Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Back to Finnair plus or stick with BA EC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back to Finnair plus or stick with BA EC?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
And here is my calculation.

My flights would earn me Emerald in both BAEC and AY+. Despite flying a lof of QR I'm far away from emerald at 69%. On AAaaaaaadvantage I'd end up at 88%, despite everyone saying AA is generous (they might be in cattle class).

Interesting is that BAEC is more generous on QR flights than AY+ is. If only flying QR, then BAEC might be a good program.
But where AY+ "really shines" is actually in the Value ticket type. That trip is 15,8% credited to AY+, compared to BAEC (3,3%) QRPC (0,0%) and AAaaaadvantage (4,0%).
Nice analysis by haapalainen and intuition! any more recent comparisons for 18/19 (for sure a few devaluations happened ?
Old May 2, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
As i look, i take flights to Asia, usually in economy/econ extra. With BA, booking a Finnair ticket and taking free upgrate to economy comfort on Finnair gets me about 20 tier points to HK and 20 back This is about 2.6% of BA Emer, on Finnair I would get 20k points which would be 13% of my Finnair Emer.

I fly to stockholm a lot and would get 1% compared to 0.6 on BA.

The upgrade vouchers seem useful too. Hate to say it, but with 500k BA points waiting to be used, its time to move to finnair. (in two months when tracking resets)

I think if you are taking finnair metal, it definitely makes sense.
ffay005 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.