Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:02 pm

$100 credit received from Amex yesterday for stay last weekend.

Thanks to jerryhung ^
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by haldol
$100 credit received from Amex yesterday for stay last weekend.

Thanks to jerryhung ^
You are very welcome

Your hote room cost was over $500? no gift card or dining?
want to see what appears on the bill

Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
You are very welcome
Your hote room cost was over $500? no gift card or dining?
want to see what appears on the bill
Thanks
[$950 room & dining & parking] - [$100 Fairmont gift card] = $850
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Ok.. Got Banff Springs 3 night stay this weekend. So, got my Amex Gold and Amex Platinum registered. So shall be aiming for at least $500 spend on Amex minimum.

This is how I multiple stacked this weekends' deal..

AAA rate package for 2 nights (lowest available rate to the public for what I can tell), with $50 food and beverage credit.. check one.

Amex $500 spend, receive $100 statement credit.. check two.

Suite Upgrade.. check three

Escape to Willowstream for the last night.. 2 massages, breakfast for two, room, self parking and gratuities for one night.. check four

Purchased 9 Fairmont $100 gift certificates for $719.91 (checking the terms and conditions, indeed 3 $100 certificates can be used per night as opposed to per stay).. check five.

9-10% off coupons for dining included with the Costco package.. check six.

I don't think I've ever stacked these many deals into a long weekend stay before. The rates are jacked up compared to years past.. like severely jacked up. But its going to a super decent stay and looking forward to some R&R.^
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:40 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Please note, if you have not yet registered for this promotion, it is too late and you will not get the credit.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
All of the above offers worked for me over the weekend in Banff (Amex $100 statement credit remains to be seen). There was one surprise, that I received $50 off for food and beverage per night of the AAA/CAA rate. That's $50 more than what I envisioned.

Plus the 9 $100 Costco bucks were redeemed for all three nights, including Escape to Willowstream.

I did throw in a curve ball. I paid $500 to the Amex Business Platinum, and I paid the balance just over $500 on my Amex Gold. So we'll see if both cards produce the $100 statement credit.

I've got one more card registered, but I think that's it for the rest of the year. If both statement credits post, then maybe I'll purchase a $500 gift card on my final registered Amex and see if I get the $100 statement credit.

The stay wasn't cheap as I pumped out just over $1,900 over 3 nights of stay.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Update:

I received 2 seperate e-mails for the two seperate cards I've registered indicating that I would receive $100 statement credit

Both my American Express Cards have been credited $100 each.

The promo works. Now I'm pondering whether to charge the last remaining registered card $500 through another purchase.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
During one of my last stay in a Fairmont I expected a charge of 310$, so I bought a 200$ gift card.
However, they charge me it as a separate transaction on the credit card, even if I asked specifically to charge to the room.
I do have a invoice with a +500$ amount but two charges.
Hope they won't give me bad time to get the credit...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
During one of my last stay in a Fairmont I expected a charge of 310$, so I bought a 200$ gift card.
However, they charge me it as a separate transaction on the credit card, even if I asked specifically to charge to the room.
I do have a invoice with a +500$ amount but two charges.
Hope they won't give me bad time to get the credit...
I purchased a gift card to top up the last $500 segment onto the room bill. My bill was just over $1,000 remaining after applying the Costco 9 x $100 certificates. I paid with one Amex, and then the other Amex. I confirm that I received a statement credit on both Amex cards.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:38 am

I can confirm a gift card purchase works.

Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
I can confirm a gift card purchase works.

Nice.. but now I'm in Florida and didn't purchase the gift card.

I assume that this promo ends by December 31st, 2013.

AMRivlin.. sounds like you signed up for the promo somehow after the initial deadline? Or did you sign up for a few cards, but other cards, you didn't sign up?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:32 pm

I signed up one of 2 possible cards and ran the one as shown in the image.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
I signed up one of 2 possible cards and ran the one as shown in the image.
You mentioned up thread that you were unable to sign up. So I guess you managed to sign up 2 cards after all.

As much as I want to get that last $500 statement credit for $100 deal.. I might just forgo it. I wonder if I can call into Fairmont Palliser to purchase a gift card?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 5:20 pm

That went through quickly. I booked my hotel stay back in October, stayed in November and still haven't seen a credit. It shows up on my Amex bill in October as "RC HOTELS (PTE) LTD-CRE SINGAPORE" rather than Fairmont (although I booked it directly through Fairmont). Has anybody else managed to get credit with a charge like this or from the Fairmont in Singapore?

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk
It shows up on my Amex bill in October as "RC HOTELS (PTE) LTD-CRE SINGAPORE" rather than Fairmont (although I booked it directly through Fairmont). Has anybody else managed to get credit with a charge like this or from the Fairmont in Singapore?

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Based on the terms, only North American Properties were participating.
http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/findyourfairmont/

Mexico, Canada, USA, Bermuda, Barbados

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.