fare separately.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 18, 2015 at 9:29 pm Reason: Redacted unwelcoming language
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
Read their post again, then re-read it. You will not be able to price a discount economy fare if you include Rovaniemi. Either go to a travel agent so they can help you find a lower fare, or DO NOT INCLUDE ROVANIEMI when searching on Finnair or Expedia. You can then book a Helsinki to Rovaniemi fare separately.

Please can you stop replying to this thread then until June 2015?
I understood.

So if i want to include Rovaniemi. Should that even work out perfectly if i was to buy a separate ticket from helsinki to rovaniemi ? If i do separate tickets... these places i land lets say helsinki.. may think im a residential or somewhere and they will not even no where i came from who i am and why im here with a diferente passport.

Thats why i always believe to combine all this together into a package. Just incase there end up issues and problems or them may not even no where i actually just came from or why im here and where it all began with the trip. If ever there was some issues.

I never tried this make the tickets separate SO i don't no how easy that is. Plus i would have to check the times perciesely in order to get one place to another. For example if i reach to helsinki from berlin at 3pm i woiuld need a ticket to rovaniemi that i can catch a plane around 4pm helsinki time in order to get to rovaniemi right on time or how ever planes do get there.

Anyways making separate tickets does worry me alittle. Just because if i do that. How will the airport even no how i actually got here and where did you recently just came from or so on. Because separate tickets on its own won't tell on the paper where you just came from or where did you got here from.

Remember i only have australian passport im only a tourist visiting europe.

But aniways even if making separate tickets i dont think it be any diferents to the price am i correct ?

I coould try separate tickets. But at the very same time i dont want issues along the way. Separate tickets will not tell the authorities at airport where you actually came from or why your in a international airport without a combine package ticket lwtting them now i just recently came from berlin or else where. So i think for the moment i will stick with a 1 pckage deal. Better then been sorry.. correct ? And dont worry i will ask a specialist travel agencie. Not just flight centre. And then ones i get a quote im going to compare that and online in 3 months time.

I will just have to simply wait in 3 months time just to find out the price along the way. Anything could change. Im sure it will but who really knows. WIll just have to wait and see. Its a new exciting trip ones more i should look forward to visiting europe as they say on the lampoon european vacation movie

So im going to wait.. Just enjoying the virtual busienss class seat finnair website and other new features they may have.

Thank you.

Last edited by citro; Mar 5, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.