Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I believe the number of points earnt is displayed on the Chase site, not the Fairmont site, as Fairmont FPC is not a points-based program. The reward chart should also be on the Fairmont Chase CC site.
that is correct login to your chase account and click show reward details it will show you the points you have.
Old May 6, 2013, 9:04 am

My wife and I are beginning to plan a Hawaii vacation in early-to-mid July 2014. Neither of us has this card yet. We are thinking we could apply for the card and use it to get 6 free nights at Kea Lani on Maui. Here’s the strategy. Would this work? Any holes in the plan? Any thoughts to make it even better?

1. Wife and I each apply for the Fairmont card on June 1, 2013.
2. Complete $1000 spend around mid-August 2013.
3. Receive certificates for 4 free nights with breakfast for 2 each night shortly after completing $1000 spend. These certs will be valid for 12 months, thus covering our trip
4. Shortly after receiving these certificates, make reservations for July 2014 stay – 3 nights in each name – 2 nights using free certs and 1 refundable revenue night. Link the two reservations.
5. With Premier status, receive $100 dining certificates, good at any Fairmont hotel restaurant, even without a stay, valid thru February 2014.
6. In 2014, receive another $100 dining certificates, valid thru February 2015, thus covering our trip.
7. Put a total of $12,000 on each card before its anniversary date in 2014.
8. On the cards’ anniversary dates in June 2014, receive certificates for 2 free nights.
9. Call Fairmont Reservations and ask them to apply these 2 free night certs to the revenue nights booked in step 4.
10. Go to Maui and enjoy!

Thoughts and comments welcomed.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:33 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

@YourNameHere: This would work, you just have to book into "Fairmont" room category to utilize the certificates.

Even if you end up paying cash for 1-2 nights, this is a nice way to enjoy Maui or Kona (if maui is sold out)
Old May 6, 2013, 10:51 am

Some thoughts, I'm not too familiar with the Fairmont program, but I stayed at the Kea Lani a year ago and am doing something similar for Feb.

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
3. Receive certificates for 4 free nights with breakfast for 2 each night shortly after completing $1000 spend. These certs will be valid for 12 months, thus covering our trip
"Free" breakfast is actually $25/person each day. This will not cover the Kea Lani buffet. I think it was ~$72 with gratuity/tax for two.

4. Shortly after receiving these certificates, make reservations for July 2014 stay – 3 nights in each name – 2 nights using free certs and 1 refundable revenue night. Link the two reservations.
Your certs will be valid 1 yr from very close to the date your $1000 spend is hit. i.e. apply 1/10/13, hit spend 1/26/13, your certs will be valid until 1/26/14. No sure if you that's the book-by or stay-by date.

5. With Premier status, receive $100 dining certificates, good at any Fairmont hotel restaurant, even without a stay, valid thru February 2014.
6. In 2014, receive another $100 dining certificates, valid thru February 2015, thus covering our trip.
Yes, you should have $100 to spend on-site. They're not valid at Nick's Fish Market (independent from hotel, but on-property).

7. Put a total of $12,000 on each card before its anniversary date in 2014.
8. On the cards’ anniversary dates in June 2014, receive certificates for 2 free nights.
9. Call Fairmont Reservations and ask them to apply these 2 free night certs to the revenue nights booked in step 4.
Releasing the revenue night is no guarantee that the award space will appear. You do take some risk, but I'm not familiar enough with the property.
EDIT: not true with Fairmont free night certs. See Jasper's response below.

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
@YourNameHere: This would work, you just have to book into "Fairmont" room category to utilize the certificates.
FWIW I booked last week and the Visa free night certs booked into Mountain View, then I used the "Complimentary Room Upgrade" to book into Garden.
I'm not sure about the $12k/annual cert.

Last edited by tjbrooks; May 9, 2013 at 4:53 pm
Old May 6, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Your certs will be valid 1 yr from very close to the date your $1000 spend is hit. i.e. apply 1/10/13, hit spend 1/26/13, your certs will be valid until 1/26/14. No sure if you that's the book-by or stay-by date.
It is "stay by", therefore the OP may be cutting it pretty close trying to use all certs during the same stay, but even if he can only use 4 free night certs, itŽs an amazing value.

Releasing the revenue night is no guarantee that the award space will appear. You do take some risk, but I'm not familiar enough with the property.
As long as the OP book the Fairmont room category and the date isnŽt blacked out for cert redemption, thereŽs absolutely no problem applying the free night cert later. Free night certs can be applied anytime between booking and day of arrival. (Capacity controls only exist at the Plaza and the Savoy)

FWIW I booked last week and the Visa free night certs booked into Mountain View, then I used the "Complimentary Room Upgrade" to book into Garden.
I'm not sure about the $12k/annual cert.
In that case you were very lucky ss the hotel usually only accepts suite upgrade certs to upgrade to be a better suite and not room upgrade certs.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:32 pm

Thank you all for your replies. Makes me confident to go ahead with my strategy.

One point I still need confirmation on:
As I understand it, as soon as we are approved for the card in early June, we will be given Premier status and a total of 4 x $25 dining certificates that will expire in February 2014. Can we use these certificates at a Fairmont Hotel restaurant, even though we are not staying overnight at that hotel? We are going to Vancouver later this summer, and would love to be able to use these certs for a nice dinner there. Can all 4 certs be applied against one check for two people?
Old May 6, 2013, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. Makes me confident to go ahead with my strategy.

One point I still need confirmation on:
As I understand it, as soon as we are approved for the card in early June, we will be given Premier status and a total of 4 x $25 dining certificates that will expire in February 2014. Can we use these certificates at a Fairmont Hotel restaurant, even though we are not staying overnight at that hotel? We are going to Vancouver later this summer, and would love to be able to use these certs for a nice dinner there. Can all 4 certs be applied against one check for two people?
Not quite. As a Premier member youŽll get two $25 dining certs (youŽll get four $25 breakfast certs from the CC sign-up bonus), and yes, you should be able to redeem those when not staying at the hotel, though this is not explicitely discussed in the T&C and it may be slightly more complicated depending on whether the restaurants has access to your FPC profile.
Old May 6, 2013, 1:08 pm

Not quite. As a Premier member youŽll get two $25 dining certs (youŽll get four $25 breakfast certs from the CC sign-up bonus), and yes, you should be able to redeem those when not staying at the hotel, though this is not explicitely discussed in the T&C and it may be slightly more complicated depending on whether the restaurants has access to your FPC profile.
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear in my question. Since both my wife and I will apply for the card, assuming we're both approved, we should each get 2 x $25 dining certs shortly after account approval, for a total of 4 x $25, right?

Thanks for your help. It's very much appreciated. Now we can look forward to a nice dinner in Vancouver courtesy of Fairmont as well as a great stay in Maui next Summer!
Old May 6, 2013, 1:14 pm

Is this (free stuff) it, or do you plan on starting to frequent Fairmonts more regularly?

I like your plan, hope it works out for you!
Old May 6, 2013, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear in my question. Since both my wife and I will apply for the card, assuming we're both approved, we should each get 2 x $25 dining certs shortly after account approval, for a total of 4 x $25, right?

Thanks for your help. It's very much appreciated. Now we can look forward to a nice dinner in Vancouver courtesy of Fairmont as well as a great stay in Maui next Summer!
Yes, 2 people with Premier status = 4x $25 dining certs. As mentioned above, redeeming dining certs when not staying at the hotel can be a bit of a challange at some restaurants due to technical limitations, but what you plan should be possible.
Old May 6, 2013, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Is this (free stuff) it, or do you plan on starting to frequent Fairmonts more regularly?

I like your plan, hope it works out for you!
It's not exactly free. 2 Visas for a minimum of 2 years each at $95 per card per year = at least $380 in annual fees. Don't know how much, if anything, Fairmont gets out of that though.

I'm sure we'll ring up a couple of extras on our bill during our stay.

Never stayed at a Fairmont before. Seems to me this is an excellent way for Fairmont to impress and win new customers who will come back later and pay.

Finally, thank you. We like it too!
Old May 7, 2013, 1:35 pm
Original Member

How far out should one book (Visa free stay)

Is this a case of the sooner the better or should there be good availability with maybe a month notice? I thought I had my dates set but now am not sure. Will be using the 2 Visa free nights certs in Banff in Sept or Oct.

Just curious what others have come across when booking sort of last minute.

Thanks.
Old May 7, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by birdyy
Is this a case of the sooner the better or should there be good availability with maybe a month notice? I thought I had my dates set but now am not sure. Will be using the 2 Visa free nights certs in Banff in Sept or Oct.

Just curious what others have come across when booking sort of last minute.

Thanks.
The only two restrictions to youŽll need to consider when using a free night cert are:

1) the dates must not be blacked out
2) a Fairmont room needs to available

You can apply the free night cert anytime between making the booking and checking in as long the two criteria are fulfilled.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:15 pm
Original Member

The only two restrictions to youŽll need to consider when using a free night cert are:

1) the dates must not be blacked out
2) a Fairmont room needs to available

You can apply the free night cert anytime between making the booking and checking in as long the two criteria are fulfilled.
Thanks for the info.
Old May 8, 2013, 6:25 pm

I just got the card today. Does anyone have any information on the 2 Lounge Club visits that come with the card?

I called the number on the back of the card & the rep said to sign up at loungeclub.com/fairmont with the code "fairmont" but that link doesn't seem to be working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.