Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by citro

I know ive said this many times but wanted to point out something. The long haul flight bounce to helsinki from singapore the actual Comfort seats are 99% taken for this january trip. Plenty and plenty of seats yet to catch up on the other standard economy seats, It seems tho that the economy comfort seats are the most popularity on finnair from what im looking at right now on my booking. Im quite suprise about that. Glad ive chosen my own seat on comfort seat,. I will then know how good they really are those seats.
It is probably because most passengers don't want to pay for advance seat selection, thus only those, who want to sit at the economy comfort section have already selected their seats (and paid for it).

The rest will fill up T-36 hours before the flight, once OLCI starts.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:55 am

Silly question but i will go ahead

Q: Which part of the long haul flight has babys and little children's on board ? I personally dont wish to hear crying baby's and little children jumping on thier own seats and or standing on the seats. So where do those mainly seat ? For example the back row of the plane or the front row of the plane where the new comfort seats are allocated ?

i keep thinking a family with babys and or childrens dont think they would choose comfort seats because each seat cost approx 120 dollars each passenger. So not cheap.
Families travelling with infants are usually seated in the front sections of each cabin area, where there is a possibility to use a baby bassinet. On my last Y+ flight, families with kids were using at least half of the comfort seats.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Silly question but i will go ahead

Q: Which part of the long haul flight has babys and little children's on board ?
they can be found in any part of the plane - except the cockpit and the cargo/luggage areas.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:36 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Q: Which part of the long haul flight has babys and little children's on board ?
They will probably be there for all of the long haul flight.

Is is quite unlikely that they will only be there for part of the flight as it is quite difficult to get on/off the plane during the flight.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My advice: invest in some good noise cancellation headphones. Babies and small children can be found in all areas of the plane, especially during vacation periods where parents like to travel with their kids.

My wife was travelling in Business Class on Finnair last month. There was only one toddler in that section. He cried or screamed the whole flight. But her noise cancellation headphones did the job and she was not bothered by this fussy kid. Especially when you know why babies cry in planes: their ears hurt.

So here again: bring good noise cancellation headphones on your trip.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
For a normal person like me, it would be horrible to muck around in the lounge for hours without anything to do. Equally, on a long bounce such as from HELL to SIN, it would be a nightmare to have children screaming all night in bisnetic people's class.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thank you so much members. Best advice i got today by a few users willing to participate in here. Thanks to you all so far.

Well yes first of all i have the beats headphones not too 100% sure if they are noise cancelation. I took them last time i was on the plane but after all my ears where aching from wearing headphoens for 12 hours on the long haul. Bit annoying to my pressing of my ears. The finnair comfort seats indicates it comes with a pair of noise cancellation headphones. Not too sure exactly how good they are compare to my beat headphones. But i will take mine just in case.

Having babys and kids screaming and crying on board is like having a trumpet stuck between 2 ears for 12 hours. And i sure would hate to be straitlaced to hear that if there are to be kids near me. You as a passenger want to be sure your comfortable and no annoying people.

I understand kids and babys will be any random seats but more in the basement part against the middle wall of the plane. Since i be close to one of those i be on the comfort seats. Ive never tried the comfort seat before and i have never seated much closer up front of the plane before. I know my experience what was like seating at the back on the long haul flight around seat 53. Don't think i hear much other then a pair of clowns laughing all thru the night behind me grown up adults.

Anyhow thank you guys and girls. I will rate to see what the noise cancellation headphones will be like on the comfort seats on finnair long haul flight.

Q: I want your advice.. Should you... pre book a meal before you travel or buy the meal on board for the flights between helsinki to berlin and berlin to helsinki ? flybe by finnair ? Ah and the airberlin but same thing. So would you bother buy it now or just wait and look at the menu when your on the plane to be served ? Either way you will still have to pay up front on board with euros.

What im trying to say is. is there more options to choose from online before travel or same if you are to be on that plane reading the menu ? This is just a out of interest question. Not a big deal but wanted to see what you people do when you travel.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Dec 12, 2015 at 10:12 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:27 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Q: I want your advice.. Should you... pre book a meal before you travel or buy the meal on board for the flights between helsinki to berlin and berlin to helsinki ? flybe by finnair ? Ah and the airberlin but same thing. So would you bother buy it now or just wait and look at the menu when your on the plane to be served ? Either way you will still have to pay up front on board with euros.
You've asked this before:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25007035-post247.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25008278-post250.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25019624-post266.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25061643-post318.html

You've also done this exact trip before, and pre-ordered before and commented it was not worth doing:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24586448-post184.html
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Q: Just after you gone thru security check and now your at the gate waiting for your flight on the long haul plane. Can a passanger be able to buy a water bottle small or large and perhaps a bag of a few lollies (candy) to take with it on the plane ? For in another words your all set ready to go your at the gate waiting and you see a kiosk just next door. Can you buy something from there regardless it is chocolate or candy or a bottle of water/coke/energy drink and take it on the plane Or will the staff on the plane will take that off you ?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:04 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Q: Just after you gone thru security check and now your at the gate waiting for your flight on the long haul plane. Can a passanger be able to buy a water bottle small or large and perhaps a bag of a few lollies (candy) to take with it on the plane ?
You have already asked about bringing food onboard: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25061643-post318.html
You have been told it is ok to bring it onboard: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25061664-post319.html

You have done this exact trip before, and have previously posted about the kiosks in the terminal that has soft drink, candy etc available to buy and bring onboard the aircraft (specifically quoted below): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...l#post25080723

Along with the kiosk being inside the terminals ones you have checked in thru security. But kiosk dont have normal food other then a soft drink and chewgum or small pack of candy that are mainly for sore throat and cough lollies... You get what i mean by entering the kiosk airport where they sale magazines... newspaper and the odd small pack of chocolate or cough lollies.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

O.K then...

Q: So tonight i was just playing with Expedia website. So you know i have a booking already been paid. My first flight bounce out of australia indicates now at 12 midday.

So i was just having a go with expedia just mucking around with it. Putting all the same details australia to berlin and this and that finland. Same destinations same dates.

So the price seems the same as what it was 6 or 8 months ago (yes we spoke that price before earlier in the year with finnair)

However to this question. How come as i put all the same dates same destination on expedia indicates on expedia that the flight leaves at 11:25am ? My actual booking indicates 12 midday.

However heres a list what expedia shows me:

Finnair 5860 operated by Cathay Pacific
Finnair 70
Finnair 5203 operated by airberlin

I understood it runs with Cathay pacific.

But i always thought my airport only takes passangers to (singapore) at 12 midday on the day i am leaving and that i didn't no or knew that my airport in australia would have a flight bounce to singapore at 1125am and next at 12 midday ? so in another words every 30minutes ? Oh tho my experience been at my airport wasn't as busy as that.

However expedia seems to show a big bucket list with finnair by cathay pacific.

What happen to the actual flight planes im going to? Considering the economy seas are yet 90% empty. Why wouldnt it show on expedia rather then showing this:

Finnair 70
Finnair 5203 operated by airberlin

?

I was hoping to just see my actual flight numbers and the actual same time (frame) im going. But my flight there doesnt show... its just diferent times and diferent flight brands. Why is that?

I put in exactly the same destinations and the same date and everthing just to see if my actual flights will show on the expedia yet and just becuase i wanted to see the price. But notice all it does is shows me a list of thoese model flights but on a diferent time instead of 12 midday some of those fly out of australia as 1125am instead.

So what happen to my actual package flight route flight numbers and time corrections on expedia ?

However i didn't made my booking with expedia this time it was done with a travel agency only. But that shouldn't stop expedia from showing my actual flight numbers because i had a look by log into finnair to my booking and notice the economy seats are still plenty of empty seats available. So anyhow i don't get it with expedia half the time. Maybe you can resolved it if you know why i cant find no flights departing at 12 midday as it is with my flight departing from australia at 12 midday.

And my flights are not cathay pacific.. its qantas by finnair from australia to singapore. From singapore to helsinki finnair and so on the rest. Expedia shows something diferent and diferent times... So what happen to lets say australia to singapore my flight leaves 12 Oclock pm And expedia shows different time senarios but same time with finnair by cathay pacific instead.

Expedia would have to let the people know on the actual date that there is too a flight at 12 midday departing. Otherwise how will people know if expedia shows something diferent on the actual date im leaving.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Dec 12, 2015 at 10:12 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:17 am

I put in exactly the same destinations and the same date and everthing just to see if my actual flights will show on the expedia yet and just becuase i wanted to see the price. But notice all it does is shows me a list of thoese model flights but on a diferent time instead of 12 midday some of those fly out of australia as 1125am instead.

So what happen to my actual package flight route flight numbers and time corrections on expedia ?

However i didn't made my booking with expedia this time it was done with a travel agency only. But that shouldn't stop expedia from showing my actual flight numbers because i had a look by log into finnair to my booking and notice the economy seats are still plenty of empty seats available. So anyhow i don't get it with expedia half the time. Maybe you can resolved it if you know why i cant find no flights departing at 12 midday as it is with my flight departing from australia at 12 midday.

And my flights are not cathay pacific.. its qantas by finnair from australia to singapore. From singapore to helsinki finnair and so on the rest. Expedia shows something diferent and diferent times... So what happen to lets say australia to singapore my flight leaves 12 Oclock pm And expedia shows different time senarios but same time with finnair by cathay pacific instead.

Expedia would have to let the people know on the actual date that there is too a flight at 12 midday departing. Otherwise how will people know if expedia shows something diferent on the actual date im leaving.
Guess what.. Those are not the same flights as the one you are booked on. Believe it or not, but you can get from point "A" to "B" following various routings.

You are flying from Australia (was it Brisbane?) to Singapore and your flight is marketed by (i.e. sold by) Finnair, but it is operated by (i.e. the actual airplane you are flying on) Qantas. If you see flights operated by Cathay Pacific AND you know that your flight is operated by Qantas, that should be a giveaway, that Expedia is now suggesting alternative flights compared to what you already have booked.

Also, if flight is operated by Cathay Pacific, that means you would be flying via Hong Kong, which you are not (at least not on your outbound flight).

And last but not least, I don't think that people with existing booking are searching for schedule information via Expedia, instead of either the airline's or the airport's website.

I think for you the only thing to do until your flight is just to calm down, and stop worrying about things that can go wrong. You have already done this trip and you survived just fine. You should be just good this time, too.

Last edited by Steve_Hun; Nov 12, 2015 at 7:36 am
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I understand kids and babys will be any random seats but more in the basement part against the middle wall of the plane. Since i be close to one of those i be on the comfort seats.

citro, you might want to move as far away from the basement seats as possible.

But just remember that if there is a wall behind you, there could be more basement seats there, too!

Remember that - just like the exits - your nearest basement seat may be behind you! And you know that sound travels just as good forwards as it does backwards, although with the forward motion of the plane it might take a little longer to reach your ears. Even if your beats headphones are pressing against them.

In fact, the economic basement seats are perhaps slightly more likely to be occupied by a screaming babys and infants.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by ffay005
For my JFK-HEL on Sunday, I'll be sure to request a basement seat! Must be the roomiest and most peaceful way to travel, in the basement with all the cargo and bags.
I didn't know that AY offers basement seats like the one available on LH
Unfortunately, it's not exactly roomy.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Dealing travel agency with finnair.

G'morning/Good evening people

Happy season greetings.

So as most of you know my side of tory about booking my finnair booking with a travel agency. With only just a hick up know and then.

So just recently i email back my travel agency and at the end he email me back saying the following statement:

I have done up your documentation as well so feel free to pop in closer to your departure and we can go over everything again before you fly.

So what i don't understand is this he has done up my documentation. So what exactly is this documentation is all about ? And why do i actually need it for ?

I thought that by printing out the finnair boarding pass tickets is plenty enough to get on the plane. I don't think i came across to something about documentations other then boarding pass tickets and my passport and that's about it.

So what is this documentation he is on about ? It got me worried to think what this is about.
And do i really need to go to him in order tog et this documentations ? My ideal was to print out my boarding pass tickets from home the moment the 24hour begin. I was to be on time in order to have the opportunity to select a seat with qantas since at the moment i cant. If i wait a few hours later and go to a travel agency to do this... there may be after all less choice to choose for preference seating.

Last edited by citro; Dec 11, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.