Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
I was told by the cabin crew that they do have a defined time for heating the reindeer dish. If I recall correctly it was 8 minutes.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Aviating
I was told by the cabin crew that they do have a defined time for heating the reindeer dish. If I recall correctly it was 8 minutes.
Interesting.
I see no reason to question that, but in that case it won´t do much difference to ask CC to heat it for a shorter period as suggested (unless you prefer to eat it cold)
Or could it be that those 8 min were the minimum required to not serve it cold??
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
I think that the problem is that what easily happens is that the dish is heated for an random time if they do not pay attention.

If it is heated for example 20-30 min the prime time for that reindeer is over...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
With all this hype about the reindeer I am looking forward to comparing it to the chewing gum steak that is consistently served on BA.

My options for March HEL-BKK AY89 (will this change as I had read about manage my booking displaying the wrong menus)

Option 1
Grilled sander Grenobloise and potato pure avoured with cod, garlic and thyme
Option 2
Slow cooked reindeer entrecote, roasted celeriac and dark sea buckthorn sauce
Option 3
Ravioli pasta lled with true, Riesling cream sauce and leaf spinach

Food Lover´s Treat
Herb seasoned bratwurst sausages
- Roasted potatoes and onions with fresh tomatoes

Chef´s Gourmet
Roasted fillet of reindeer with ale-cranberry sauce
- Potato gratin
- Grilled vegetables

Wellness and Energy
Grilled chili marinated prawns with cashew nuts
- Jasmine rice
- Fresh vegetables
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:48 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
J L/H menu

Long haul business class menus seem to have disappeared from MMB, or at least for the flights I have taken recently and booked for near future. Only generic special meal selection window opens, with options 1/2/3 and Chef's Gourmet etc, but the actual menu showing what options 1/2/3 actually are is not available there as it used to be.

I asked for it with Finnair chat, but it was totally useless, she didn't even have a clue where to start solving the issue. Finally she sent me mail telling that there will be new menues in April, but that doesn't help much as my next flights will be in March and the current ones for my flights are what I'm interested in. Well, I will find out when onboard.

Has anyone else noticed the same or is it just some flights missing it?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:22 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Long haul business class menus seem to have disappeared from MMB, or at least for the flights I have taken recently and booked for near future. Only generic special meal selection window opens, with options 1/2/3 and Chef's Gourmet etc, but the actual menu showing what options 1/2/3 actually are is not available there as it used to be.

I asked for it with Finnair chat, but it was totally useless, she didn't even have a clue where to start solving the issue. Finally she sent me mail telling that there will be new menues in April, but that doesn't help much as my next flights will be in March and the current ones for my flights are what I'm interested in. Well, I will find out when onboard.

Has anyone else noticed the same or is it just some flights missing it?
I haven't been able to see the menu on MMB for ages now. The link always direct me to special meal options only, and I need to contact AY customer care to find out what the normal meal options in J are.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
with a BA codeshare JFKHEL in a couple of weeks it doesn't even show the special meals, nothing. And yes, I have the AY booking code. And yes, I got the predeparture e-mail "choose your meal now... etc".

If one books a codeshare, you're in trouble with seats, meals and I guess many other things too.

Does anyone have the current menu JFKHEL?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I really enjoyed the Chef Gourmet reindeer dish to ICN last week.

It was perfectly cooked - not tough at all.

When I asked if the crew could warm it for a little longer, the senior crew member cautioned that she did not want to overcook it, but popped it back in the oven for a minute or two.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by sakari1707
If one books a codeshare, you're in trouble with seats, meals and I guess many other things too.
Exactly. Avoid codeshares like the plague.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:19 pm

The HEL - HKG menu works fine for me currently. However, the return leg link gives me only the standard special meals page. I am still expecting the return leg menu to appear before the trip, as has occurred before.

Midnight menu

Option 1

Option 2
Stir fried pork with chili pepper sauce, bok choy and steamed rice

Option 3
Goat cheese and beetroot salad with apple and pine nuts Balsamic-olive oil or Caesar dressing

Option 4
Smoked Jerusalem artichoke soup with crispy bacon and nuts

Plus the HEL departure Food Lover´s Treat, Chef´s Gourmet and Wellness and Energy
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: EB, AY+
Originally Posted by GTR56
Option 1
Option 2
Slow cooked reindeer entrecote, roasted celeriac and dark sea buckthorn sauce
Option 3
Ravioli pasta lled with true, Riesling cream sauce and leaf spinach
On ay95 on sunday we had exactly the same menu printed onboard.
Fish was tasty though.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by pekkav
On ay95 on sunday we had exactly the same menu printed onboard.
Fish was tasty though.
AY89 has the same since a few month, I really don t like the fact that two out of six choices are reindeer, also the three extra choices out of HEL didn t change for years - at least I can see that I had the very same options in June 2011 - and never ever had any other options :-(
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
Exactly. Avoid codeshares like the plague.
Intra-alliance code shares work rather nicely nowadays. You can usually reserve the seat using the shadow PNR, which either magically appears on Finnair.com or is mentioned in the ticket receipt.

Specifically, I've been able to reserve seats online with AY-on-AA, AA-on-AY, BA-on-AY, AA-on-BA, BA-on-AA and QF-on-AY.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Intra-alliance code shares work rather nicely nowadays. You can usually reserve the seat using the shadow PNR, which either magically appears on Finnair.com or is mentioned in the ticket receipt.

Specifically, I've been able to reserve seats online with AY-on-AA, AA-on-AY, BA-on-AY, AA-on-BA, BA-on-AA and QF-on-AY.
There are six pages of different kinds of problems here that we have experienced because we chose a codeshare: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...e-flights.html

The only thing that seems to work reasonably well is OLCI. All the rest – seats, meals, upgrades, boarding passes, whatever, is just a bunch of problems – hit or miss, really. The funny thing is that what works on day 1 might not work on day 2... Sometimes, the hassle is worth it because of the extra points you get if you choose the AY code, sometimes it just isn't.

Last edited by ffay005; Mar 9, 2016 at 11:30 am
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Does anyone knows what s on the menu for tomorrow on AY 89? I can t see the menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.