FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:21 pm
citro
Suspended

Originally Posted by windchaser777
The $5000 that Expedia is quoting is the actual price of a full-fare ticket with Finnair. What happens as the date gets closer to January 2016 is that Finnair will look at how many tickets they have sold, and if they haven't sold what they expect to then the price will come down. Because January 2016 is 11 months away, they would see no reason to decrease the price since they have a long time to sell the tickets.

There is no real way of knowing how the ticket price will increase or decrease over a given year, although you can reasonably predict when prices will go up and go down if you do a lot of research. Most often airlines will offer cheaper tickets at times during the year, however if they have sold the amount of tickets they expect to, then the decrease in cost will not be as large. Buying early does not always guarantee that you have paid the lowest price. In November I bought my ticket to travel from Frankfurt to Riga for late June, at a price I thought was good, however I looked last week and the same ticket was cheaper than what I had paid.

*Price all depends on how many people have bought tickets*

With regard to booking a hotel, booking.com and trivago.com are both separate sites you can use to book a hotel room. If you use booking.com, you will pay the price listed on the booking.com website, just as if you use trivago.com, you will pay the price listed on the trivago website. You cannot expect to use one website and pay the price displayed on the other. It does matter which website you use.
Hello Windchaser Again THANK you so kind enough to reply quickly and good words put into it.

I understand what you meant.

So please correct me if im wrong or not.

So at the moment there is 11 months or less away trip fro janaury 2016.
So expedia has the normal price for economic 5,000 for the moment and Business class 10,000 australian dollars... For the moment.

So does this mean lets choose 10th of january 2016. Is the plane already half full or some full or not a chance or maybe not yet ?

So... when there are lets say 15 strangers have just brought a ticket on that actual date same plane i want to go to for 10th of january 2016. What happens Then on expedia ? lets say 15 people have already brought tickets on that actual plane today... will expedia reduce the price down or will the price go much higher then 5,000 dollars ?

So by saying that. What happens if example 30 people have brought tickets on that date and on that same plane i want to go and it is allready july 2015. And this trip will be for 10th of january 2016. What happens then with expedia.. will the price be higher or will the price go lower ?

And also what happens if there is only just 5 or 10 tickets allready brought for that particular date and plane trip for 10th of january 2016. And lets say it is today allready October 2015.... And it seems as though the plane is still needs to be filled up and theres only 10 people already brought tickets earlier this year.... So what happens then? the airline will understand that 10th of january 2016 is only aprox 3 months left and there is only aprox 10 people brought tickets for that date and plane... What happens then.. expedia expects to low the price down to make it easier for people to fill the seats quickly before its too late ?

So isnt it the same for the much advance ? I just want to know on these questions. For now im only just browsing

And thank you i made my booking with booking .com but it seems that NOW trivago seems quite popular on the australian commercials and already seen it in berlin commercials as well when i was in berlin in janaury 2014. New site so hope booking .com is still worth it.

Anyways important is the airline before the hotel is all concern i believe.

Thanks again have a great day