Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
I'm flying may 29. Last week drop down menu showed option 1/2/3. For the past 2 days those options have not appeared in drop menu. I'm thinking it's a systemwide problem. If I don't see options tomorrow I will call finnair and see if they can enter my choices.

I thought Finland was a web savvy county. Frankly, I'm shocked At how disorganized and unsophisticated is their website. Why can't they just allow you to specifically choose your meal option like American does. Less room for error and you don't have to hunt around for the food options and wonder if you're actually seeing the current choices for your specific flight..
Old May 30, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
I had the Poached pike-perch with new potatoes and butter sauce on my way to NY. While it tasted ok, the portion was so small it was more reminiscent of starter than a main course. It also lacked vegetables. When did this reduction in portion sizes occur? Last timer I flew AY, late last year, the portions seemed normal in size.
Seems like petty cost cutting to me.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Has anyone here experienced problems with their preorders?

I have twice experienced the same problem: I choose Option 1/2/3 on the website, but end up getting a special meal. On today's AY6, they suggested I have a low-lactose meal instead of the regular beef I had preordered. (This turned out to be a good thing because I received my beef and a wonderful small plate of fresh berries instead of the cheese, but still.)

My other experience is from MIA-HEL, where they tried to serve me some terrible vegan stuff, but it worked out OK in the end, too. However, those expensive special meals get wasted and someone else might be left without their choice when they need to rectify my order.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Quick question for the experts. I'm flying to PVG next month. HEL to PVG I'm torn between Option 3 (Pork neck char sieu, oyster sauce and steamed rice) and the Chef's Gourmet Overcooked reindeer entrecote
- Barley risotto
- Porcini
- Roasted artichoke
- Thyme sauce)

Any thoughts on either option (good or bad)?

Cheers all

1F
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The reindeer is very good, but don't let them keep it in the oven too long. When they take the orders, you can in a friendly manner let them know that you wish for it not to be overheated. They know what you're talking about and will pay more attention...

Haven't had the pork so I can't comment on that.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Thanks, ffay005. Reindeer it is then (well, when in Finland ...)

1F
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
When should they post new offerings for this quarter? For almost a month the website has said they will post a week before starting and my flight is in less than a week. Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:01 am

There is plenty of problems with the on-line food pre-order nowadays. You should just contact the customer service and sort it out with them.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fmkgb
When should they post new offerings for this quarter? --.
MEALS DESIGNED FOR YOU

WELLNESS AND ENERGY

Current menu: honey and sesame marinated fried tofu with red rice, almonds and Brussels sprouts.

FOOD LOVER'S TREAT

Current menu: Grilled whitefish with carrot puree, asparagus, poached spinach and zucchini.

CHEF'S GOURMET

Current menu: overcooked reindeer entrecote, barley risotto, porcini, roasted artichoke and thyme sauce.

Please note that orders must be placed latest 24 hours before departure.

PRE-ORDER YOUR MEAL

HARVEST MENU BY SIGNATURE CHEF EERO VOTTONEN

Menu: Marinated mushrooms and Jerusalem artichoke puree, cold smoked duck breast, roasted pumpkin and pumpkin seed cream, crayfish soup with cumin, shrimps and sour cream, and roasted whitefish with stewed buckwheat and cauliflower, or chicken with thyme, celeriac puree and spruce sprout sauce
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka

HARVEST MENU BY SIGNATURE CHEF EERO VOTTONEN

Menu: Marinated mushrooms and Jerusalem artichoke puree, cold smoked duck breast, roasted pumpkin and pumpkin seed cream, crayfish soup with cumin, shrimps and sour cream, and roasted whitefish with stewed buckwheat and cauliflower, or chicken with thyme, celeriac puree and spruce sprout sauce
Is this a new option, or did I missed something. I only ever saw the three other pre-order options + the regular options of the flight.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
CHEF'S GOURMET

Current menu: overcooked reindeer entrecote, barley risotto, porcini, roasted artichoke and thyme sauce.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
The cattle class at 58Ö might get that reindeer overcooked
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Kudos, AY for the possibility to choose the dishes already at this point with 4 weeks to the flight. Usually the menus are not available trough MMB this early.

HEL-MIA

Option 1
Broiled Baltic herring, pickled vegetables, dill butter and mashed potatoes with lemon

Option 2
Finnish Karelian stew with crushed potatoes

Option 3
Chicken breast with leek and apples, potato mash with mustard

MIA-HEL

Option 1
Broiled Baltic herring, pickled vegetables, dill butter and mashed potatoes with lemon

Option 2

Option 3
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Kudos, AY for the possibility to choose the dishes already at this point with 4 weeks to the flight. Usually the menus are not available trough MMB this early.
Thinking of cost of the ingredients needed, these meals could be within the budget of a Y class meal as well.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)

HEL-MIA
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3

MIA-HEL
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
I am a bit puzzled now. Presuming those are the new Chef Vottonen meals but I didn't know they are available as preorder for outstations. As a rule of thumb they are always cateted only for flights ex HEL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.