Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
The shower rooms are fullblown bathrooms and I seem to recall have a hairdryer. I thought they were rather well designed.

The same cannot really be said for the sauna - it's rather impractical as there's no changing room! And, one could have assumed there would be a window to the runway - sadly, that's not the case!

On a more positive note - at least there IS a sauna!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
I used the showers at HEL one morning a couple of weeks ago, connecting from SIN to LHR. The shower rooms are proper sized bathrooms with the toiletries listed by an earlier poster and of course towels. There is also a hairdryer. The offering compares favourably to other shower facilities of this type, such as the BA Arrivals showers at LHR.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by remymartin
...there's no changing room!
But there are two changing rooms with lockers! M & F
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by cistavoda
But there are two changing rooms with lockers! M & F
Must be new?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Until now I have never had time to use the sauna, when visiting the Premium Lounge.

But in the newest Blue Wings that sauna is featured as a part of the Finnair Lounge, where "anyone can get access with 48 euros".

I am confused, since I thought that the same sauna was a part of the Premium Lounge only. Has something (been) changed?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The showers and sauna is shared between the premium and the regular lounge. The regular lounge sells access for 48€
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Happy to report that there is relative Happy Easter calm in the Premium lounge today. Good food, champagne available, space to sit down and friendly staff. A pleasure!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: TG,PR,UL
Is alcoholic drinks available complimentary in the ordinary business class long haul lounge?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:54 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by chelseaboi
Is alcoholic drinks available complimentary in the ordinary business class long haul lounge?
At least red wine, white wine and prosecco are complimentary.

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Apr 5, 2015 at 10:00 am
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:54 pm

Thanks very much for the information, really prosciutto also?

How is the food situation in the afternoon, is it really as dire as it seems to be, I've got just under 4 hours connection before my flight to bkk. Would prefer to eat in the lounge and then sleep on the flight.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:04 am

Wkndtraveler wrote prosecco (Italian lesser fizzy sparkling wine), not prosciutto
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:38 am

Thanks for the correction

My predicative text obviously doesn't like prosecco, or it may have have been the shock that I was in seeing it listed there, considering the such negative reviews that I'd seen on the lounge.

The lounge doesn't seem quite so bad then.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by chelseaboi
My predicative text obviously doesn't like prosecco, or it may have have been the shock that I was in seeing it listed there, considering the such negative reviews that I'd seen on the lounge.

The lounge doesn't seem quite so bad then.
No it's a pretty good one. The negative things you read here are mainly about access policy (OWS + OWE) that makes it overcrowded at peak afternoon times (when most of the longhauls leave in a 2 hrs or less window)
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
No it's a pretty good one. The negative things you read here are mainly about access policy (OWS + OWE) that makes it overcrowded at peak afternoon times (when most of the longhauls leave in a 2 hrs or less window)
In my opinion it is the best lounge for gold/ows in oneworld network. I might have missed some but anyways...
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I think chelseaboi was referring to the AY non-Schengen business class lounge, not the Premium lounge. But also the former is not that bad nowadays.

Last edited by LoungeEnthusiast; Apr 6, 2015 at 1:02 pm Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.