Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by roubaolic
Fairmont has gift cards? They have gift cards for sale at their properties?

Interesting...
Yes, GCs can be purchased at the Fairmont properties and on the Fairmont website.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I think any rate qualifies. Even if you spend 500$ in a Fairmont restaurant it should work.
Got the offer with my Amex Plat.
Wonder if I just do one stay and buy 4 $500 gift cards at a Fairmont using 4 different Amex's, would I get $400 statement credits?

I don't have 4 Fairmont stays but I can pull one stay at SIN.

AFAIK, Amex just needs to have a $500 charge at a Fairmont property to qualify for the statement credit.

Then I don't even have to stay at a Fairmont. Just go to a Fairmont and buy giftcard worth $500 would do.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Wonder if I just do one stay and buy 4 $500 gift cards at a Fairmont using 4 different Amex's, would I get $400 statement credits?

I don't have 4 Fairmont stays but I can pull one stay at SIN.

AFAIK, Amex just needs to have a $500 charge at a Fairmont property to qualify for the statement credit.

Then I don't even have to stay at a Fairmont. Just go to a Fairmont and buy giftcard worth $500 would do.
Sounds like it. But then what if Amex can really track stays on the cc? Then you'll be out $300.

I think I'll register 3 cards or something and try a stay on each of the cards. I think for sure 2 stays.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Sounds like it. But then what if Amex can really track stays on the cc? Then you'll be out $300.

I think I'll register 3 cards or something and try a stay on each of the cards. I think for sure 2 stays.
Not much to lose really, if they declined the rebates, we can always use them at our future Fairmont stays! Just some interest for the $2000 paid to them in advance.

Now maybe I shall just make a trip to Royal York when we're in downtown Toronto and buy 4 $500 gift cards with 4 different Amex's. And see what happens! I'd rather stay at somewhere other than Fairmont SIN.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Not much to lose really, if they declined the rebates, we can always use them at our future Fairmont stays! Just some interest for the $2000 paid to them in advance.

Now maybe I shall just make a trip to Royal York when we're in downtown Toronto and buy 4 $500 gift cards with 4 different Amex's. And see what happens! I'd rather stay at somewhere other than Fairmont SIN.
Reading terms and conditions, its per card, not per Amex member so should work. I signed up another 2 cards this morning, but I can't see myself using Fairmont any more than 2 stays for the balance of the year. We have a 22 night trip to Florida coming up in December. Maybe perhaps I can squeeze another weekend in somewhere.. but I don't want to stay, unless I know we've got a suite.. Its all about room and space when the kids travel with us.

But anyways, this is a good deal.. and seems to work with any rate. So a true additional $100 off accross the board.^
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:08 pm

Reading terms and conditions, its per card, not per Amex member so should work. I signed up another 2 cards this morning, but I can't see myself using Fairmont any more than 2 stays for the balance of the year. We have a 22 night trip to Florida coming up in December. Maybe perhaps I can squeeze another weekend in somewhere.. but I don't want to stay, unless I know we've got a suite.. Its all about room and space when the kids travel with us.

But anyways, this is a good deal.. and seems to work with any rate. So a true additional $100 off accross the board.^
Break the stays up. Or just use 2 separate Amex's to settle the bill at the end of the stays. Just make sure each bill is over $500.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Break the stays up. Or just use 2 separate Amex's to settle the bill at the end of the stays. Just make sure each bill is over $500.
Great...

I walk into Costco and the Banff Spring Certificates are out.. You get $100 gift certificate for the price of $79.99, a 10% off coupon for f&b, and a 10% off for the Willowstream spa..

How am I going to do this? Any ideas?

I think for sure I'll buy the Costco denominations and pay the balance with the certificates. I may just have to purchase a gift card and stick it on the bill. Am I on the right track? I don't think my bill will be too much over $500, probably around $800?@:-)

All the golf apparel is on sale..

Hey, I've got an idea.. purchase a set of golf clubs and stick it on the bill. I tried out the Pings metal shaft and really liked it. I tried the Taylor Made Driver.. The golf pro let me try out all of these golf clubs last week for my round at the Springs. The golf pro shop will probably closed for the season by then, but the golf shop outside of BVG will probably have a big sale blowing out all the merchandise.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 10:57 am

i wonder if you can stack virtuoso/amex fhr rates with these...
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yerffej201
i wonder if you can stack virtuoso/amex fhr rates with these...
Any rate and package will work.. Just as long as you settle the bill with a registered Amex card. You must register the Amex card you're going to pay with by the promo deadline, otherwise you won't get the statement credit.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I walk into Costco and the Banff Spring Certificates are out.. You get $100 gift certificate for the price of $79.99, a 10% off coupon for f&b, and a 10% off for the Willowstream spa..
Seriously? Costco is selling a $100 gift cert for the BSH for $80? Are there any restrictions? Do they have any certificates for other properties?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Seriously? Costco is selling a $100 gift cert for the BSH for $80? Are there any restrictions? Do they have any certificates for other properties?
I used the certs last year. The restrictions are 3 certificates per night on the actual certificate. Note that the card board marketing when you take it to cashier says 3 per stay, but when I purchased these certificates last year I bought 20 certificates for a six night stay, and the hotel took 18 certificates and I ended up returning 2.

You also get10% off food certificates and 10% off spa certificate with each $100 certificate.

Anyone able to buy a Fairmont gift card on the room yet? I'm planning to buy six certificates for our 2 night stay but need to buy enough to register $500 for the Amex promo. Would have been nice that if Escape to Willowstream was available that weekend. Last we checked it wasn't offered . Otherwise for sure I can get a $500 bill after applying 6x$100 certificates and still be able to take advantage if the $100 statement credit.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I used the certs last year. The restrictions are 3 certificates per night on the actual certificate. Note that the card board marketing when you take it to cashier says 3 per stay, but when I purchased these certificates last year I bought 20 certificates for a six night stay, and the hotel took 18 certificates and I ended up returning 2.

You also get10% off food certificates and 10% off spa certificate with each $100 certificate.

Anyone able to buy a Fairmont gift card on the room yet? I'm planning to buy six certificates for our 2 night stay but need to buy enough to register $500 for the Amex promo. Would have been nice that if Escape to Willowstream was available that weekend. Last we checked it wasn't offered . Otherwise for sure I can get a $500 bill after applying 6x$100 certificates and still be able to take advantage if the $100 statement credit.
I just saw those Fairmont gift cards at Costco yesterday. I just bought one thinking that I could use it on my next stay in a few weeks as I wanted to still take advantage of the above mentioned promo in this thread re: $500 spend as I'm booked on the Escape to Willowstream package, however, the T&Cs on the back state that the certificate can only be used for "room rate only" which I think would preclude any packages. I'm happy I noticed this as I was going to buy another another 5 certs for another stay under the same package before Christmas.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by habshabs444
I just saw those Fairmont gift cards at Costco yesterday. I just bought one thinking that I could use it on my next stay in a few weeks as I wanted to still take advantage of the above mentioned promo in this thread re: $500 spend as I'm booked on the Escape to Willowstream package, however, the T&Cs on the back state that the certificate can only be used for "room rate only" which I think would preclude any packages. I'm happy I noticed this as I was going to buy another another 5 certs for another stay under the same package before Christmas.
I wondered about this as well, so I brought the 20 certificates purchased at Costco last year for a January 1 to 7th stay, and presented it to the front desk at the Banff Springs at check-in.. They took 18 certificates (3 max per night) as mentioned up thread. I had booked two nights at Escape to Willowstream Package, a couple nights at the Alberta Value Package, and the balance of nights on another rate. Although some nights were just a couple of hundred bucks, they took the max 3 per night.

I returned two certificates to Costco. So if you purchase 6 certificates, and can only use 4, you can always return the 2 remaining ones, and so forth.

YMMV, but should work for packages, not just room rates. I would purchase the certificates and present to front desk at check-in. You can always return the certificates to Costco.. Costco has an anytime return policy on these type of items.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:15 pm

I wondered about this as well, so I brought the 20 certificates purchased at Costco last year for a January 1 to 7th stay, and presented it to the front desk at the Banff Springs at check-in.. They took 18 certificates (3 max per night) as mentioned up thread. I had booked two nights at Escape to Willowstream Package, a couple nights at the Alberta Value Package, and the balance of nights on another rate. Although some nights were just a couple of hundred bucks, they took the max 3 per night.

I returned two certificates to Costco. So if you purchase 6 certificates, and can only use 4, you can always return the 2 remaining ones, and so forth.

YMMV, but should work for packages, not just room rates. I would purchase the certificates and present to front desk at check-in. You can always return the certificates to Costco.. Costco has an anytime return policy on these type of items.
do you have a pic of the gift cards? don't think i've ever seen ones in my local costcos. but then of course i'm in vancouver...
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yerffej201
do you have a pic of the gift cards? don't think i've ever seen ones in my local costcos. but then of course i'm in vancouver...
Haven't purchased the latest series yet.

Even if I have, I don't know how to post pics on FT yet.

The gift certificates are sold at Alberta Costcos as I've seen them in Edmonton as well as Calgary. If flying in, just stop at a Costco on Glemore or Stoney Trail (Beacon Hills) on the way out. Business hours during weekdays are 10 am to 8:30 pm and weekends 10 am to around 5 or 6 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.