Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:36 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Very poor experience this morning 20.04.2015. Arrived around 7:15 to grab a bite before a flight to LHR. Empty trays mostly, one prepared piece of cold cuts left, three pieces of cheese left, and one croissant left. People pouring in. No one around to serve coffee or drinks. A problem with staffing or what? Heard from a lesser mortal colleague, that it had been the same in the pleb section.

And AY did not amaze either. Half full biz section. No offering to take the coat. No pre-breakfast drink. The guy in front of me reclined his seat right after take off. No room to open laptop. Hardly room to "enjoy" the wiener-spinach-fried egg-melon-youghurt breakfast. Some three spins above London before landing well in time but waiting for the jetway. Horrendous crowd both in e-passport and regular immigration.

Luckily the sunny springtime weather in London and perhaps a few pints of black beer soothes the soul for the next three days!

Last edited by TTL; Apr 20, 2015 at 5:44 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TTL
Very poor experience this morning 20.04.2015. Arrived around 7:15 to grab a bite before a flight to LHR. Empty trays mostly, one prepared piece of cold cuts left, three pieces of cheese left, and one croissant left. People pouring in. No one around to serve coffee or drinks. A problem with staffing or what? Heard from a lesser mortal colleague, that it had been the same in the pleb section.

And AY did not amaze either. Half full biz section. No offering to take the coat. No pre-breakfast drink. The guy in front of me reclined his seat right after take off. No room to open laptop. Hardly room to "enjoy" the wiener-spinach-fried egg-melon-youghurt breakfast. Some three spins above London before landing well in time but waiting for the jetway. Horrendous crowd both in e-passport and regular immigration.

Luckily the sunny springtime weather in London and perhaps a few pints of black beer soothes the soul for the next three days!
Well, we seem to have been at the lounge approximately at the same time. There was absolutely nothing left, unless a bowl of hot beans qualifies as a breakfast. After the "premium" lounge treatment I ended up purchasing a salad onboard the flight. At least I got my SAS EB points for the salad, paying with a SAS co-branded card, so the morning was not a total waste.

AY - get your act together. You cannot call a lounge "Premium Lounge" with this level of non performance.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Can't believe this.
Why wouldn't they simply restrict, upon arrival at the entry desk, rush hour access by advicing OWS to the business lounge side? That would be easy solution to me.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
Can't believe this.
Why wouldn't they simply restrict, upon arrival at the entry desk, rush hour access by advicing OWS to the business lounge side? That would be easy solution to me.
Because they added OWS to the premium list to battle the overcrowded situation in the business lounge in the first place.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
Because they added OWS to the premium list to battle the overcrowded situation in the business lounge in the first place.
Aha. So for AY, the businetic bouncers are more important than economy Emeralds freeriding on their card
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:35 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Aha. So for AY, the businetic bouncers are more important than economy Emeralds freeriding on their card
Well, if in this case both lounges were equally empty of any offerings, I would conclude that something had gone wrong with staffing etc. for that particular day. I have not seen something like this during morning hours or even the busiest afternoon period.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by reflektia
In my opinion it is the best lounge for gold/ows in oneworld network. I might have missed some but anyways...
Originally Posted by ORD Finn
I guess you haven't visited CX lounges at HKG?
Or the JAL F-Lounges at the Tokyo airports or QF F-Lounge in SYD, to point out a few..
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:22 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
If there were First Class between HEL and LHR, I would be utilizing it. In general, I not consider myself a freerider at any airport . OW has kept some distinction between S and E. But airlines without 1st do dilute it.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
reflektia wrote best OWS/gold lounge.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:32 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Well, if in this case both lounges were equally empty of any offerings, I would conclude that something had gone wrong with staffing etc. for that particular day. I have not seen something like this during morning hours or even the busiest afternoon period.
First serving prosecco in premium lounge and then running out in both lounges, and running out of food to me indicates delivery issues. Very surprising to get to the point of completely running out of things though.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Or the JAL F-Lounges at the Tokyo airports or QF F-Lounge in SYD, to point out a few..
Not on a Gold/OWS card. I guess that is the whole point of the OP - AY premium lounge is quite nice for anyone on OWS. Viewed in the competition of proper F lounges it is very pale.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:06 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
First serving prosecco in premium lounge and then running out in both lounges, and running out of food to me indicates delivery issues. Very surprising to get to the point of completely running out of things though.
Yes, delivery was in the etc. But seriously, pretty disappointing to have such things happen.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Yes, delivery was in the etc. But seriously, pretty disappointing to have such things happen.
As we have a larger group heading to LHR on BA this Saturday morning, I certainly hope there are no delivery issues then as I certainly want my champagne and breakfast!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:20 am
Moderator, Finnair

Don't want to be Mr Negativity, but "the deliveries didn't arrive" usually means someone didn't pay the bill.
With the same number of flights coming and going everyday, the number of visitors and the consumption should be pretty steady. I'd be surprised if orders for food/drinks aren't on an automatic re-order schedule. I guess coming Sunday will be a shocker to them, when the FT gang empties the stock that was supposed to cover the next 2 weeks..
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
I guess coming Sunday will be a shocker to them, when the FT gang empties the stock that was supposed to cover the next 2 weeks..
We'll teach them about inventory management
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
On a more positive note - AY Premium lounge beats the crap out of AA Flagship Lounges in LAX and JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.