Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
I think chelseaboi was referring to the AY non-Schengen business class lounge, not the Premium lounge. But also the former is not that bad nowadays.
Indeed, he did. I just went by the thread title. I haven't been to the business lounge for a while, but if memory serves me right it is OK - and the afternoon overcrowding is a problem there, too.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: TG,PR,UL
I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

I've never flown with AY before or been to HEL. It will be the first time in a long time that I've either not had elite OW status or a choice of OW lounges for a long layover, so I've been quite interested in finding out the reality of what to expect.

Thanks also to everyone from us newbies for your details, descriptions and insights. Your knowledge is much appreciated.

I'm extremely intrigued now about AY in advance of my flights to/from BKK and HKG later this year.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:10 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No worries. We need the occasional newbie here, otherwise we just regurgitate the same old stuff between us. If you stick around and post some experiences after your flights, I think we will be happy.

For your BKK flight, it departs and arrives in the afternoon in the busy hours. You said you have a 4 hour layover, so you should be in before the rush though.

The HKG flight leaves HEL late at night and lounges are pretty quiet then. Arrival from HEL is very early morning. If you are connecting from the HKG flight onwards to a schengen destination, you will also beat the rush. Schengen lounge after 6:30 will be the most chatty finnish experience you'll ever have ;-)
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by reflektia
In my opinion it is the best lounge for gold/ows in oneworld network. I might have missed some but anyways...
I had the chance to visit the newer Premium Lounge before a JL flight to NRT and have to admit I was rather impressed, having known the previous lounge at HEL. We had plenty of time to enjoy the sauna. The only nicer facility for OWS I've seen would be the QF lounge in SIN.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:32 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ZKOKA
The only nicer facility for OWS I've seen would be the QF lounge in SIN.

Oh, I was going to post something about QF-SIN-lounge!
In my view, it's not that the QF lounge itself is fantastic, it is just that never has "meat and three veggies" tasted better than after spending too much time in Asia!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
The other day, the Premium Lounge had "ran out" of champagne, and was offering the same prosecco that is offered for free in long-haul economy instead. I was not a happy bunny!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:34 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
The other day, the Premium Lounge had "ran out" of champagne, and was offering the same prosecco that is offered for free in long-haul economy instead. I was not a happy bunny!
And today they had ran out of prosecco at Schengen lounge. The explanation was that they didn't get it. (Shop is just downstairs.)
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Is it so that they are serving prosecco during morning hours, I read somewhere IIRC?

I saw in the meet-up thread there seems to be some sort of "parliament post-election early meeting" in Premium lounge on 25th , those guys might need some upscale replenishment there
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Is it so that they are serving prosecco during morning hours, I read somewhere IIRC?
Wouldn't know, I've never been there in the morning. This was late afternoon.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:48 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by FFlash
In the Premium Lounge? No. I've had champagne there at 7 am. Because it is never too early for champagne.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by SPBanker
In the Premium Lounge? No. I've had champagne there at 7 am. Because it is never too early for champagne.
Hear, hear!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SPBanker
+ 1

Also, the glasses are quite small.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
+ 1

Also, the glasses are quite small.
Always get an extra one for your imaginary "friend"!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by chelseaboi
Is alcoholic drinks available complimentary in the ordinary business class long haul lounge?
Yes, drinks are complimentary. Beer and wine are available self-service. Spirits you have to order at the bar -- nowadays they are complimentary too. The selection is pretty basic, though.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by reflektia
In my opinion it is the best lounge for gold/ows in oneworld network. I might have missed some but anyways...
I guess you haven't visited CX lounges at HKG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.