Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
yes I can see all this, but the result pressing the menu link just gives a note that "we are in the progress of changing menus, please check later ......", maybe I'll get it before check-in time.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:16 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OK, then it might just be the timing of menu changes they talked about. I'm flying in less than 48h and so I guess I am on the right side of dates to be allowed to see current menu.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Gold
I had a Facebook chat with CS re: Business Class meals for my 11-12 April flights JFK-HEL-BKK. Their response below seems to help explain what's happening with those for flights 5 April and onwards:

Hello Greg,

It's a pleasure to assist you.

Please note that the menus served in Business Class change every 3 months and the current one will change on the 5th of April - a week before your flight date.

May we kindly ask you to contact us back on the 6th of April, so that we provide you with the latest menus offered in Business Class?

We apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

Kindest regards,
Your Finnair Team
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I have never seen such a well-composed message in English written by Finnair! That's really rare.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: AY Platinum
You're right that the message is pretty good, but I don't understand how it's possible that customer service doesn't know what the menu will be. The logistics department must have known for months. So why are they treating it like some kind of secret? I have a flight coming up in a week, and this is annoying...

Edit: The menu for my flight is actually available now, but it has spelling errors. This is unbelievable:

"Palsterankkakeitto"

"chef Jaako Sorsa"

Last edited by heatsink; Apr 5, 2017 at 6:53 am
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by heatsink
You're right that the message is pretty good, but I don't understand how it's possible that customer service doesn't know what the menu will be. The logistics department must have known for months. So why are they treating it like some kind of secret? I have a flight coming up in a week, and this is annoying...
The choices for my flight next week has appeared today. No idea if the menu has again been created by some well-known chef, as just the main courses are shown, not the whole menu, but it looks different from the one on my flight 2 months ago. On the other hand, haven't seen Finnair presenting it in twitter, either, like they previously have done when new celebrity chef menu has been launched.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:52 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I flew today and ofcourse menu of pre-order was not the same as actually served. FinnIrr apparently has no clue what they cater
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:55 am
Moderator, Finnair

Wow best auto-correct all day
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Wow, on the way back from BKK they now offer no regular vegetarian meal - and also on the way to BKK its only one of the special meals wich is vegetarian. So you have to pre-order if you on a veggie diet. Strange.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Wow, on the way back from BKK they now offer no regular vegetarian meal - and also on the way to BKK its only one of the special meals wich is vegetarian. So you have to pre-order if you on a veggie diet. Strange.
Actually I think this is a great improvement.
Before, there used to be one meat, one fish and one veggie option.
For me, allergic to fish and a non-vegeterian, it left me without any choice at all.
And I think most other airlines offers two meat options in J.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by JoWa
Actually I think this is a great improvement.
Before, there used to be one meat, one fish and one veggie option.
For me, allergic to fish and a non-vegeterian, it left me without any choice at all.
And I think most other airlines offers two meat options in J.
Isn't it a bit strong to say that there's no choice at all? I flew HEL-BKK-HEL on QR a couple of weeks ago in J, I think I ended up going for the vegetarian option on all the four meals on those flights. (Well, to be fair, I wouldn't necessary dare to take a tofu dish on AY having seen it served on SH J but I had a bit more faith in QR and I wasn't disappointed.)
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
I flew today and ofcourse menu of pre-order was not the same as actually served. FinnIrr apparently has no clue what they cater
The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago.

I had preordered "duck with orange sauce pasta" or something like that on AY5 (HEL-JFK), and I received what appeared to be "(very salty) stuffed tortellini on a bed of berries." There was no duck or other meat protein involved, as far as I could tell.

I don't really care because it's airline food either way, but it makes me wonder why they'd bother giving us a false sense of control if they can't be certain what they'd be serving...
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by heatsink
...The menu for my flight is actually available now, but it has spelling errors. This is unbelievable:

"Palsterankkakeitto"

"chef Jaako Sorsa"

I took AY74 earlier this week, and the menu said "chicken tight with yuzu sauce." IIRC, this was true for both the printed menu distributed on the flight and the online menu, and I thought that was adorable :-:
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by nyc10036
I took AY74 earlier this week, and the menu said "chicken tight with yuzu sauce." IIRC, this was true for both the printed menu distributed on the flight and the online menu, and I thought that was adorable :-:
Haha, noticed that too. I was slightly tempted to try the chicken tights.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Greetings from AY43

Here's April's menu ex-ICN

Buckwheat vegetable roll with Korean style mustard dressing (easily forgettable)

Gravlax - cured salmon, potato salad and spicy prawn (OK)
or
Creamy button mushroom soup with chive

Steamed sea bream with spicy soy sauce, grilled zucchini, sweet pumpkin and steamed rice (wish I chose something else. Bland tasting meal)
or
Kalbi Jjim - beef short rib, braised carrot, mushroom, and turnip, roasted gingko nut and steamed rice
or
Ham and cheese filled chicken breast with ratatouille, buttered broccoli and roasted jacket potato with rosemary

Cheese - Red Leicester and blue cheese (cheese varieties changed)

Vanilla or green tea ice cream

Cheesecake (minimal sized cubes)

Coffee, tea, avec
_______

The purser came by, saying that they test the sae concept as on the A350 - basically a more personalised meal service, with the dishes served one by one. Nice idea, but took a long time - 2hrs from wheels up to main on the table.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.