FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:08 pm
Trav1970

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TTL
Very poor experience this morning 20.04.2015. Arrived around 7:15 to grab a bite before a flight to LHR. Empty trays mostly, one prepared piece of cold cuts left, three pieces of cheese left, and one croissant left. People pouring in. No one around to serve coffee or drinks. A problem with staffing or what? Heard from a lesser mortal colleague, that it had been the same in the pleb section.

And AY did not amaze either. Half full biz section. No offering to take the coat. No pre-breakfast drink. The guy in front of me reclined his seat right after take off. No room to open laptop. Hardly room to "enjoy" the wiener-spinach-fried egg-melon-youghurt breakfast. Some three spins above London before landing well in time but waiting for the jetway. Horrendous crowd both in e-passport and regular immigration.

Luckily the sunny springtime weather in London and perhaps a few pints of black beer soothes the soul for the next three days!
Well, we seem to have been at the lounge approximately at the same time. There was absolutely nothing left, unless a bowl of hot beans qualifies as a breakfast. After the "premium" lounge treatment I ended up purchasing a salad onboard the flight. At least I got my SAS EB points for the salad, paying with a SAS co-branded card, so the morning was not a total waste.

AY - get your act together. You cannot call a lounge "Premium Lounge" with this level of non performance.