Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
January 2017 HEL-BKK following options available:

Option 1
Minced pike cakes with cold smoked pike, potatoes, horse-radish and egg

Option 2
Roasted omega-3 pork rib, parsnip, apple and mustard sauce

Option 3
Pasta with duck and orange

Food Lover´s Treat
Grilled whitefish with carrot puree
- Asparagus
- Poached spinach
- Zucchini

Chef´s Gourmet
Overcooked reindeer entrecote
- Barley risotto
- Porcini
- Roasted artichoke
- Thyme sauce

Wellness and Energy
Honey and sesame marinated fried tofu with red rice
- Almonds
- Brussels sprouts

February 2017 BKK-HEL options:

Option 1
Salmon fillet with creamy white wine sauce, fennel stew, roasted celeriac, carrots and parsnip

Option 2
Braised beef with caramelized onion, mashed potatoes and vegetables

Option 3
Grilled cod fillet with black mushroom and ginger sauce, fried rice with egg, bok choi and bell peppers
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:48 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
JFK-HEL in January 2017

Option 1
Pan roasted chicken with leek fondue, steamed broccoli, wild mushroom barley risotto and red wine reduction

Option 2
Grilled tenderloin of beef with sautéed broccoli, yellow wax beans, creamed yukon potatoes and cabernet demi-glace

Option 3
Rigatoni pasta with red pepper sauce and sundried tomatocream, tossed with fava beans and toasted walnuts
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by temppa

February 2017 BKK-HEL options:

Option 1
Salmon fillet with creamy white wine sauce, fennel stew, roasted celeriac, carrots and parsnip

Option 2
Braised beef with caramelized onion, mashed potatoes and vegetables

Option 3
Grilled cod fillet with black mushroom and ginger sauce, fried rice with egg, bok choi and bell peppers
Actually these options are also offered for a good chunk of January.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Any comments on the new signature menu by Eero Vottonen?
Cannot see the menu on MMB for a flight to SEL in less than 4 weeks...., any idea when it will appear or is there a new menu coming up in April?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Last week I had Finnair business flight to Bangkok and pre-ordered reindeer.
I wasn't impressed at all.
Here you can see food service on that flight.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Few days ago had Finnair business flight from Bangkok.
I recommend grilled cod as a main and potato-spring onion soup as a starter, both were good.
Here is a video about food service.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I gather from the clips that the service was proper business-class service, ie tables set with linen and meal served course by course?
So BKK is not on the list for reduced service, funny.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...nesslight.html
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
I gather from the clips that the service was proper business-class service, ie tables set with linen and meal served course by course?
So BKK is not on the list for reduced service, funny.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...nesslight.html
It never has been, anyway? Full service since always.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah, you are right, I just find the lack of logic funny.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:08 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sakari1707
Any comments on the new signature menu by Eero Vottonen?
Cannot see the menu on MMB for a flight to SEL in less than 4 weeks...., any idea when it will appear or is there a new menu coming up in April?
I assume there's new menu coming soon..checked my JFK flight which is in three weeks and the menu was not yet visible...you can select from options 1/2/3 and the 3 old pre-orders as well but as you cannot see the actual menu not much point yet..
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: AY+, BAEC
As far as I remember, new LH Business menu is coming on next week.. Little bit offtopic, but they are introducing new SH economy menu also: https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/inform...pre-order-meal
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Originally Posted by Niksu
As far as I remember, new LH Business menu is coming on next week.. Little bit offtopic, but they are introducing new SH economy menu also: https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/inform...pre-order-meal
More choice in Y than in J!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
as the menu still not visible on MMB for this Fraidays flt, I had a chat with CS, first I was told no menus will be available to be seen beforehand, they will be handed out onboard the flt. I asked how should I preorder if I do not know availability... Was told to check the meals for design options... I insisted I want to know also onboard offerings, then I was told the current menu is valid until 5.4. (my flt date), but it is not guaranteed it will be that. CS emailed me the current menu, but as it is not sure, it doesn't make sense.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:55 am
Moderator, Finnair

I can see both menu and make choices in my MMB! (Oddly, since I am usually the unlucky one that gets all the bugs).

When I go in to the new dreadful MMB, under the buy addons-section there is one coloured rectangle with text saying "Food only available via internet". Clicking that box will expand the page and reveal the options seen below.

Not sure if being able to see the menu depends on route or timing (or luck). This is on NRT-HEL and T-48. Do note that the menu is well hidden. There is a small text saying "If you want more info follow this link" and only the "this link" part is hyperlinked.

Do also note that there is another link too very close to this one, and that one only links to the generic description of service level.
Attached Images  

Last edited by intuition; Apr 3, 2017 at 1:01 am
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

And here are the current actual Options 1/2/3 on NRT-HEL

Lunch

Option 1
Grilled Spanish mackerel with Japanese pepper, vegetables and steamed rice seasoned with ume

Option 2
Grilled chicken tigh with yuzu soy sauce, simmered taro potato, carrot and mushroom, boiled broccoli and steamed rice with black sesame seeds

Option 3
Tagliatelle zafferano, tomato sauce with olives and broccoli

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.