Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

So lets go to the next stage as of the above will be dealt with the representative of the travel agency soon. So no need to further help with that here.

So with my booking. I want your ideas and advice and whats best to do as following questions

So here i go.
Q1: Ones i arrive to Helsinki airport T2 i have aprox 3 hours of waiting around for the next departure bounce to rovaniemi by finnair at 420pm I arrive at helsinki at 125pm by air berlin. So what is there to do for the next 3 hours aprox ? I must remain at terminal 2. I was thinking i might have a good decent meal when i touch down at helsinki airport and eat at terminal 2 whichever cafe there is there. Then after that do what ?

Any opinions and advice will be good. I just don't want to get bored easily like i did last time waiting and seating around so much and seen more and more passengers seating around with bright lights everywhere. So i like something to see but to relax without been distracted too much. I love to use the internet for free but i just can't imagine seen myself seating almost 3 hours in front of my laptop.

Last edited by citro; Nov 1, 2015 at 3:28 am
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:07 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by citro
I love to use the internet for free but i just can't imagine seen myself seating almost 3 hours in front of my laptop.
So far you have made 272 posts about your one trip, which is almost identical to the trip you made a few years ago.

If each of your posts takes you 10 minutes to read replies and respond, you have spent nearly 48 hours asking inane repetitive questions about your trip!

That is more than the amount of time you will actually be flying Finnair!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Question was what can one passanger do at helsinki airport terminal 2 for the next 3 hours till next departure. Any good and decent replys to this would be welcome.

Don't no what there is to do at helsinki airport for 3 hours hanging around other then have lunch there while waiting around. Helsinki its just not as good as Singapore airport where Singapore is huge with gardens and areas of entertainment at terminals.

What do passangers do if they have to wait this long 3 hours at t2 and wish to remain at T2 because next flight departures same terminal next.

I already have plans days later at helsinki for the use of Finnair lounge which will be nice for me because i be there again mroe longer hours. But this one for 3 hours don't no what there is to do other then maybe shops in the airport?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:45 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Don't no what there is to do at helsinki airport for 3 hours hanging around other then have lunch there while waiting around.
You did the same trip a few years ago, perhaps you can do the same thing you did last time.

What are you going to do in Rovaniemi?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
You did the same trip a few years ago, perhaps you can do the same thing you did last time.

What are you going to do in Rovaniemi?
Good question.
But last trip i made the hanging around the airport was much shorter. Even though i only seat around waiting it end up bored me quite alot but ive manage. But this time 3 hours at helsinki airport. Well i don't no what one passanger does around at t2. Any good shops? electronics stores.. kiosk something to keep me not get bored quickly.

Rovaniemi is a beautiful area. Im going to do a few touring around and that would be nice. Lots of snow But rather isolated city. So back to the topic on this stuff on what to do at the airport if any suggestions maybe. Oh thought 3 hours hmmm may not be nothing but it can be if just seating around doing nothing.

Also is terminal 2 actually under domestic or international area ? Ive be coming from berlin t2 but then i must departure from t2 again by going to rovaniemi next. So... its between both domestic and international shared terminal ?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)

Also is terminal 2 actually under domestic or international area ? Ive be coming from berlin t2 but then i must departure from t2 again by going to rovaniemi next. So... its between both domestic and international shared terminal ?
What probably you should have realised by now, most airports in Europe does not distinguish between domestic and international, but rather between Schengen or non-Schengen.

To make it complicated (for you), Helsinki's Terminal 2 has both Schengen and non-Schengen areas. BUT as you are coming from Germany (Schengen area) and you are flying further within Finland (Schengen area), you will NOT go through immigration, and can stay within the same area where you arrive.

On the how to spend your 3 hours topic, after you had your meal, maybe you can read a guidebook about Rovaniemi, or if not a guidebook, then just a book in general. Adults should not have problem keeping themselves occupied for 3 hours (which is actually only 2.5, as boarding usually start 30 minutes before take off).
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:08 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
A few things here. First for the OP, if you have asked these questions in the past via other threads, please conserve bandwidth by not going over the same subjects again. Check your previous posting history for memory refreshment.

As to other posters, there is no need for snarky or snide commentary. If you do not wish to directly answer a question with factual and on-topic data, it might make sense to read other threads for greater content enjoyment.

On a more macro basis, let's all remember that Flyertalk is a bulletin board, not a chat room. Back and forth Q&A does not stand up to the test of time, and minimizes the board's goal of full membership inclusion. It can sometimes feel like a private conversation is going on in a group meeting.

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules....tiverepetitive
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#padding
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#stayontopic

Last edited by Moderator2; Nov 4, 2015 at 5:31 pm
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks Steve_Hun

Well it seems that helsinki airport does not have much to do.. my last experience was that almost anything was close or nothing else to do and it was rather quiet by the time i had to show passport and go to the next stage.

Anyhow i well i suppose the internet is the most priority for me to have.

But just to be honest with this. My last experience like ive stated before.. When i found Internet for free on my tablet. It provided me to log in by using credit card. I don't think i really had free internet at helsinki airport ? It did but it could not continue unless i put in my credit card with how many hours to use to get the best high speed internet. Otherwise from all i remember you can use free internet but not as fast bandwidth as if you were to pay for it. Someone can confirm that for me. Im sure i did saw 2 or 3 different wifi internet by scanning it but then realise it promoted to pay little bit to use fast internet speeds while at the airport. Otherwise it would be free internet but slow internet. I could be wrong but someone can confirm me on that. Its what i saw on my tablet. To get free wifi you must scan your device update to whats around you. Then it pickups signal near by of the airport in order to use the internet. But thats what it found when i scan my tablet while i was at helsinki airport. Fast internet speeds means you pay something little for 1 hour perhaps. Otherwise free internet but this means slow internet speeds at numerous of times during browsing and so on. Do people just pay to get fast internet at helsinki airport to use your own phone and or tablets ?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Ok move on to the next question about finnair flight AY82 vs the new airbus 350:

Q2: Flight AY82 singapore to helsinki in january 2016. Whats the chance of some how i get on the new airbus 350 finnair ? Any chance this could happen ? Since they always change the time of my booking from time to time.. What about aircraft type ? If so does this effect my seat ive already paid for for the comfort seat ? Things like this can change anytime... maybe next month they might include more destinations and times and dates. But whats the chance of getting on the brand new aircraft ? I know i will be on a older version of finnair singapore to helsinki.

Bookings had been paid in advance but whats the chance of finnair change the older plane to the new 350 for singapore to helsinki on the particular date i be going ? Oh though this could change anytime or close to date without notice but if so... what happens to the seat i paid which was quite expensive comfort seat ?

I don't no if i will get the chance to get into one of this new planes. But it looks like each month or so they adding more dates and times and locations. I will be suprise if i will end up on the new 350 rather then the old one i be on which is from singapore to helsinki. Or even from Helsinki to HK...

Last edited by citro; Nov 2, 2015 at 12:31 am
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:38 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Anyhow i well i suppose the internet is the most priority for me to have.

But just to be honest with this. My last experience like ive stated before.. When i found Internet for free on my tablet. It provided me to log in by using credit card. I don't think i really had free internet at helsinki airport ? It did but it could not continue unless i put in my credit card with how many hours to use to get the best high speed internet. Otherwise from all i remember you can use free internet but not as fast bandwidth as if you were to pay for it. Someone can confirm that for me. Im sure i did saw 2 or 3 different wifi internet by scanning it but then realise it promoted to pay little bit to use fast internet speeds while at the airport. Otherwise it would be free internet but slow internet. I could be wrong but someone can confirm me on that. Its what i saw on my tablet. To get free wifi you must scan your device update to whats around you. Then it pickups signal near by of the airport in order to use the internet. But thats what it found when i scan my tablet while i was at helsinki airport. Fast internet speeds means you pay something little for 1 hour perhaps. Otherwise free internet but this means slow internet speeds at numerous of times during browsing and so on. Do people just pay to get fast internet at helsinki airport to use your own phone and or tablets ?
Your previous question:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25382822-post82.html

Answer to your question

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25383449-post84.html
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Well it seems that helsinki airport does not have much to do..
Here's a novel idea - buy a book and read it.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Anyone may know if that may be posible for the 350 new aircraft ? read obove this on page 4 for question 2. Would be good. But don't no if its of any better then older planes.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Anyone may know if that may be posible for the 350 new aircraft ? read obove this on page 4 for question 2. Would be good. But don't no if its of any better then older planes.
According to the easy-to-find AY A359 starting longhauls thread, HEL-SIN-HEL will not get the A350 until May 2016, maybe even later.
If it's better than the old planes? Why don't you judge that yourself? Easy-to-find A350 info on Finnar's webpage: http://www.finnair.com/us/gb/a350
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
According to the easy-to-find AY A359 starting longhauls thread, HEL-SIN-HEL will not get the A350 until May 2016, maybe even later.
If it's better than the old planes? Why don't you judge that yourself? Easy-to-find A350 info on Finnar's webpage: http://www.finnair.com/us/gb/a350
Thank you. Well who knows really as bit by bit they add in more dates and times for the new A350 finnair.

Trying to also figuire out what about Helsinki to HK. Its my last destination as i head home aniways.

Well i don't no UA1K I think the A350 all it provides and shows is just illustration light effects.. oh though more modern style interior and suppose all economy seats are all Comfort seats* If not mistaken which is good. But Regardless Comfort seats vs normal standard economy seats makes not much of a different. However saying that the arm rest on the new A350 are far too narrow to rest arm on that. And seat cushions seating looks more thinner then average. More like the type of stuff you see on trains. I don't no. Everyone has an opinion. Theres so much with this talk about the new airbus double level planes and now this 350 and so on. And funny that i have not got into any of those nice new planes yet during my experience on flying overseas within the past 5 years.

Last edited by citro; Nov 3, 2015 at 2:26 am
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I just had a look again to my finnair flights and just notice as i was just browsing to my booking that Helsinki to HK is a (A340-300) Is this the brand new fleets that everyone has been talking about lately ? Just curious to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.