Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
According to the Finnair website, no kids' facilities in the non-Schengen J lounge.

There is a "Kids’ Tower space" facility in the Schengen lounge, which you would be eligible to use as well. Haven't seen it myself, but can't imagine it would be better than how skba1 described the Premium lounge's kids' room.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Last time we were there the staff did not know how to use it when my kids wanted to dungeon there, so they teached the staff how to, and were happy playing the playstation.
IIRC there was nothing else
Edit: the premium lounge I mean. But you may not have access withiut status
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Recently I was in this Premium Lounge for the Xth time - but for the first time without finding anything warm to eat! Then I found this at the AY website:

NEW PREMIUM LOUNGE

... Hot breakfast from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., hot meals from 3 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. and 9 p.m. to 12 midnight.
Gourmet snacks, salad and hot soup service from 10 a.m. to 12 midnight...

I just think that a true Premium Lounge should have some warm meals also during the lunchtime (which is not from 3 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.) and before the departure to i.a. DEL and TLV.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Justinus
Recently I was in this Premium Lounge for the Xth time - but for the first time without finding anything warm to eat! Then I found this at the AY website:

NEW PREMIUM LOUNGE

... Hot breakfast from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., hot meals from 3 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. and 9 p.m. to 12 midnight.
Gourmet snacks, salad and hot soup service from 10 a.m. to 12 midnight...

I just think that a true Premium Lounge should have some warm meals also during the lunchtime (which is not from 3 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.) and before the departure to i.a. DEL and TLV.
Even the not Premium Lounge should have warm meals at lunchtime and at dinnertime which for sure falls between 5:30 PM and 9:00 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Even the not Premium Lounge should have warm meals at lunchtime and at dinnertime which for sure falls between 5:30 PM and 9:00 PM.
I was just asking myself where on earth lunch- or dinnertime would be between 3 p.m. and 5.30 p.m., as suggested by the lounge schedule!

In most countries that is coffee or tea time!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:08 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Justinus
In most countries that is coffee or tea time!
Coffee time?!? I don't think there is a specific time for coffee! We need it all day long.

Top ten in Caffein-from-coffee consumption per capita

Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It seems Nicaragua is an outlier. All the other countries can be quite dark in the winter.

But the Finnair lounges must have had this schedule for a long time or is it just a recent enhancement?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Last time I was at the Premium Lounge was in May, and I had the "pleasure" to spend there almost 8 hours. Was supposed to fly HEL-LHR-SFO, but HEL-LHR was overbooked and AY re-routed me to HEL-JFK-SFO, so instead of taking off from HEL at 08:00, I left a bit after 14:00.

I believe the cited schedule of meals was already the same back then, but regardless of that, they had a lunch service starting around 12:00, with some warm soup, chicken and grilled vegetables, which compared with a nice glass of red wine, was not a bad lunch at all...

https://instagram.com/p/2qEa_ZleXR/
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:33 pm

I think more important than the hours perhaps is the quality of the offerings.
Most times I´ve been there the "warm food" on offer has been nothing else than "Rose Mary potatoes" and a soup (soup was much worse than the nice soups they serve onboard btw).
If that´s all they can afford to treat their premium customers with, I´d much rather prefer some gourmet snacks and save the hot meal til I´m on board, it´s definetely not any worse...
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Coffee time?!? I don't think there is a specific time for coffee! We need it all day long.
At least I cannot figure out how that could be a lunch time - or even less: a dinner time.

Why call it a Premium Lounge when the offerings are not at all premium? Next time I guess I will visit a restaurant instead.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:33 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I'm just joking. Except when it comes to coffee. Never joke about my coffee.

Agreeing on so many levels though that Finnair's definition of Premium is off.
The rosemary potatoes are nice, but it does not elevate that lounge above the ordinary.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:44 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Seriously, are potatoes the only hot item they serve for dinner, and soup maybe? Can't wait to become Gold and get an access to this premium lounge!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:25 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Seriously, are potatoes the only hot item they serve for dinner, and soup maybe? Can't wait to become Gold and get an access to this premium lounge!
No, they are not.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:04 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Now serving Finnish Napue gin. Excellent. Goes down very well neat as well.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Now serving Finnish Napue gin. Excellent. Goes down very well neat as well.
Good to know. Will try!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.