Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Back to Finnair plus or stick with BA EC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back to Finnair plus or stick with BA EC?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by FFlash
Slightly related but not really BAEC. Did you see the announced award earning changes and EQD that American Airlines introduces wow now at least I won't need to calculate if I should change with my NA travel pattern, it will be clear no-no AA.
As long as AY+ earnings on esentially any AA Y class ticket is 100%, I'm happy... But of course, I know that it will not last forewer.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
As long as AY+ earnings on esentially any AA Y class ticket is 100%, I'm happy... But of course, I know that it will not last forewer.
They wont last I am 99,9% sure of that

I find myself now looking where to move after these ridiculous changes. I have a love-hate relationship with baEC and find their aircratft terrible BUT I fear I may have to just grin and bear it and just do the minimum on ba.

Not having to fly so much for status will help me redeem my one world stash for sure I am allready set for Star gold till 2018 and OWE until 2018 so I guess I have a year to decide but AA is out for me... Who will take the torch as the best OW program...

Still hoping for a AY challenge but I know thats a pipe dream
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by kauppias

Still hoping for a AY challenge but I know thats a pipe dream
What kind of challenge we are talkin about?

You want to join LGG's ARN-AY-challenge? Starts in September and it's hard core bus rides to ARN and back more than once in a week.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG

You want to join LGG's ARN-AY-challenge? Starts in September and it's hard core bus rides to ARN and back more than once in a week.
👍👍👍 I was thinking more like AA's challenge

I just dont see myself starting from ZERO

Im stubborn that way

Though I have baEC silver and AA EXP till 2018 so I should be okay for a bit
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:34 am

I just dont see myself starting from ZERO
I start from zero too. And after 10 times to ARN it's time for Silver/Silver limit passed.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:03 am

I start from zero too. And after 10 times to ARN it's time for Silver/Silver limit passed.
Starting from zero meaning from ay basic thats why I was hoping for a challenge like AA does... But anyways AY doesnt do it so baEC it is
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Starting from zero meaning from ay basic thats why I was hoping for a challenge like AA does... But anyways AY doesnt do it so baEC it is
But you can still use your AA status for AY runs. Imagine starting really from Basic and going HEL-ARN 23 times to first get Gold to "enjoy" lounge
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Furry
But you can still use your AA status for AY runs. Imagine starting really from Basic and going HEL-ARN 23 times to first get Gold to "enjoy" lounge
Indeed especially the schengen lounge

Indeed I could but I think I will pass unless a promotion comes along...

Originally I was looking to just park my excess over 100000miles yearly but now I find myself without a FF home after next program year so it will take some deep thought and alot of drinks to come up with the solution 😀😀😀
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Not sure that I would use that if AY would match other OWE or only AA EXP due to the program changes, but would be a smart move. More high flyers and eliminate to move to other OWE programs. If BA continues the current TP chart would be much easier to qualify/re-qualify to their Silver but to Gold, depends of the amount of the "special discount sales".
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Not sure that I would use that if AY would match other OWE or only AA EXP due to the program changes, but would be a smart move. More high flyers and eliminate to move to other OWE programs. If BA continues the current TP chart would be much easier to qualify/re-qualify to their Silver but to Gold, depends of the amount of the "special discount sales".
ba gold is easy I just dont like the airline

I dont see ay doing matches unless a OW airline goes belly up like Malev but challenges could attract actual flyers just saying *wink wink* 😀😀😀

Anyhoo
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
ba gold is easy I just dont like the airline

I dont see ay doing matches unless a OW airline goes belly up like Malev but challenges could attract actual flyers just saying *wink wink* 😀😀😀

Anyhoo
If you fulfil the challenge of breaking the bad news to any platinum's spouse, you might receive his/her gold card...
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver

This is my life for about a year now. However, I up the game and invite you to join me on a crappy noisy ATR-72 to Bromma and back at least once a week.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:16 pm

Thanks but I keep it as ARN+Airbus challenge.

I try to avoid ATR's whenever possible.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
If you fulfil the challenge of breaking the bad news to any platinum's spouse, you might receive his/her gold card...
I allmost did succeed in that but their MIL won 😱😱😱

Tough case
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:56 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
After many years on the "dark side" with BA I made a decision few months ago to make AY Plus my main OW program again. I haven't been totally away and been jumping back and forth between Silver and Gold for few years.

BA works great to U.S./S.A. but for HEL based pax with many short hauls, too, it doesn't make sense now. Also, most family trips are with AY so those vouchers come into picture, too. So hopefully more AY trips coming up.

If all goes according to plan I should hit AY Plat again early next week, pre-party tonight planned with some reindeer filet included, maybe even hitting the new sauna here at the lounge, just for the heck of it (not many times HEL based pax has a connection here..)

Happy Landings, everyone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.