Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by citro
My biggest question at this on selective seats are.. Why isn't there a way to select a seat on the economy for these 2 flights ? both FINNAIR and QANTAS said pretty much the same question (just do so at check in at the airport on the day) However i already have seats paid for the other flights i be on. Only issue are the this both ones which is qantas by finnair airline.

So how come i cant select seat or open map seat plan or anything? all it lets me do is simply request (window) and that is all.... How come i could do it for the other finnair flights but not this one ? The package i have has 80% seats paid by me. But only that has no seating number for me yet are the one i told you Qantas by finnair (brisbane to singapore and the HK to brisbane.
I wonder why.
The Brisbane-Singapore and Hong Kong-Brisbane flights are operated by Qantas (Finnair doesn't fly to Australia).

If those flights are booked as Finnair codeshare flights, that could explain your problems selecting seats. It happens quite often on codeshare flights, and is not limited only to Qantas and Finnair. The same issue can happen if you, for example, book a ticket showing a Lufthansa flight number, but the flight is in reality operated by United. When this happens, the only solution is to choose a seat when you check in. This is one of the disadvantages with codeshares.

Does your booking show Qantas flight numbers or Finnair flight numbers?
The Qantas system may not allow you to select a seat if your booking shows a Finnair flight number since the Qantas system thinks it's a Finnair flight, and there is no seat information available for that Finnair flight number.
For the same reason, the Finnair computer system cannot show a seatmap because it recognizes that it is a codeshare flight that is operated by Qantas.

In case you are wondering why the travel agency would book those flights with a Finnair codeshare flight number instead of the actual Qantas flight numbers, the answer is most often "price". By combining the Finnair flights to/from Helsinki with Finnair codeshare flight numbers for your flights to/from Australia, the ticket can get cheaper. You would see the same thing if you tried booking on the Finnair website.

I did a quick experiment on the Finnair website, and this is what I found:
Travel BNE-HEL February 10th, return HEL-BNE February 24th, connect through HKG in both directions.
If I want to book the flights to/from Australia as Finnair codeshares (flights between HKG and BNE operated by Qantas), the price is AU$1609.
That itinerary has the following flight numbers:
AY5020 BNE 10:50 - HKG 17:50 - Operated by Qantas Airways
AY070 HKG 00:40 - HEL 05:40

AY069 HEL 23:40 - HKG 15:30
AY5019 HKG 19:15 BNE 06:10 - Operated by Qantas Airways

If I instead want book the same trip with the flights between HKG and BNE with the Qantas flight numbers, the price goes up to AU$1798.
QF097 BNE 10:50 - HKG 17:50

QF098 HKG 19:15 - BNE 06:10

The exact same flights, but almost AU$200 difference in price.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:16 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
However ones i buy airline tickets from a travel agent they have nothing to do whats actually inside the plane. Travel agency will simply ask me to call the airline company in this case finnair.
This is not the case, the questions and services you are asking for are exactly what a travel agent will provide and is one of the benefits of using a travel agency.

What travel agent did you purchase your ticket from?
Have you talked to your travel agent about these questions?

Travel agency will not no the answer... they will too ask me to call qantas and finnair for that and that is exactly what i did and all of them said do it at check in at airport. Travel agency has nothing to do with that stuff they only sale tickets
Again, this is not the case and seat selection is something your travel agent will be able to assist with. They will not tell you to call the airline, they will provide that service and update it on their system or deal with the airline for you.

Have you asked your travel agent about seat selection?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
The Brisbane-Singapore and Hong Kong-Brisbane flights are operated by Qantas (Finnair doesn't fly to Australia).

If those flights are booked as Finnair codeshare flights, that could explain your problems selecting seats. It happens quite often on codeshare flights, and is not limited only to Qantas and Finnair. The same issue can happen if you, for example, book a ticket showing a Lufthansa flight number, but the flight is in reality operated by United. When this happens, the only solution is to choose a seat when you check in. This is one of the disadvantages with codeshares.

Does your booking show Qantas flight numbers or Finnair flight numbers?
The Qantas system may not allow you to select a seat if your booking shows a Finnair flight number since the Qantas system thinks it's a Finnair flight, and there is no seat information available for that Finnair flight number.
For the same reason, the Finnair computer system cannot show a seatmap because it recognizes that it is a codeshare flight that is operated by Qantas.

In case you are wondering why the travel agency would book those flights with a Finnair codeshare flight number instead of the actual Qantas flight numbers, the answer is most often "price". By combining the Finnair flights to/from Helsinki with Finnair codeshare flight numbers for your flights to/from Australia, the ticket can get cheaper. You would see the same thing if you tried booking on the Finnair website.

I did a quick experiment on the Finnair website, and this is what I found:
Travel BNE-HEL February 10th, return HEL-BNE February 24th, connect through HKG in both directions.
If I want to book the flights to/from Australia as Finnair codeshares (flights between HKG and BNE operated by Qantas), the price is AU$1609.
AY5020 BNE 10:50 - HKG 17:50 - Operated by Qantas Airways

AY5019 HKG 19:15 BNE 06:10 - Operated by Qantas Airways

If I instead want book the same trip with the flights between HKG and BNE with the Qantas flight numbers, the price goes up to AU$1798.
QF097 BNE 10:50 - HKG 17:50

QF098 HKG 19:15 - BNE 06:10

The exact same flights, but almost AU$200 difference in price.

Thank you so much for all that dept information given. I can not express how greatful someone cares to help. That information you provided me is well understood. So i preciate your full time. Good to see another awesome user in the forum for finnair.

I will answer to your question for the reason why i can't seem to choose a seat or have a seat number yet.

My bookings which i won't go all thru it but i will give the the ones that i can't seem to book and or choose a seat

From Brisbane to Singapore as follow:
Finnair Operated by Qantas airways (flight number: AY5008)

Then the from HK to Brisbane as follow:
Finnair Operated by Qantas airways (flight number: AY5019)

As you can see the flight number given.

These 2 airlines in my package does not let me choose or look or pay a seat number. However like i said both ways i can request (window) But no seat number yet.

However the other flights i be on will be finnair on my way to europe and back. And just one by Airberlin and as well finnair operated by flybe.

However the airberlin and the flybe has already pay seat for me. And also i have seats on the other planes i be on with finnair.

Only there is no seat yet are the one im indicating obove. Its pretty frustrated really because qantas and like finnair by phone all indicate you can do it at check in at the airport. Okies i suppose this is pretty much my only way to do it.

But i do have a strong feeling that i don't no if they will even put me on a seat i want to be for example 50 window seat. What if its taken ? what if every window at the back are fully taken ? I know i will be on a window but what if im in the bad area middle between the wings with no view at all? I can't just request back area of the plane and bush someone off that seat.. Then what happens ? the person who was meant to seat on 50 may come to me telling me (that was suppose to be my actual seat) which i won't be surprise if there will be muck ups by requesting this at the airport for a specified seat. Even if i can try get seat number 49 or 48 or 51 or 52..... these are at the back of the plane area.

You opinion with this request on the day of check in at airport ? I know that the plane will be fully packed. No spare seats around thats for sure. I know i will have a window seat but what if i dont like where they have putting me and all i want to do is my preference seat ? of course only on economy.

But again i don't no if they will ask me to pay for a request seat.... But if i do.. what happens to the person who suppose to be seating on seat 50 in the first place? will the check in some how bush someone away and put that person else where just so i can get seat 50?

Originally Posted by nux
This is not the case, the questions and services you are asking for are exactly what a travel agent will provide and is one of the benefits of using a travel agency.

What travel agent did you purchase your ticket from?
Have you talked to your travel agent about these questions?

Again, this is not the case and seat selection is something your travel agent will be able to assist with. They will not tell you to call the airline, they will provide that service and update it on their system or deal with the airline for you.

Have you asked your travel agent about seat selection?
Thank you for your time to answer my questions. Another great user who cares to help.

Well you do have a strong point of view when it comes to travel agency. However with so much things happening and so many diferent travel agency most travel agency can just be as bad as bad business. I actually read bad negative in regards about the travel agency(s)

Anyhow when i brought the booking on the day i did well and clear ask i want to book my seats as in choose my preference seats.. At the time finnair could not open the seat map yet.. I think she said (not yet) or only close to departure..... However she quickly help me book the airberlin and the flybe seat on the actual day of my payment for this package. That is where there was it the other airlines no seat yet.

However aprox 48hours later i log back onto finnair website. FINALLY some how the seat live mapping of my booking works by pressing the blue link. It did not work day 1 nor day 2 but close to day 3 i could. Maybe some delay there.

So now i could and already choosen seats for most all of the rest of the FINNAIR flights i be on

Some cost me between 22 euros and some 20 euros

So now that i have paid seats im very relax and happy. But looks like the plane is yet empty (i dont fly until january)

I really am not too happy with the travel agency.. from here i want to do my own business even if i wish to print my boarding pass online and not just go to the travel agency to pickup tickets or boarding pass.. Not sure what both diferents are..

Am i suppose to pickup tickets or boarding pass? I know i can stay home and just log into finnair and just print out the boarding pass tickets without needing to drive all the way to the travel agency just for that. Or am i suppose to pickup something?

Anyhow all i can think of... all i need is nothing else other then just check in online and print the boarding pass tickets... I don't think there is anything else to do.... i think.

I really don't want to no anything about the travel agency because of reasons... unless i have to.

Just caution of my payment for the seats i did with finnair by credit card on the finnair website.

Economy. So i paid for my preference seats with all the finnair flights i be on. Does this mean that seat ive choosen are 100% guarrantee or just a request seat ? Remember i paid 22 to around 20euros to choose the seat of my preference.... Surely finnair won't steal my seat that ive already paid for and put someone else there just because that person wanted my seat ? But remember i paid my seat. So is that guarantee or a request seat only?

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 23, 2015 at 9:54 am
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
It is impossible to give 100% warranty that you get a seat.

If you pay for seat preallocation on Finnair, then you will get the seat unless operation reasons make it impossible (flight cancellation, last minute change of airplane, etc). If that happens, you will be refunded the seat reservation fee.

If you booked a seat in an exit row, then you need to understand English and look physically able to operate the exit. If not, you will be moved to a different seat (I have seen it happen to a guy that spoke only German).
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:02 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really am not too happy with the travel agency..
Why is that? It sounds like they initially booked your seats where they could. As your booking is with more than one airline (Finnair and Qantas) you will likely need your agents help to find the Qantas booking reference to choose your Qantas seats.

What travel agency did you use?

I really don't want to no anything about the travel agency because of reasons... unless i have to.
What reasons are those? You should just be able to call your travel agent to discuss seating, meal options available, etc.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The Qantas booking reference should be the same as the Finnair one. They both use Amadeus.

It is nevertheless likely that the Qantas site cannot reserve seats because the flights were purchased with Finnair codes.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:19 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Courmisch
The Qantas booking reference should be the same as the Finnair one. They both use Amadeus.

It is nevertheless likely that the Qantas site cannot reserve seats because the flights were purchased with Finnair codes.
The main PNR will show the full itinerary with the Qantas flights under the AY code, however this will generally not allow seat selection for the QF operated flights and will just give the option for window/aisle.

There will likely be one or more Qantas ghost PNR's showing the flights under the QF prime code which will allow seat selection for the QF operated flights.

This is very typical for bookings involving multiple carriers, even if they all use Amadeus.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It is impossible to give 100% warranty that you get a seat.

If you pay for seat preallocation on Finnair, then you will get the seat unless operation reasons make it impossible (flight cancellation, last minute change of airplane, etc). If that happens, you will be refunded the seat reservation fee.

If you booked a seat in an exit row, then you need to understand English and look physically able to operate the exit. If not, you will be moved to a different seat (I have seen it happen to a guy that spoke only German).
Thanks. That's exactly what i wanted to hear. I understood that. Preciate your time.

Interesting how you mention the exit area seating. However that isn't my ideal seat. I'm more of the back rows. I know like any airline in this case with finnair that the very last back seat is against the wall these ones are the worse seats i am told as i looked at the seat guru website. Reason why i proffered the back of the plane its because i love to see the full view as i walk past front middle and back group of the plane. Of course i won't be seating the ones that has a back seat wall. These ones are worse.

Originally Posted by nux
Why is that? It sounds like they initially booked your seats where they could. As your booking is with more than one airline (Finnair and Qantas) you will likely need your agents help to find the Qantas booking reference to choose your Qantas seats.

What reasons are those? You should just be able to call your travel agent to discuss seating, meal options available, etc.

I know i had to edit this because it was far too long. I just want to make it short and at the moment tell you i already have selected seats on the finnair flights... travel agency on the day i was there choose back area as i told her on the airberlin and flybe.. but she didn't show me a live seat map at all or how much ive paid for the airberlin seating request. Anyhow... she also stuffed up my name as previewsly indicated... which i again won't go into details... But other then that i dont think theres anything i would do with the travel agency... She already given me on the paper where it shwos the times and dates and such for the this booking package with a example number and letters like N3R5FN where i use that to log onto finnair website and qantas.

I yet have to see airberlin website to see if i can see the seat mapping which i yet have not done it but at least the travel agency quickly on that day she was able to select seat for me only on the airberlin and flybe.

The others didn't on the day and she couldn't however took 3 days later and i try log back into finnair website and finnaly was able to open the seat map and pay for the seat i want,

All of the finnair flights has my reference paid seating. Only issue is the qantas one..... the travel agency at the time told me (some of your flights may not be posible to select seats) this is why qantas does not let me for a reason.. just says window request. I call finnair and qantas and they told me you can do select or request a seat during (check in at the airport) The travel agency isn't like she is going to see something that i can't see on screen so pretty much i can't seem to choose a seat or see a live seat maping for the qantas fleet. But i dont no why.. but i think it should not be an issue. Just hope im not stuck between the exit seat or middle of the wings.

Check in at the airport for select seat on this qantas may already be far too late to start selecting a reference seating as the plane will indeed be packed. So what if i want seat 50? or 51 but its already taken... then the plane is fully taken and i would have to be seated where they show me on the day i arrive at the airport....

But the other flights already has seat and i dont need to worry about that. Finnair website shows me i can select meals and so on but i have yet not looked into that because pay a meal in advance ill have to think about it. But its there whenever im ready when i log into finnair website.

But other then that don't think travel agency has anything else to do or give me.... its not like she is going to ask me to come over to pickup what ? tickets ? boarding pass ? i can log into finnair and print out the boarding pass tickets i believe..

But everything seems normality and good. At least i ahve seats on the other rest of the flights i be on just not the brisbane to singapore and not the hk to brisbane.... these 2 flights by qantas won't let me do anything and qantas and finnair can't do anything as well when i have phone them. They now i be seated somewhere on a window but don't no where yet on the plane. I am very picky with how i want to be seat on the plane actually.

but hey no problems here for now. thank you

USER: nux thanks for your message on the forum. I already explain it on here on both you and that user. If anything is wrong let me know. By the way if i go to the travela gency and say i want a seat on the qantas fleet she wont help because she will get me the same reply as to what qantas and finnair over the phone has explain to me and that is (check in at airport and get the seat you will know) But i personally think it be far too late to select seatings on the day of departure. Anyhow all good. And dont think there is anything travel agency would want me back to the office for. If the flight changes obviously i will get notification by qantas and finnair for example flight 10am now it be at 11am. Of course travel agency would call and let me know of the slight change but with travel agency they are always too busy for such thing. I can quickly look into the qantas and finnair website bookings and see the changes myself without the travel agency telling me maybe hours later.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 1:07 am
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
I wouldn't worry about the name on your ticket. My last booking had my name in the same format as yours and there was no problem.

With you issues with seating, meals etc why don't you call Finnair itself? 1 300 132944 toll free from Australia will put you in touch with their sales representative.

I found that the Qatar Airways site, http://www.qatarairways.com/au/ let me choose my seats for both Qantas and Finnair, BUT I had a business class fare. It would be worth your while to have a look at the Qatar site in any case, no damage done if it is no help to you.

Stop worrying!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Am i suppose to pickup tickets or boarding pass? I know i can stay home and just log into finnair and just print out the boarding pass tickets without needing to drive all the way to the travel agency just for that. Or am i suppose to pickup something?
Since your first flight is operated by Qantas, you will need to check in with Qantas for your flights from Brisbane to Europe. You can check in online, and there's no need to go to the travel agency to pick up the boarding passes.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

For your longhaul Qantas flights (Brisbane-Singapore and Hong Kong-Brisbane), you can preorder food: http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...meal/global/en
If you don't preorder food, there will be a couple of standard meal options (usually chicken/fish/beef/pasta plus a vegetarian dish) available onboard.

For your longhaul Finnair flights (Singapore-Helsinki and Helsinki-Hong Kong), I don't think there is any option to preorder food, nor is there any option to order extra food. There will be standard dishes available onboard. If you think you will need more food than what they serve, bring some snacks/food with you.

For intra-European flights on Finnair and FlyBe, you can preorder food for flights to/from Germany, but not for domestic flights within Finland: http://www.finnair.com/us/gb/informa...uropean_flight
They will also have snacks and sandwiches available for purchase onboard: http://www.finnair.com/us/gb/skybistro

For AirBerlin European flights, you can preorder "gourmet meals". Here is the current menu: http://www.airberlin.com/site/affili...ssen_menue.pdf
AirBerlin also has sandwiches and snacks available for purchase onboard: http://www.airberlin.com/site/landin...rope.php?cid=2

I do not know which payment methods Finnair and AirBerlin accept onboard. It'll be cash or credit card, or both options.
Hi and thank you that is a pretty good indept information given. I preciate your time ones again and specially the direct links finnair and the other.

Well i can't recall if the longhaul flights from singapore to helsinki by finnair lets me choose meals. However because that isn't a big deal i know that i saw in my flights i can order meals if i want to. I just have not looked into that yet. But i will just be sure again not sure if its optional as well on the longhauls but like you said the short ones from helsinki to berlin and berlin to helsinki will indeed check out the meals and pay in advance.

I was more focus on the selective seats. I guess i will get into the food thing if i think it is worth the try but i think you get the hint that i did order a meal one time on the flight from berlin to helsinki which was finnair flybe and ive never gotten my paid meal.

By the way... For instant. If i was to order a meal from berlin to helsinki but some how iver never received my pay meal.. How can i proof them i paid my meal months ago via the internet ? do i have to show them my travel bookings and everything or something ? How can i show them just in case ive never received my meal when being served on board ? (this is only just in case i didn't receive a meal again this trip. Only this time i wish to be more prepared without being quiet about it.) Course order a meal ain't cheap even though it may be around 18.00 dollars but still i am buying something.

Hi and thank you. Hmm i suppose that does make scenes to what you said... i have no idea how the travel agency made my bookings... I didn't ask.. i think thats thier own business how they make the trip cheap for me as posible.. I don't no what system the travel agency do on the computer as i can't view her screen when i was seating down.

But it is quite frustration about this qantas flight not able to get a seat. I know i will be seated somewhere with a window request.. but it be like i wont no until the day of check in unfortunally. But at least i have my other flights with seat numbers which i am happy for now with finnair and the rest of flybe and airberlin.

Only hickup is yet to determen were i be seating on the brisbane to singapore and the hk to brisbane. Never mind but i thank you for sharing.

Originally Posted by nux
The main PNR will show the full itinerary with the Qantas flights under the AY code, however this will generally not allow seat selection for the QF operated flights and will just give the option for window/aisle.

There will likely be one or more Qantas ghost PNR's showing the flights under the QF prime code which will allow seat selection for the QF operated flights.

This is very typical for bookings involving multiple carriers, even if they all use Amadeus.
Thanks nux.. so in another words multple flights finnair and qantas and so on can be messy with one can and one can't with selective seats.

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
I wouldn't worry about the name on your ticket. My last booking had my name in the same format as yours and there was no problem.

With you issues with seating, meals etc why don't you call Finnair itself? 1 300 132944 toll free from Australia will put you in touch with their sales representative.

I found that the Qatar Airways site, http://www.qatarairways.com/au/ let me choose my seats for both Qantas and Finnair, BUT I had a business class fare. It would be worth your while to have a look at the Qatar site in any case, no damage done if it is no help to you.

Stop worrying!
Thank you.

Like i said i alreayd finnaly got around with selective seat preference on all flights even the flybe and airberlin and of course all finnair flights. Just won't let me do anything for the qantas. Even if i call and all they all say check in at the airport for this flight. Since i be on the qantas flight first bounce to singapore i would not no where i be seating. It be somewhere with a window beside me.

Meals and extra food i can select these on the finnair website at no problems at all. I just have not came across into checking that out at the moment. Still thinking if the pay meals are worth trying or not really. But ill get into that soon i hope.

And by the way preciate with that about the issue with the name join together. The reason why i was so worry and did not sleep well for days.. Its because there is a big impact across the world.. you must have proper writen names as passport shown. Because there are many scams and fakes and odd names and who knows what might happen with todays life airport to airport bu i guess im slightly more calm and relax since i already phone qantas and phone finnair and they all said its fine.... Which was interesting. All i could think of is have your name correctly with space in between. Well aniways all good im happy for now so far

Qatar? i am not on this flight.. I am going via asia. So qatar is out of my list. Actually i was close to choose that direction but wasn't comfortable to go thru the middle east. Anyhow all good.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 7:50 am
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:03 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks nux.. so in another words multple flights finnair and qantas and so on can be messy with one can and one can't with selective seats.
Yes. You will need to ask your travel agent for the Qantas PNR. This will allow you to select your seats on the Qantas flights.

Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Since your first flight is operated by Qantas, you will need to check in with Qantas for your flights from Brisbane to Europe. You can check in online, and there's no need to go to the travel agency to pick up the boarding passes.
Thank you again.
Know that is a very good answer..

So since 85% my travel package is with finnair. And my departure starts from brisbane to singapore by qantas.. Should i be loging into the qantas website to print out the boarding pass tickets. OR the Finnair website to print out the boarding pass tickets ?

Take note.. If i log into qantas website to print the ticket brisbane to singapore then where are the other boarding pass i should meant to get on the day i print the first one ?

I be in singapore for 6 hours when i get there.. From there finnair singapore to helsinki,

Does this mean i will then have to log into finnair website to print out the rest of the tickets ? Or will qantas website gives me all of the finnair tickets reaching to europe ?

Remember i can check in 38 hours or 24hours before check in. i do like the idea to be the good first one to print it out in advance and then show that at airport when i check in.... At least the baording pass will truely show my i still have my seat paid and so on and the time.

But im confusd. I can't remember how i did this trip.. i can't remember if i was meant to log into finnair only or qantas website only first... both may give me something diferent one to another or a conflict of confusing boarding pass tickets... I don't no.

Heres a quick example

Brisbane to singapore finnair by qantas.
6 hours later Singapore to helsinki finnair.
Shortly helsinki to berlin flybe by finnair.

So to print out all boarding pass tickets do i get all of these on the day i check in 38hours from home before depature ?

If so which website should i be doing this aniways. I can't remember how i last time did this... I think i went directly to finnair website to print out the boarding pass and there was the qantas boarding pass aswell since this flight i be on is a (finnair AY 5008) brisbane to singapore.. But i am told it be a qantas plane with the qantas logo on the back wing. Finnair operated by qantas airways and it has the words AY5008

Originally Posted by nux
Yes. You will need to ask your travel agent for the Qantas PNR. This will allow you to select your seats on the Qantas flights.

Thanks. The what PNR ? If i went back to the travel agency she may not even understand what PNR is . And really when i was there on the day of paying this she could not get me a seat. So if she nows the pnr she would had done so and try that. But really like i said. I called qantas they can't get me a seat yet. Only request window. So why go back to travel agency if qantas already told me i can't until check in only ? Even tried finnair and they can't get me a seat of my choice on this qantas flight. Anyhow i guess it be just close to checking,

Do you think that if i was to check in online to print out the boarding pass tickets 38hours before departure i am suppose to then select a seat online on the qantas flight ? Or will it not let me yet until i go virtually to the check in desk at airport in person ?

Sorry like i said i wish not to mention the place i booked my tickets. Don't like conflits. But i will if something went wrong. Then i know who to blame the finger at.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 7:50 am
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
You have made a very smart decision in getting your plane ticket from a travel agent. They will be more than happy to answer all the questions you might have about your upcoming bounces. My suggestion at this time would be to gather all the questions as one big list and then visit the travel agent to sort everything out.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffay005
You have made a very smart decision in getting your plane ticket from a travel agent. They will be more than happy to answer all the questions you might have about your upcoming bounces. My suggestion at this time would be to gather all the questions as one big list and then visit the travel agent to sort everything out.
Hi sorry don't want to talk about travel agency... just for many reasons its all i can say thank you.

Last edited by citro; Jun 25, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.