Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

So many AMEX promotions recently & improved bonuses

I got the offer on my existing AMEX Gold card again (same as the Spend $150 at AC, Spend $150 at some stores, get $125 credit)

http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/findyourfairmont/

Canadian American Express Cardmembers who have been invited and registered their eligible card online, and who book and stay at a participating Fairmont hotel or resort by December 31, 2013, can now take credit. Spend $500 or more and receive a $100 credit on your American Express statement. And we're not talking about a hotel credit... that's a $100 American Express credit! And that's a statement you won't soon forget.

Choose a participating destination to book online, call your preferred travel professional or call 1 (800) 257-7544 (North America). For a full list of phone numbers, click here.
Email body
When you stay at a participating Fairmont hotel or resort property between October 3, 2013 and December 31, 2013 and spend $500 (CAD) or more, (after taxes) on qualifying purchases with your registered American Express Card®, you can earn a $100 (CAD) statement credit†.

Follow these three steps to be eligible to earn a $100 (CAD) statement credit from American Express.

Step 1 – Click here to register your eligible Consumer or Small Business American Express Card. You must register by November 4, 2013 to be eligible for the offer. Purchases made at a Fairmont hotel or resort property during the offer period prior to registration are not qualifying purchases for this offer.

Step 2 – Book your stay at a participating Fairmont hotel or resort property by December 31, 2013. To view the list of participating Fairmont hotel or resort properties and to book your stay click here.

Step 3 – Charge $500 (CAD) or more (after taxes) in qualifying purchases to your registered Card between October 3, 2013 and December 31, 2013 on a stay at a participating Fairmont Hotels & Resorts property. Qualifying purchases include the room cost and any charges billed directly to the room.

From a weekend jaunt to an epic journey, see how American Express can take you further than you ever expected.

Last edited by jerryhung; Oct 14, 2013 at 7:04 pm
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Great promotion if you are able to find a nice low qualifying rate. I checked my date for the Springs, and my CAA/AAA rate (with $50 credit per stay) was not included on eligible rates for the Amex promo. Plus the prices were about double on the qualifying Amex rates.

I'll give JPL a try for the following weekend as well.

Edit: JPL and the Amex qualifying rate is much higher than the $100 difference I could find. When booking the promotion, check for Alberta Resident Rate and CAA/AAA rate, as it could be a greater savings.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Great promotion if you are able to find a nice low qualifying rate. I checked my date for the Springs, and my CAA/AAA rate (with $50 credit per stay) was not included on eligible rates for the Amex promo. Plus the prices were about double on the qualifying Amex rates.
From the T&C:
Qualifying purchases for this offer: To be eligible for a $100 (CAD) statement credit, a purchase of $500 (CAD) or more must be made at a participating Fairmont Hotels & Resorts property during the offer period and charged to the registered Card. Qualifying purchases include room cost and any charges billed directly to the room.

I may have missed it but I don't see anything about "qualifying rates." As long as a charge of more than $500 from a participating Fairmont shows up on your Amex statement, you should be good to go.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by laner
From the T&C:
Qualifying purchases for this offer: To be eligible for a $100 (CAD) statement credit, a purchase of $500 (CAD) or more must be made at a participating Fairmont Hotels & Resorts property during the offer period and charged to the registered Card. Qualifying purchases include room cost and any charges billed directly to the room.

I may have missed it but I don't see anything about "qualifying rates." As long as a charge of more than $500 from a participating Fairmont shows up on your Amex statement, you should be good to go.
I don't see anything about targeted promos neither.. Just misunderstood qualifying rates stated on the email.. So I signed up my gold Amex on the promo just in case and ill charge my upcoming Banff Springs stay onto Amex and see what happens. Sounds from the message I received after signing up, just charge $500 and receive the $100 statement credit. It's as easy as that.

I've got 5 Amex cards between my wife and I. I may try another stay at Jasper Park Lodge.. So. Ill sign up my wife's gold Amex and see if we can shake another one of these discounts off the tree.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Oct 4, 2013 at 12:25 pm
Old Oct 4, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I think any rate qualifies. Even if you spend 500$ in a Fairmont restaurant it should work.
Got the offer with my Amex Plat.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Ha, I even wonder if $500 GIFT CARD purchase qualifies, not that I'm interested in trying
Old Oct 4, 2013, 7:25 pm

Thanks! Will be at Fairmont Tremblant next week

Why do I see this offer only here?...
Old Oct 4, 2013, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Ha, I even wonder if $500 GIFT CARD purchase qualifies, not that I'm interested in trying
Somehow they'll track stays.

Interesting, I signed up on my gold Amex and the Plat email for the offer shows up in my inbox this afternoon. I'm wondering if it'll work to sign up on all of our 5 Amexes and do a mattress run.

Just got booked gold floor at BSH and into a suite. I can see this promo getting addicting.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
I have an upcoming stay at the Fairmont Waterfront. 1 free and 1 paid night. Consequently, far from $500.

Would it work to spend whatever is to be spent on the room charge and then add a gift card upon check out to reach $500?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 9:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vaclav
I have an upcoming stay at the Fairmont Waterfront. 1 free and 1 paid night. Consequently, far from $500.

Would it work to spend whatever is to be spent on the room charge and then add a gift card upon check out to reach $500?
The T&C states whatever charges on the room shall be included. The charge to Amex is not broken down based on my experience. So it should work.

If you want to be absolutely sure, you can contact Amex directly since its their promotion.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
If you are able to buy GC and charge them to room, it should be ok.
Not sure the hotel will let you do that, however.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:18 pm

Was thinking of hitting up Fairmont Tremblant in December - decent incentive.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by brightaxis
Was thinking of hitting up Fairmont Tremblant in December - decent incentive.
Welcome to Flyertalk! There is a wealth of information to benefit from.. enjoy!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
Fairmont has gift cards? They have gift cards for sale at their properties?

Interesting...
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Welcome to Flyertalk! There is a wealth of information to benefit from.. enjoy!
This website is like a hidden gem of information - so much to read thru - thanks for the warm welcome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.