Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
It opened a year ago... look at the date of the video you posted...
my mistake, sorry...
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Fully stocked cooler of Nicolas Feuillatte in the premium lounge today, even through the rush hour, which kept me tipsy very well during my 4 hour connection.

As a tip for other frequent users of this lounge, the accessible bathroom which is to the left past the door leading to the sauna is always empty, and much more spacious than the standard bathrooms. No more crowded and cramped toilets.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
The bar here was quite well stocked when I passed through in June and appreciated there were staff to mix drinks and provide a barista service.

Enjoyed a Hendrick's G&T and also spied a Macallan scotch. Both these were available in the duty free catalogue, which I'd imagine isn't a coincidence.

The previously mentioned stains on the grey fabric chairs were noticeable on more than half the seats, which is a shame as it detracted from the really nice interior design.

It also took the staff a while to get around and clear the tables once passengers had left the lounge, but other than that a very comfortable place to spend a few hours.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by intuition
And seriously, one (1) WC and two urinals to serve a lounge with ≈100 seats?!
I've been into the lounge many times now, and still have to look very carefully at the symbols on the door to work out which is the gents' and which is the ladies' (I did go into the wrong one, at least once). Is it just me and my early-morning caffeine-free brain?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
It's just you
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by klmml
I've been into the lounge many times now, and still have to look very carefully at the symbols on the door to work out which is the gents' and which is the ladies' (I did go into the wrong one, at least once). Is it just me and my early-morning caffeine-free brain?
Nope, I experienced the same confusion.

They could use some aloha, like these guys:

Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Tau kee!

'Te reo' sadly isn't used that much in Finland. Reminds me, I should book a trip right now.

http://www.maoritelevision.com/tv/shows?category=13
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's a long way out (Nov) but just booked my first AY trip under an AA codeshare.
I must say novelty of a sauna in the lounge may be too much to turn down.
not to mention trying the old AF A340 for 10+ hours, looking forward to a change from BA.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Cammo
I must say novelty of a sauna in the lounge may be too much to turn down.
not to mention trying the old AF A340 for 10+ hours, looking forward to a change from BA.
The sauna is quite an enjoyable diversion whilst waiting at the airport. I spent about 20 minutes in there and really enjoyed the novelty.

I don't think they get much usage as the cleaner was leapt back in shock when opening the door to find me inside.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
After being subjected to the pure vileness that is Monopole Blue Top in CE on BA, I enjoy Feuillatte with relish whenever I fly Finnair.

It's no Krug, Dom or LPGS, but it's decent and enjoyable for sure. ^
+ 1!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:07 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Can AY+Gold/OW Sapphire card holders use Premium lounge when flying with AY but ticket is marketed by CX? How about w/ Schengen lounges at HEL?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:10 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Premium is for everyone!
Marketed by any oneWorld airline is enough to enter the premium lounge. However, for the non-premium lounges, you need to have AY code on the ticket!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
Moderator, Finnair

The 'exclusive' access to premium is governed by this rule
Available exclusively for Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold members (+ one guest), and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire cardholders (+ one guest), when the departure flight is marketed by a oneworld airline.
while the non-premium lunge (both schengen and non-schengen) has this rule
Free of charge for Finnair Business Class customers and Finnair Plus Platinum, Gold and Silver members (+ one guest with Platinum or Gold cardholder), and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire cardholders (+ one guest), when the departure flight is marketed by Finnair (AY code on the ticket).
http://www.finnair.com/int/gb/inform...irport/lounges
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:20 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks!

In this case, I think OW website is a bit misleading as it states that:
Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown.

Then AY tells this about the Schengen lounge:
Free of charge for Finnair Business Class customers and Finnair Plus Platinum, Gold and Silver members (+ one guest with Platinum or Gold cardholder), and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire cardholders (+ one guest), when the departure flight is marketed by Finnair (AY code on the ticket).

Confusing.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:27 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Yes, it is clearly in violation of oneWorld lounge rules.

For AY it is a matter of sending most people to the premium lounge so the business lounge doesn't get crowded. I'm not sure they would deny someone with CX tickets from the businessclass lounge IRL. Please try and report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.