Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
So I bought my $500 gift card for a 3 night stay at Fairmont SIN (which was last week), 1 free night, 2 revenue nights. I was home for less than 24 hrs between my HNL trip and my SIN trip and did the unthinkable. Forgot to bring my gift card with me!

I called the Fairmont Plat line from BOS and asked if I would be able to pay for my room with a virtual gift card (i.e. just have someone send me the card number via email) or whether I had to have the physical card with me. Agent checked then came back and said I would need the physical card. Asked if I might be able to pay with my credit card, then go to a Fairmont property (Royal York?) to have the transaction reversed from the credit card and moved to the gift card. Once again I was told no. Since I have no other planned Fairmont stays in the near future, this was very distressing!

Checked in to the Fairmont SIN, and asked the ever helpful concierge on the Gold Floor if I might be able to pay with just my gift card number, and I was told yes! Hallelujah! Ariane processed my payment while I was having breakfast with no issues. Ended up costing me about C$360 for 2 nights if you take into account the 20% Amex discount. ^

Love, love, love the Fairmont SIN. Such a classy place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.