Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Back to Finnair plus or stick with BA EC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back to Finnair plus or stick with BA EC?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by HJP
I didn't notice the 4 segment on BA rule with BAEC, so that makes it quite the same as with AA (where AY operated flights with AA flight numbers are eligible). AY+ doesn't have this rule which is better for me.
It's not expensive or hard to get those 4 qualifying flights. Do a HEL-LON-JER return for 4 flights and that's it. About the fastest and cheapest option for doing it. I'm myself flying a trip like that shortly. Other alternatives are also available in the same price class.
Old May 22, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
It's not expensive or hard to get those 4 qualifying flights. Do a HEL-LON-JER return for 4 flights and that's it. About the fastest and cheapest option for doing it. I'm myself flying a trip like that shortly. Other alternatives are also available in the same price class.
JER? Remember that the LHR-LGW transfer is not included.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:43 am

Certainly, but JER is faster than for instance RAK or MLA.
Old May 23, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
And any other domestic (man, Edi) is even faster.
Old May 23, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by remymartin
And any other domestic (man, Edi) is even faster.
AMS, BRU, PAR are short
Old May 24, 2016, 3:29 pm

I wasn't talking only about time, but the price as well.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
My qualification period ends 31st of Aug.. I qualified for AY Gold somewhere in Feb-March iirc so got the 4 upgrade vouchers. Will I get 4 new vouchers on 1st of Sept when the first "full year" of Gold starts? And what will be the expiry date on current vouchers (did some points redemption because some reason didn't know what Gold comes with vouchers... :/)?
Old May 31, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
I am flying QR J to BKK this summer. Apparently flying QR nets me quite a few TPs if I switch to BAEC from AY+. I would reach BAEC silver by flying 4 BA segments if I've understood correctly. I am based in HEL, so does anyone have recommendations as to what would be the cheapest way to fly 4 BA segments from HEL? I have plenty of time to do that in July.

I can see that JER is a possibility, but the idea of doing a LHR -> LGW transfer doesn't seem very enticing.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by deissi
I am flying QR J to BKK this summer. Apparently flying QR nets me quite a few TPs if I switch to BAEC from AY+. I would reach BAEC silver by flying 4 BA segments if I've understood correctly. I am based in HEL, so does anyone have recommendations as to what would be the cheapest way to fly 4 BA segments from HEL? I have plenty of time to do that in July.

I can see that JER is a possibility, but the idea of doing a LHR -> LGW transfer doesn't seem very enticing.
You can try searching same day HEL-LHR-HEL flights on weekends. At least couple of weeks ago there was still some available for 99€ r/t in July/August. So if dates match, it could be done with sub-200€ + some time to spend in London itself or at LHR.

Edit: first available dates 13 Aug / 14 Aug

Last edited by Furry; May 31, 2016 at 6:18 am
Old May 31, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Cathay Gold (OWS)
Originally Posted by Furry
My qualification period ends 31st of Aug.. I qualified for AY Gold somewhere in Feb-March iirc so got the 4 upgrade vouchers. Will I get 4 new vouchers on 1st of Sept when the first "full year" of Gold starts? And what will be the expiry date on current vouchers (did some points redemption because some reason didn't know what Gold comes with vouchers... :/)?
You will get new ones 1st sep and the current ones expire 31st aug.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG

QR gives good BA TP's, flying to DXB in Oct in J and seems that Doh-Dxb is booked in A, thus giving 60 TP's each way. And I presume Hel-Doh is 140 TP's each way. Was a good price of 740€.

Did you notice that they give you a flying time of 5h20m out and 7:35 in... which of course cannot be correct. Same time in DOH and HEL in summer, thus correct flying times should be 6:20 and 6:35....

Anyone know if OWE gets to choose row 1 seats (all are blocked and booking engine does not open them).

You can always book a UK domestic flight from LHR....
Old May 31, 2016, 10:25 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest

I was a BA fanboy as long as there were significant TP earnings from AY KMPT classes. I.e. 120 TP from KUO-LHR return hops and 800 TP eurogold limit. Did also most of my longhauls using BA. The things have changed since then... 1500 TPs would not be difficult to reach, but the absolute uselessness of Avios for any significant purpose (read not intra-European shorthaul via/to/from LHR) helped me to jump the ship. So today balanced spending with AY and LH-group (mostly LH First) I think is my best batting for airline priviledges being Finland based.

Last edited by TTL; May 31, 2016 at 10:38 am
Old May 31, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Originally Posted by sakari1707
Anyone know if OWE gets to choose row 1 seats (all are blocked and booking engine does not open them).
My understanding is that QR blocks row 1 till the bitter end as they are bassinet seats. But that means they should be available at check in.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Are the new QR HEL flights good for maxing TPs to south-east-aussie splitting up segments into max TP? Oh well I don't have that travel pattern but once I had, calculations calculations...
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Slightly related but not really BAEC. Did you see the announced award earning changes and EQD that American Airlines introduces wow now at least I won't need to calculate if I should change with my NA travel pattern, it will be clear no-no AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.