Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:00 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by citro
Hello
Finnair australia website like ive said earlier.. Will not coporate with me as i look up tickets.... So even if i look up for Economic.. i did what i normally do to look up for prices and such.. It doesnt work because if i include (Rovaniemi) i will get error on the page every time.
It won't work because you add Rovaniemi. You can try a million times, and you will still get error.

So no one really knows the reason why Finnair wont work and even tho it will work if i say i just want to go to Berlin and then back to australia... But not Rovaniemi ? Remember Rovaniemi is lapland in finland many daily finnair planes goes up there.

On the contrary, the reason it won't work is well known and I have told you several times before. The Finnair web page is not built to sell complex itineraries. That is why you receive an error.

To be specific, the Finnair web page will not sell you any ticket that goes through the same airport more than two times. SYD-HEL-BER-HEL-SYD is ok, BER-HEL-RVN-HEL-BER is ok, but when you combine these two, it won't work because you will go though Helsinki 3 times. You may think it is strange by your logic, but it is just the way it is.
But there are solutions:

@:-) One solution is to split up your ticket into two separate tickets.
@:-) Another solution is to talk to a live travel agent.

--------------

Big question to this.. Why did it show me the cheapest price begings at 10,000 dollars ?
So how come now its worth over 10,000 dollars even on economic ?
So can you please tell me the reason why the price is so extremely high ? It should not cost this much.
But now the price is rocketing high so... just doesn't make scenes there to why it shows something so expensive... Has something change with ticketing prices now ?

The price is so extremely high, because expedia does not have access to any cheap fare that covers your trip.
Expedia can build more complex trips than the Finnair web page can, but it can only do so by combining several different fares that has full flexibility. Tickets with full flexibility costs this much.
On the other hand, a real live travel agent may have access to fares that expedia hasn't and may be able to build a cheaper trip for you.
So, there are solutions:

@:-) One solution is to split up your ticket into two separate tickets.
@:-) Another solution is to talk to a live travel agent.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
I'm actually one of the least patient people you could ever meet.

Something that has always impressed me with the Finnair forum is the respect that is nearly always accorded to posters here.

The OP livened up this place in the past, and it looks as though she's doing so again.
Thank you and everyone. Its why the forum is here to stay to talk about it.

Also the internet is everything. Why deal with a travel agency when you can do it online. The way you do it online is the same as they do themselfs at a travel agency im sure. But correct me if mistaken.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Dear: intuition

Well it should not had been that confusing for finnair website to guide me a package ticket combine to these route destinations

Its why expedia seems to coporate with me online easily then what finnair themselfs do.. And yet think yet that Rovaniemi finnair goes there and rovaniemi is in finland. By finnair.

----------

I don't think it be a good idea to buy 2 separate tickets at finnair australia website ? For example since finnair website wont coporate with this Multiple destinations....... Do i just buy 1 ticket to to berlin ? and then another separate ticket to berlin to rovaniemi ? and then another ticket rovaniemi to australia ? 2 tickets.. But that might not be smart idea because hours and things may muck around and change things oh tho.. 11 days in berlin and second ticket head to rovaniemi for 4 days.

But i think that may not be good. BECAUSE this means i must be in BERLIN germany in order to buy a actual finnair ticket FROM berlin to rovaniemi. And im not in berlin to make that ticket online. And if i was to do it online that from from australia it may be more complication and so on. Please correct me at this. Anyone or you may now.

However im only just browsing and only getting ideas bit by bit. Not rushing at buying tickets yet. Just want to see whats out there.

Since that finnair like i said finnair website wont corporate with me with 2 destinations like berlin to rovaniemi. Expedia did with one combine ticket. AND also remember that insurance.. making a ticket from berlin to rovaniemi without insurance. And im not in europe to make this.

So it is confusing that way i think....

Just an update for these to understand:

Brisbane to Berlin(11 days)
Berlin to Rovaniemi(4 days)
Rovaniemi back to brisbane australia

All by finnair.

Finnair wont corporate a ticket combine on multicountries. But expedia will do. BUT at the very same time strange enough EXPEDIA wants to charge me over more then 5,000 dollars even on economic for the january 2016 ticket ? already that expensive for january 2016 ? that price cant be real.. it seems far too expensive.. Tickets dont just cost that much to go to Europe from Australia. But already cost over 5,000 dollars all up with this package.. the amount of cash that you would expect on business class... business class indicates somewhere from 10,000 dollars and the price doesn't sound right.

Is it already that extreme expensive for january 2016 ? we have only just entered 2015 as we speak....... perhaps who knows maybe Expedia has the price all messy at the moment.. but it should not cost 5,000 on economic and 10,000 dollars on business class..

I made this same trip last year and it was only as low as 2400.00 and no where near 5.000 dollars. So not sure if expedia is accuracy price or they need to update the page. (And remember i made my online ticket with expedia aprox 9 months in advance before my trip began. 9 months in advance may sound long time to do tickets. But it was cheap janauary trip. So why now some what near 9 months i could do my ticket today but they offer me to oay over 5,000 on economic and business class over 10,000 dollars. Just doesn't make scene. What is really happening in january 2016 ?

Thanks people. Preciate everyone guide and helpful tips.

Last edited by citro; Feb 15, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yes, you have understood it. Rovaniemi is in Finland.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Why deal with a travel agency when you can do it online.
Because obviously you cannot - otherwise you wouldn't be here
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well interesting to know if you cannot. And they have this Multiple destinations button. Its what im doing including Rovaniemi into it.

Interesting to know. Guess finnair doesn't like rovaniemi destination. In that case why do they have this button for Multiple destinations in the first place if finnair website wont corporate with me. That is what i don't understand.

And sure coming from australia when i last did this trip i was in Helsinki airport more then 3 times back an forth because i went to berlin and then rovaniemi and then bck to australia so 3 times at Helsinki airport... But thats alright. its the home base to change over planes obviously.

I will keep trying with finnair and expedia in the following weeks or so. Just to see what shows up. Maybe bit too early for finnair website to understand a trip for the next 12 month or so. Expedia... well that is showing me the most expensive ticket ever. I will just muck around with expedia to see what it shows next.. not that im buying tickets just yet.. perhaps in 3 months time i will have to make big decisions... Business class or economic. So at this stage just having a browse and look.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Sometimes travel agents do have access to fares and tickets that we don't, so I would recommend going to Flight Centre and talking to somebody there. There would be no obligation to buy your ticket from them, tell them you are just thinking about making the trip at want to know what the options are.

I don't like Flight Centre very much, but they are everywhere. I would never use Expedia for tickets from Australia.

It seems that you are doing the same trip that you did last time - have you thought about going to somewhere other than Berlin and Rovaniemi? Paris has a very interesting history too, I think that I remember you are interested in World War 2, so if you went to Paris for example you could see history from the other side. Amsterdam is a wonderful city, and a lot smaller than either Paris or Berlin, you'd find much of interest there as well.

I'd never heard of Rovaniemi until you started to talk about it in this forum, it looks beautiful.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Sometimes travel agents do have access to fares and tickets that we don't, so I would recommend going to Flight Centre and talking to somebody there. There would be no obligation to buy your ticket from them, tell them you are just thinking about making the trip at want to know what the options are.

I don't like Flight Centre very much, but they are everywhere. I would never use Expedia for tickets from Australia.

It seems that you are doing the same trip that you did last time - have you thought about going to somewhere other than Berlin and Rovaniemi? Paris has a very interesting history too, I think that I remember you are interested in World War 2, so if you went to Paris for example you could see history from the other side. Amsterdam is a wonderful city, and a lot smaller than either Paris or Berlin, you'd find much of interest there as well.

I'd never heard of Rovaniemi until you started to talk about it in this forum, it looks beautiful.
Dear wonderfull long time user: BadgerBoi
with all due respect yes im trying to make the exact same package as last time i made my trip.

Everything for the first time ever i did it with expedia. First time doing it online for a overseas ticket. And first time on my own and first time with finnair.

So its a huge experience. And going alone you learn more about yourself then having pairs around you. If you know what i mean. So i do like to go back to the same destinations. But also wanted to visit austria or somewhere there. But adding more destination does add up cost. And yes im on budget. But if all goes well business class will be a one off thing experience i think.
Otherwise i stick with economic seats.

I understand Flight centre may help. I may just do that only to ask information and print out but i hate to give them my name everytime. Well i do like the idea of JUST MYSELF to fully 100% take control of the ticket online. Because i may wish to now and then every few weeks log in and look at my alternary ticket just in case something changes... and also i may want to change something like food or wish to pay extra meal on board. Or even change time or cancel everything. So i know flight center can do this for me if i re-visit them each time. But i think it be a headache going around in circles just to go there and look at my update alternary and so on. I just think with today's age of the internet i feel that i am more in power to just see what Ive spent and what i wish to change or just look at my alternary online. So i don't no... at this moment im only browsing.

But just one thing is. It should not cost more then 5,000 dollars on this same package. Last year it only cost 2400.00 and i made my tickets somewhere around April while been in this forum. And my trip was to go in january 2014. But going back to Expedia website.. bloody hell that 5,000 dollars for the same destinations for January 2016.. already that expensive?

Didn't i kept hearing people in the past in the forum telling me that (The sooner you buy your tickets in advance the cheaper it seem) And ( if you buy the tickets at the very close date the price may look higher as the seats are filling up fast) Now anyone and you is this very true ?

And also if you made this trip you wouldn't like the idea to wait at the very last minute, As in travel in january 2016. Don't just buy tickets in December this year. Because the price may be more higher then what it is today.

However what i don't get it is... why is it cost so high at the moment? January 2016 is a long way yet to reach. We have only just recently entered 2015 as i wrote this.

Anyhow its always good and interesting to learn out of this. Im only browsing and only seen what i will do by taking people adverse. And even tho i dont have the money to buy airline tickets yet anyways. In 3 or 4 months its when i want to quickly get going with buying tickets as i wish to go well in advance. But if i was to do the tickets today.... i would be so disappointed due to know that this package cost well over 5,000 dollars and this is only ECONOMIC price.... you don't want to guess how much currently it is with business class... Yes over 10,000 dollars. As if i have that amount to throw away.

Will see the results on prices in the next 3 months online and vs a flight centre. And then take decisions. and i have a gut feeling that the price may be different then today shown price. Something just doesnt sound right... 5,000 dollars package shouldn't cost that much. Now unless everyone has already started buying january 2016 tickets.

But then again the calender for january 2016 is only half done currently as it is far too early to show the full calender on expedia.

Goodnight.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:23 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
However what i don't get it is... why is it cost so high at the moment? January 2016 is a long way yet to reach. We have only just recently entered 2015 as i wrote this.
Please read the replies given to you fully, and try to provide a concise, short reply.

As I said last time, the reason the price is so high has been answered several times already.
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24329125-post55.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24337050-post59.html

The price is high because of how you are trying to book it. You cannot cheaply book Brisbane-Berlin-Rovaniemi-Brisbane as one ticket.

If you search using the multi-city option on either Finnair.com or Expedia for: Brisbane-Berlin, and Rovaniemi-Brisbane (do NOT include Berlin-Rovaniemi) then you will find the economy price below $2,000 and business below $7,000. You would then need to separately book Berlin-Rovaniemi.

If you are not going to take the advice provided to you in this thread then you are best visiting a travel agent who will be able to work out the best combination of tickets to book for you.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Well that is the answer i wish to know for real. I havent ask a travel agency. They may not even no because they have so many airlines up thier sleeves.

Expedia can make a package. Just not Finnair website. Plus knowing that finnair website seems more expensive to even regardless make a trip just to berlin. While expedia finds the cheapest. of course the cheapest airliner out there.

Anyhow im still wait to see what might happen the next 3 months. No rush.
Good idea. Fares change all the time, and next January is a long way away so there will almost certainly be some specials that come up between now and then. Keep checking every few days.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
Please read the replies given to you fully, and try to provide a concise, short reply.

As I said last time, the reason the price is so high has been answered several times already.
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24329125-post55.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24337050-post59.html

The price is high because of how you are trying to book it. You cannot cheaply book Brisbane-Berlin-Rovaniemi-Brisbane as one ticket.

If you search using the multi-city option on either Finnair.com or Expedia for: Brisbane-Berlin, and Rovaniemi-Brisbane (do NOT include Berlin-Rovaniemi) then you will find the economy price below $2,000 and business below $7,000. You would then need to separately book Berlin-Rovaniemi.

If you are not going to take the advice provided to you in this thread then you are best visiting a travel agent who will be able to work out the best combination of tickets to book for you.

I understood that nux. Thank you
But also Expedia expects me to pay some what over 7.000 for a trip on economic ? that doesn't sound right. It does not cost that much on economic to go to europe.

Why was it cheap when i made this package berlin and rovaniemi ? total was under 2,400.00 and now expect to pay over 7.000 dollars with expedia ? Maybe expedia has a error with the price or that they have not updated it correctly with the index price and so on. OR because it is only alittle bit early and they still have to update for ticketing prices for january 2016 on the calender ?

Oh tho if you where to make a trip late in january 2016. It wont be posible at the moment because the calender for january is only half way done. You will have to wait at least by the end of this month february in order to see the actual full available calender plan for january dates.

Anyhow paying 7,000 is just doesnt sound right and this is economic price. It shouldn't cost that much at all.

Berlin and rovaniemi. All this like ive said i made my bookings well in advance thinking that if i made my bookings well in advance it works out cheaper then wait till the last. So i made it cheaper and it was only 2,400.00 and i made my bookings aprox 9 months before i made my trip. 9 months in advance i buy and made my package. And it clearly show the cheapest price available 2,400.00 subtotal on both countries in one package. I also notice the price was sort of going HIGHER as the time was getting closer to the day i was to fly to europe.'

But anyhow no rush. Im only looking. I will see what finnair and expedia indicates and tells me when i try check out the prices in the next 3 months. I think it should be good enough in 3 months time to make the bookings. Rather then wait too long. It is good enough well in advance to try get the cheapest price posible.

At the moment even if i had the money.. I would never want to pay 7,000 dollars on economic OR 10,000 dollars on business class with finnair because these prices don't sound right. But im sure these prices will change updated soon. I hope.......

thank you

Good idea. Fares change all the time, and next January is a long way away so there will almost certainly be some specials that come up between now and then. Keep checking every few days.
Thank you Badgerboi.
Yes thats what i believe so too.. I have not gone back to check on expedia.. just giving myself a rest with that but i have 3 months from now on to save up good money.

Will see if Business class will be the ideal for me or Economic. Depending how much im able to spent in 3 months time when i start looking at expedia for this package. Of course no one should pay too much.

Someone said to me.. don't be fool.. why bother spent so much money on business day which is just a full day on a business day a one off thing and there goes your thousands of dollars down the toilet....... Which is true.

But will see at the moment no rush. I am saving money its important just like i did so preview year when i was to make my trip. I have now until 3 months time to save up. Save up every 2 weeks. some where around 600.00 dollars. Hopefully i have enough for a business seat if posible... or maybe not depends. then comes the hotel ideas after. So will discuss on that as well. As well as food on board and more.

With all of your members on board here on the forum i thank you for your help. I preciate these and long terms members in the forum to care and help me.

So im already excited about this trip.

You see i might want to make another trip. for example Berlin will be first then i might want to visit austria ? or poland... but if i do visit austria.. its days and then go to rovaniemi for days before going back to australia. But i understand this will be extra cost in a package.

For know im on stage 1 where i am just thinking ideas of destinations by these 2 maybe countrys but berlin and rovaniemi is in my list. But may want to visit austria as well before rovaniemi. Will just see in 3 months time. Which is aprox MAY 2015 is when i should start looking at all this airlines and have the idea where i want to go on that extra country as well. Depending on the money situations and so on.

I know ill end up on flybe... las ttime alittle bad experience with them but from helsinki to berlin was half empty. The plane was so cold the young girl on the other side window was shaking and putting on her gloves and jacket on board. The food was very poor on flybe. However the good thing was that it got me right on time 100% and hardly no turbulance what so ever. The ladies giving people food on board with flybe didnt had a happy smile.. There is more to it as well when i went from berlin back to helsinki on flybe and how the bikies seat around me which i was tremendiously afraid.

Anyhow The most principle part is save up. And if business class it is i will go ahead with that. If not then economic. Sure.. we all want comfortable and away from people on the plane.

Anyhow just might quickly have a look at finnair website with images of the business class just to have a climps looks at it. Already am excited for my next trip,

I must save up its the only way i must start now to archive this trip. Like anyone does

thanks guys.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 7:51 am
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Hi citro,

Airlines change their prices depending on how many people have bought tickets as compared to how many they expect to have sold. If few people have bought tickets, then they will decrease the prices, just like if more people have bought tickets they are able to charge more. For flights in Jan 2016, the airlines are charging higher prices right now.

For those of us who live in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, our flights will always be more expensive than those who live in Melbourne and Sydney.

For your information, the cheapest price I have seen for Finnair business class traveling to Helsinki has been about $4500 leaving from Sydney, so you probably won't get a trip in business class that includes Berlin and Rovaniemi lower than that.

The last three years I have traveled to Europe by myself as well, and what I have done is chosen a city to arrive in and then journey to other cities from there. For example, 2013 I flew from Perth through Hong Kong to Helsinki. I then traveled around Finland by train, by ferry to Estonia and then fly to Stockholm before returning to Helsinki to fly home. I found that I was able to get tickets Helsinki-Stockholm-Helsinki for $120. I believe it would have cost more if I had done it in a package.

Also I found that Expedia adds about 20% to the cost compared to buying the tickets from the airline website. This means their foreign exchange rate is very bad. So it would be the price you pay for the convenience of being able to plan itineraries such as yours on the one ticket.

So the best idea is to wait until April to buy the ticket as you did last year.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windchaser777
Hi citro,

Airlines change their prices depending on how many people have bought tickets as compared to how many they expect to have sold. If few people have bought tickets, then they will decrease the prices, just like if more people have bought tickets they are able to charge more. For flights in Jan 2016, the airlines are charging higher prices right now.

For those of us who live in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, our flights will always be more expensive than those who live in Melbourne and Sydney.

For your information, the cheapest price I have seen for Finnair business class traveling to Helsinki has been about $4500 leaving from Sydney, so you probably won't get a trip in business class that includes Berlin and Rovaniemi lower than that.

The last three years I have traveled to Europe by myself as well, and what I have done is chosen a city to arrive in and then journey to other cities from there. For example, 2013 I flew from Perth through Hong Kong to Helsinki. I then traveled around Finland by train, by ferry to Estonia and then fly to Stockholm before returning to Helsinki to fly home. I found that I was able to get tickets Helsinki-Stockholm-Helsinki for $120. I believe it would have cost more if I had done it in a package.

Also I found that Expedia adds about 20% to the cost compared to buying the tickets from the airline website. This means their foreign exchange rate is very bad. So it would be the price you pay for the convenience of being able to plan itineraries such as yours on the one ticket.

So the best idea is to wait until April to buy the ticket as you did last year.

Dear Windchaser.
Thank you kind enough to tell me just in dept details about it as well. Great to see another nice member in the forum who does care to answer and give some advice now and then, So thank you to you as well.

Yes i understood about that. Oh tho my trip will be january 2016. But the calender for january 2016 is only half way done with expedia website. But for example since it is after all half way.. oh tho my trip will be longer but the calender isn't made just yet.. for now i just have a play with expedia and typed in 5th of january for 10 days in berlin and then rovaniemi a few days. Oh tho that is not the actual dates im traveling but just having it a play to see what it shows up for the meantime.

However when i did that. The price is so higher then ever before.. So why would it be so expensive with economic as well for business class ? It can't be posible that somehow evryone has brought a ticket on the actual dates like 5th of january 2016 already surely ?

I always thought... expedia would show you the lowest price posible. Because january is a long way away and its not like airline tickets are completely full allready. And considering we are only in february 2015.. I thought the sooner you buy your (cheap) tickets economic or business clas with finnair.. The better it is. But you don't want to wait at the very last month or days and minutes thinking that if you wait late in the year.. the price will go HIGHER.

Isn't that true? the longer you wait the price will go higher for airline tickets correct ? SO IF THAT is correct.. How come it is already that expensive over 5,000 dollars on economic and even though january is like some what 11 or 10 months away... long time and already it cost that much?

Like i said when i made my last trip to europe. I wanted to buy my airline tickets well in advance just because i was afraid that... i might not make it in january 2014 because the longer i had to wait the price will climp up higher. And i didnt want to pay more. So what i did was go on expedia.. expedia finds me automatically my package cheapest with finnair under 2,400.00 dollars. That is how much it cost. It is a very normal australian price for overseas travel.

But it is not normal for economic to show me 5,000 dollars to go to europe. So.... Do you know the reason why it is apearing to show a very high price at the moment lets say 5th of january 2016 ? Shouldnt the price by now be heaps less ? and im talking about australian dollars.

Unless like i said expedia has not updated or has a error on the cost of the ticket price value. Because 5,000 dollars economic is not normal and 10,000 dollars on business class is beyond mind.. Because that is just not right.
It shouldnt cost that much.

Now unless like you said... when the plane is filling up passangers tickets.. the price will go higher.. Could it posible be that everyone has allready brought many airline tickets on 5th of january 2016 allready? imposible.

Try the same package for any random date in january or december or november or october this year and it will show you a high price.. I wonder why. Even all the way as early as octorber this year and price is allready rocketing high.. Now that just sounds strange. i don't no.

Anyhow like i said i have 3 months to save my money. i want to travel business class but its not that im going to expect to pay over 10.000 dollars thats for sure. And if i was to go with economic i will not expect to pay over 5,000 dollars at all.

In 3 months time my mission is to look for hotels and seat requierments on the finnair plane and see what expedia or any site will tell me.

I have a strong feeling the price will be very very diferent in 3 months time.

For example in MAY 2015 i will look at expedia... expedia might show prices under 3,000 dollars on economic, But then i wonder why back in february 2015 it told me it cost over 5,000 dollars to begin with. AND get this... February today is more advance to buy your tickets now then what it will be so much of a advance paid in may 2015 as an example.

Anyhow.. Sure.. no one wants to pay too much. I do want to do it online and thanks for telling me this thing about 20% with expedia.

Also just out of curiosity.. If i want to get a hotel via Booking .com should i visit Trivago .com ? now this company trivago seems to be all over the world on the cmmercials.. When i was in berlin i saw that in january 2014 on the television trivago.. then now i see it all the times now recently in australia television. Oh tho i tried it and the hotel that i like shows booking .com was the cheapest price.. So does it matter if its trivago vs booking . com ? commodation hotel.

Anyways thanks folks preciate it. Going to bed. And read more the following day. Thanks guys really means alot.
Regards.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
The $5000 that Expedia is quoting is the actual price of a full-fare ticket with Finnair. What happens as the date gets closer to January 2016 is that Finnair will look at how many tickets they have sold, and if they haven't sold what they expect to then the price will come down. Because January 2016 is 11 months away, they would see no reason to decrease the price since they have a long time to sell the tickets.

There is no real way of knowing how the ticket price will increase or decrease over a given year, although you can reasonably predict when prices will go up and go down if you do a lot of research. Most often airlines will offer cheaper tickets at times during the year, however if they have sold the amount of tickets they expect to, then the decrease in cost will not be as large. Buying early does not always guarantee that you have paid the lowest price. In November I bought my ticket to travel from Frankfurt to Riga for late June, at a price I thought was good, however I looked last week and the same ticket was cheaper than what I had paid.

*Price all depends on how many people have bought tickets*

With regard to booking a hotel, booking.com and trivago.com are both separate sites you can use to book a hotel room. If you use booking.com, you will pay the price listed on the booking.com website, just as if you use trivago.com, you will pay the price listed on the trivago website. You cannot expect to use one website and pay the price displayed on the other. It does matter which website you use.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windchaser777
The $5000 that Expedia is quoting is the actual price of a full-fare ticket with Finnair. What happens as the date gets closer to January 2016 is that Finnair will look at how many tickets they have sold, and if they haven't sold what they expect to then the price will come down. Because January 2016 is 11 months away, they would see no reason to decrease the price since they have a long time to sell the tickets.

There is no real way of knowing how the ticket price will increase or decrease over a given year, although you can reasonably predict when prices will go up and go down if you do a lot of research. Most often airlines will offer cheaper tickets at times during the year, however if they have sold the amount of tickets they expect to, then the decrease in cost will not be as large. Buying early does not always guarantee that you have paid the lowest price. In November I bought my ticket to travel from Frankfurt to Riga for late June, at a price I thought was good, however I looked last week and the same ticket was cheaper than what I had paid.

*Price all depends on how many people have bought tickets*

With regard to booking a hotel, booking.com and trivago.com are both separate sites you can use to book a hotel room. If you use booking.com, you will pay the price listed on the booking.com website, just as if you use trivago.com, you will pay the price listed on the trivago website. You cannot expect to use one website and pay the price displayed on the other. It does matter which website you use.
Hello Windchaser Again THANK you so kind enough to reply quickly and good words put into it.

I understand what you meant.

So please correct me if im wrong or not.

So at the moment there is 11 months or less away trip fro janaury 2016.
So expedia has the normal price for economic 5,000 for the moment and Business class 10,000 australian dollars... For the moment.

So does this mean lets choose 10th of january 2016. Is the plane already half full or some full or not a chance or maybe not yet ?

So... when there are lets say 15 strangers have just brought a ticket on that actual date same plane i want to go to for 10th of january 2016. What happens Then on expedia ? lets say 15 people have already brought tickets on that actual plane today... will expedia reduce the price down or will the price go much higher then 5,000 dollars ?

So by saying that. What happens if example 30 people have brought tickets on that date and on that same plane i want to go and it is allready july 2015. And this trip will be for 10th of january 2016. What happens then with expedia.. will the price be higher or will the price go lower ?

And also what happens if there is only just 5 or 10 tickets allready brought for that particular date and plane trip for 10th of january 2016. And lets say it is today allready October 2015.... And it seems as though the plane is still needs to be filled up and theres only 10 people already brought tickets earlier this year.... So what happens then? the airline will understand that 10th of january 2016 is only aprox 3 months left and there is only aprox 10 people brought tickets for that date and plane... What happens then.. expedia expects to low the price down to make it easier for people to fill the seats quickly before its too late ?

So isnt it the same for the much advance ? I just want to know on these questions. For now im only just browsing

And thank you i made my booking with booking .com but it seems that NOW trivago seems quite popular on the australian commercials and already seen it in berlin commercials as well when i was in berlin in janaury 2014. New site so hope booking .com is still worth it.

Anyways important is the airline before the hotel is all concern i believe.

Thanks again have a great day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.