Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
You are doing something wrong, so you need to keep trying until you understand how to use the search or call a travel agent to help you.

I have no trouble searching for a SYD-BER;BER-HEL;HEL-SYD in the multiple destinations search on the finnair site. With dates 2 dec/12dec/15dec it prices to 2256 AUD. Other dates are cheaper and below 2000AUD exists.
I do realise that thank you. Did exactly like what you done its how i got my airline tickets last year. Perhaps there is something with cookies that had to be deleted on the browser or something and its not sydney.

Just a note. Should i book my airline tickets with finnair australia or expedia ? Remember both indicated diferent prices. I think finnair shows a much expensive price. But i will have to try this out again. Not sure why it was giving me errors.

And also choosing berlin for tegal or berlin new airport. I just left it as tegal.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:41 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It would be quite an unique experience to fly to Berlin new airport, as it is not finished yet, and most likely won't be until 2016. Maybe you should stick with Tegel.
The destination code BER refers to all airports in Berlin city, not to the new airport. Once Berlin Brandenburg is open for business, it will replace all other Berlin airports and will then be named BER, but that is not going to happen anytime soon.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It would be quite an unique experience to fly to Berlin new airport, as it is not finished yet, and most likely won't be until 2016. Maybe you should stick with Tegel.
The destination code BER refers to all airports in Berlin city, not to the new airport. Once Berlin Brandenburg is open for business, it will replace all other Berlin airports and will then be named BER, but that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Yes there has been a huge delayed with the brand new airport in berlin as everyone talked about more then 2 years as it should of had hoped to be open when i took a trip down there.

How come with expedia and finnair would show me the highest rate price posible lets say i want to go to europe in december not that i want to go in december but only trying out. So how much they are showing me higher price ? last night it did work with expedia. But Finnair australia website didn't work ?

Does this mean the better i wait the cheaper the price gets ? i thought it be the sooner you pay your tickets the cheaper it begin with plenty of seats. Rather then wait 3 months before departure. But do it now 11 months before you departure.

I want to travel in january 2016. Just that currently the calender for jan isn't available in full yet. So i have to wait at least until the end of this month february in order to see the january calender plan available.

Last time i did with expedia. Im only working out if its worth trying business or stick with economic. And compare prices. Just having a look and thinking about it. Oh tho it be wonderful to experience business class without the all tight up and having someone so close to me and such. Maybe busienss class they treat you like a vip at any time you need to. I hope

So this morning i try expedia australia.

I did the also sydney to berlin (11days) berlin to rovaniemi (3days) then back to australia trips starts 3of december and back home 18th of december.
total price on economic shows me to begin with the cheapest price would be
AU$5,040
per person
includes taxes & fees

And it always shows me finnair because it seems the cheapest to what expedia indicates.

That does not sound right. It should not cost that much to go to europe. Unless like i said there is a huge event happening that time in europe.

It should not cost me that much ather then it should be much lower price around 2.000 total return ticket. Its how it always has been.

Now unless there is this thing that the australian dollar is too bad this month.. I guess everything is expensive even futniture and all. I heard on the news that from feb not a good time to buy electronics/furniture as the price be much higher. (So does this also gets effected price going much expensive on airline tickets) ? As it is with february been the most expensive on furniture/electronic goods in australia. If the dollar isn't good atm.

Try it yourself and do what i wrote. With Expedia australia

Finnair website australia continues to show me error. I wonder why!

p.s im only just facinated about this not that i don't want to disturb anyone too much about this. But you sure would not want to pay 5.000.00 australian dollars just to go to berlin and rovaniemi.

Last year all this only cost me around 2,300.00 dollars return (economic) So much a much diferent cheaper price then what it is currently showing me.

And you would also not like the idea to wait 3 months before going and buy tickets. As price may be higher for real.
Its why i do like to tempt to buy tickets now and get it cheaper before seats gets taken quickly.

I rather do it online. It is a rather more experience and good for me to learn new things. Dealing with a travel agency will not give me the aportunity to log online and change seats whenever i want or extra food added. Unless i end up constantly going to the same travel agency to change something every time. I like to take more in control what i see and what im getting. Rather then the person doing it for me.

Last year i did it all myself and im glad ive learn something new.

That user NUX i still continue to thank him/her for the website link http://www.finnair.com/int/gb/business-class-long-haul

Its a interesting and spectacular virtual map what business class looks like., Only problem is... you get on the plane first as business class and then get annoying by 100s of economic passengers walking past you and staring as they are next to board the plane.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 8:41 am
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:30 am

I really hope you find a good price for your economic bounces on Finnair to Tegal and back. Most likely it has to do with you being a bit too early. Wait for a few months.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by citro
Last year i paid my ticket early 10 months before i left. And it was cheaper that way. But im suprise there is no availability .. And already ? something must be happening in europe in the next 10 or 11 months time ?
Plenty is happening in Europe in the next 10 or 11 months. The whole continent is so popular and filled with HEL´s bikeys etc that economic bounces are getting filled fast.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:09 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
That user NUX i still continue to thank him/her for the website link http://www.finnair.com/int/gb/business-class-long-haul

Its a interesting and spectacular virtual map what business class looks like., Only problem is... you get on the plane first as business class and then get annoying by 100s of economic passengers walking past you and staring as they are next to board the plane.
I think it's better for you to book domestic econonic to avoid such issues.

Seriously, if only one door is used for boarding that's (almost always) L2 = at the back of the front business class cabin so you will not see any economic domestic passengers after being onboard.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Of course one can board last - businesspersons are allowed boarding at their convenience.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:17 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Finnair website australia continues to show me error. I wonder why!

It is a good question. Sadly I don't really have the time to take a look at your computer, even though I'd love to pop over (or would that be to pop under?) to Australia to check it out.

Now, sitting here in busy Europe, I'd still like to make a guess on what has gone wrong. perhaps you are not following the advice given in post #3?

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
1. ticket nr1 - Australia-Berlin (via Singapore and Helsinki) - schedule a stopover in Helsinki, long enough for your trip to Lapland and naturally for your desired dates.

2. ticket nr2 - Helsinki-Lapland return ticket on a separate reservation during your Helsinki stopover with ticket nr1

For step 1, your Finnair website Australia should look something like this, after you have entered the cities and dates in your travel plan.

Then, after pressing the search and waiting a few seconds for all those tiny electrons to rush from Australia to Finland and back to you, it should look like this on your computer screen:

Here you should be able to click and choose dates and price for your trip. As you can see from the image above, it should be considerably less than 8000 AUD.

Then, for step 2, you just start over and book a second ticket between Helsinki and Lapland. This should be even easier than the first ticket, as there are only 2 cities to travel between.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:39 am
Moderator, Finnair

It would be very convenient for me, but I admit there might be some slight inconvenience for others. But after all, I am a businessperson.

(Very much tongue in cheek my friend. You need to know a little about businesspersons from another thread, though)
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It is a good question. Sadly I don't really have the time to take a look at your computer, even though I'd love to pop over (or would that be to pop under?) to Australia to check it out.

Now, sitting here in busy Europe, I'd still like to make a guess on what has gone wrong. perhaps you are not following the advice given in post #3?

For step 1, your Finnair website Australia should look something like this, after you have entered the cities and dates in your travel plan.

Then, after pressing the search and waiting a few seconds for all those tiny electrons to rush from Australia to Finland and back to you, it should look like this on your computer screen:

Here you should be able to click and choose dates and price for your trip. As you can see from the image above, it should be considerably less than 8000 AUD.

Then, for step 2, you just start over and book a second ticket between Helsinki and Lapland. This should be even easier than the first ticket, as there are only 2 cities to travel between.

Thank you very much for that in-dept imagery of what it looks like when buying tickets. Thanks for taking your time.
However that is exactly what im doing im pressing multi area as i am going to rovaniemi after berlin next.

I will just try again today just mess around with it on finnair australia just to see what comes up. I will try the months of Oct November and December 11 days in berlin and 3 days in rovaniemi. This is a one full package and in this case i will try economic and if it works i will try business class.

All i was after was just having a look at the prices. I am not yet have the full amount of cash to buy tickets but i am just having a look just to get the idea how much i will expect to pay.

I am more then likely start buying tickets in the next 3 months from now. I do like the appreciation of hope into the business class. Its why i must start saving.

But one thing is you would not like to do all this late. The earlier you do it the cheaper it gets isn't that true ?

Update i took a image of what it shows me. however not sure how to insert a picture on the forum. Its not a http:// picture.

So it seems to show me that error again regardless.

To: (intuition) Thank you so much for that with the pictures. Great to see someone like this user cares to help as much as posible in dept.

I will try with Finnair australia and i should let you all know what it shows me. Otherwise if error it has to be something to do with cookies on browser or something that needs to be clean.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Last edited by citro; Feb 4, 2015 at 4:16 pm
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I will try with Finnair australia and i should let you all know what it shows me. Otherwise if error it has to be something to do with cookies on browser or something that needs to be clean.
For cookies, I would suggest you choose American Airlines. They have wonderful chocolate chip cookies on their bounces for business people, and sometimes oatmeal raisin as well. Warmed, too!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
However that is exactly what im doing im pressing multi area as i am going to rovaniemi after berlin next.
Which part of "Buy a separate ticket to Rovaniemi" is difficult to understand?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Do not add Rovaniemi after berlin. Finnair webpage cannot handle this journey in one single trip.

1. Find the Australia-Berlin-Australia trip in "multi-destination" search
2. Start over
3. Find a Helsinki-Rovaniemi trip in "Return" search

So 2 different searches and 2 different trips.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Do not add Rovaniemi after berlin. Finnair webpage cannot handle this journey in one single trip.

1. Find the Australia-Berlin-Australia trip in "multi-destination" search
2. Start over
3. Find a Helsinki-Rovaniemi trip in "Return" search

So 2 different searches and 2 different trips.

This is what im doing. Everything with finnair.

Brisbane to berlin (11 days) make that 1nd of december 2015
Then include from berlin tegel to Rovaniemi make that 5 days which is departure on the 15th of december back to brisbane. From Rovaniemi back to Brisbane finally.

This is exactly how i did it last year on my trip via Expedia. And all of my airline ticket was with Finnair. As aswell as for Flybe which was only helsinki to berlin and berlin to helsinki.

Remember from brisbane it takes me to Singapore. From singapore it takes me to Helsinki. From helsinki its where i then catch the flybe finnair plane.

Then 11 days later i catch another flybe by finnair back to helsinki. And from helsinki i catch a finnair bounce to rovaniemi.

So pretty much its all finnair.
How come exactly finnair australia website continues to show me erros? considering this trip is pretty much everthing finnair flight. its why im going to 2 countries on this trip and again with finnair.

Perhaps finnair australia website may not be so good. Because it seems that Expedia can do a better job finding me the exact package.

So why not finnair australia ?

This is a package. Not just separate tickets and then another separate ticket. It be easier all combine rather then going confused at it. Expedia made it easier for me. Then why not finnair website ?

But again i continue to get errors. It worked this morning if i was to type in brisbane to berlin and berlin back to brisbane.

But not how i want as well for rovaniemi ? i wonder why.

That is what i dont understand and why it wont work like that. Considering rovaniemi is in finland and finnair flys there all the times.

Just remember the places i have to change planes are Singapore and Helsinki airport. My trip destination are berlin and the next city holiday is rovaniemi. All in this package.
Perhaps i should continue with expedia. If it works correctly that is. Because finnair australia website continues to show me errors the way i want it to be. So why expedia does a better understanding job rather then finnair website for this trip? Considering its all finnair or at least it is with flybe anyways......

thank you.

If you dont believe me at that. i took a picture what it looks like how i did it with the package with finnair australia website. Just dont no how to post the photo in this forum for you folks to understand where im at.

But just so long... i will continue to see what it says with finnair australia now and then just mess around with it see what shows up. Maybe the website is fully packed with people buying tickets or i don't no exactly. But it shouldn't give me that error considering rovaniemi is in finland and its where finnair gets you there.

Thanks folks.
Just curiosity about this. How much extra more in aud dollars is it with Business class vs Economic seat ?

So for example if my trip up subtotal to berlin and rovaniemi and back to australia Roughtly it would cost me around 2,000 aud dollars on economic all in this package.

How much extra more to make that as Business class package ? 1,000 dollars extra more ?

It would be very convenient for me, but I admit there might be some slight inconvenience for others. But after all, I am a businessperson.

(Very much tongue in cheek my friend. You need to know a little about businesspersons from another thread, though)
Do you fly on finnair business class on these 330 or 340s planes ? Remember i just had a look on youtube. There seems to be a slight diferent in business seats with finnaier. one looks like it is closer to the next seat. While the other one looks more discreet with everything on your own seat no extra seat next to you just a large box with space with all that.

Not entirely true. Even though I always pay to become a businessperson, they won't let me board after the doors have closed.
Folks just a reminder. All business class poeple will get in the plane first. But remember that when i made my trip as economic. They did not announced it as business class please line up here to this door. So they called it something else. I didn't new what it was that for. Was wondering if it was meant to be for these who are on business seat boarding. Something VIP or Special to line up here. Have any finnair flyer here notice that ? in singapore ? As i was there to board the plane and they announced special people first which must of been business class. I almost got on that line but then i quickly moved back because there was many more passangers eating down to board the plane. So i quickly assume that these boarding first had to be business class

but why don't they call it announce it ( Business class boarding please line up here ) ? rather then something different !? I wouldn't have ever known if that line was meant to be for me or not.

I think they announce something with the words Special or VIP or CLASS... does all that sounds the same as Business class boarding first ? Oh tho i was little tired. But never heard them announce on the microphone saying line up here for business class (yes it was for business class) but they never mention business class they called it something else.

Then ones these pasangers got in the plane all of us economic people seating down waiting to board in the plane took more then 10 to 15 minutes for us last to get on the plane. When i got on the plane i could see hald the amount of business class seats mainly 80% empty. But when i first saw the business class get in the plane first there was at least aprox 20 or 30 passangers.. But how could the business class as i walked in was almost empty ? don't say there was a diferent area where you cant see where business class are seated ? behind me as i walk straight towards the econimic seats.

Anyhow just wanted to know. Not a huge deal about it. Just interesting to know. And if not mistaken my airline was a 330s or 320s i think.. finnair from singapore bounce to europe

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.