Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:39 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by citro
where are the answers to that last time ? What would you do if you didn't receive your meal you paid well in advance on board. Tell me what would you do about it? Last time i didn't get proper answers for this selection in regards to missing my paid meal on board.
I would speak to my Travel Agent.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Courmisch
Most likely, you will get what you ordered. If unfortunately, you do not, then you need to claim the money back online after the flight. So either way, bringing the receipt with you is completely useless.

You can print and keep it at home if you want anyway.
Thanks.. true. Well having to try get the money back you still need to proof you didnt receive the meal just incase they think all you want is money back. Its far too much trouble with all that claim stuff i think.

But last time i never received my meal. I was rather upset about that but then again it didn't matter much. just that i hope this time it won't ever happen again.

How long should i wait to order my meal online before departing? Whats too early and what's too long of pay your meal now or later ? As you are aware airlines do need to sort things out and orgenise food on board requests and special meals and all that. They don't do this at the very last minute. I think..

So should i order my meal with finnair well its skybe nordc but should i do this now or a week before i travel ? Just to avoid the missing out.

I believe last time i paid a meal in advance i had at least 1 month before departure. Maybe ordering a meal was too far off yet. I dont no. Not sure how people do it
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:51 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long should i wait to order my meal online before departing? Whats too early and what's too long of pay your meal now or later ? As you are aware airlines do need to sort things out and orgenise food on board requests and special meals and all that. They don't do this at the very last minute. I think..

So should i order my meal with finnair well its skybe nordc but should i do this now or a week before i travel ? Just to avoid the missing out.

I believe last time i paid a meal in advance i had at least 1 month before departure. Maybe ordering a meal was too far off yet. I dont no. Not sure how people do it
Your Travel Agent can answer these questions and order the meal for you.

What happens if Finnair doesn't give you the Comfort Seat you paid for and sit you with bikeys again?
What happens if Qantas or Finnair or Nordic have oversold their flights and don't let you board?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
Your Travel Agent can answer these questions and order the meal for you.

What happens if Finnair doesn't give you the Comfort Seat you paid for and sit you with bikeys again?
What happens if Qantas or Finnair or Nordic have oversold their flights and don't let you board?
Im asking you a 1 question. How long should a passenger wanting to buy a advance meal online for their flight should begin ? a week or days before travel or does it not matter how long.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:00 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im asking you. Do you know how long should a passenger wanting to buy a paid meal in advance should begin ? a week before travel or weeks before travel ? or does it not matter how a passanger does it if its bit too early or so
When you can see the option to order it online it is not too early.
When you no longer have the option to order it online it is too late.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Well... I was about to reply to Citro when she was complaining about chicken for breakfast (but then she has deleted her post), that she DOESN'T HAVE TO order a meal in advance, she can also just buy a sandwich or something from SkyBistro, without risking of getting the same meal as everyone else, as there is no longer a meal service on Finnair's European flights anyway....

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/skybistro
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

my menu options on this flight indicates:

Here you can pre-order a tasty hot meal for only 12 euros ( meal option's ). Meal orders must be placed latest 72 hours before the flight.

option one
Chicken breast with mashed potatoes and sage sauce

option two
Indian chickpea stew 240g

option three
Meatballs with mashed potatoes 235g

The price for each meal is €12 or 4,000 Finnair Plus points.
Economy Class meal orders must be placed latest 72 hours before the flight.

thats what they offer if i do go ahead and pay for one.
But it seems much of a lunch/dinner meal type. It be unusual strange to have one of them choice for a morning flight.
Your advice would be greatful however the meals looks more of a lunch/dinner type meal and not even a morning breakfast proper meal. But if i was not to choose anything then all you get is a basic bread and a drink on that flight.

Finnair offers Economy Class customers the possibility to select and pre-order a meal to enjoy on board.* There are three delicious options to choose from for flights until 31 March 2016:

Last edited by citro; Dec 17, 2015 at 2:13 pm
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:17 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is probably best if you choose the meal that you think you would most like.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Q2: I know this hass been talked about but recently never got a proper yet answer however when i told my travel agency (Where should i be printing out the boarding pass tickets.. qantas or finnair) She seems to be no idea.. she sort of thinks that some tickets may work or not work well if you did it on lets say everything on qantas knowing it is finnair flights. But remember i have codeshare flighs. Australia to singapore is a qantas flight and then the rest finnair. Should i be printing out it from finnair website ? Then will it show me the qantas boarding pass for me to print it out as well from finnair website or am i suppose to do qantas site one boarding pass print out and then log into finnair to print out the rest of my journey to berlin ?

I was rather suprise the travel agency had not much of a idea about this.. And yet they are the so what professionals to ask them a question. So i ask you here if anyone with experience may now.

Sometimes have to be careful where you print them on. If i was to print one ticket from qants the other tickets from finnair may not work after login into finnair. I don't no. Only wondering where should i be doing it as my preference is print them from home.

Qantas australia to singapore.
Finnair singaproe to helsinki.
Flybe or Nordic which ever it is now called from helsinki to berlin.
So i need those tickets but where should i be printing them from. Maybe not all the times i will get the from from here on my way to singapore if i was to print them from finnair since it is that one which is a qantas ticket only.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
As check in is only 24-36 hours before the flight is due to depart, you'll only be able to check in for the BNE-SIN, SIN-HEL and possibly the HEL-TXL flights. None of the others will be able to be printed from home, you'll need to use the check in kiosks at the airports.

For your BNE-SIN flight, you may be able to check in on Finnair but don't be surprised if you have to go to the Qantas website to check in, since you would have to go to the Qantas counters if checking in at the airport. The SIN-HEL flight will definitely be on the Finnair site, same as the HEL-TXL flight.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
But if i was not to choose anything then all you get is a basic bread and a drink on that flight.
If you are referring to your flight from Helsinki to Berlin, there will be no free basic bread on this flight. Only coffee, tea, blueberry juice available for free. This changed on November 2014.

However, you still can buy something to eat from the Skybistro.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

A very must and important question.

Do i need a visa entry from singapore/helsinki/berlin/hongkong by finnair ?
Without the proper paper work. a passanger like me could get intro trouble Since there has been a increase of refugees entering finland and beyond borders.

I cant just take my passport with me and just boarding pass tickets without the extra (visa) just incase ...

Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:44 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Q2:
So i need those tickets but where should i be printing them from. Maybe not all the times i will get the from from here on my way to singapore if i was to print them from finnair since it is that one which is a qantas ticket only.
They can provide this for you at the airport.

As you did the same trip last year, I suggest you do the same as you did last year.

Do i need a visa entry from singapore/helsinki/berlin/hongkong by finnair ?
Without the proper paper work. a passanger like me could get intro trouble Since there has been a increase of refugees entering finland and beyond borders.
Your travel agent will be the best person to ask, as they will have access to a database to determine visa requirements based on your nationality/passport and travel details.

As you did the same trip last year, I suggest that it will be the same requirements as last year. Best if you check with your travel agent.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
It is time to retire/archive this thread. If any members have anything to add which will create further clarity on the subject, please send me or any of the other senior moderators a private message. We'll assist you in annotating the thread if beneficial to the community.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.