Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:06 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sadly the T&C of Uber Germany are only available in German: https://www.uber.com/legal/de/docume...ermany&lang=de

But it is very clear: all Uber Germany does (and is allowed to do by court order) is arrange/broker a deal between the app user and a 'transportation service provider'. What the latter does or doesn't do is between the user and the provider. They clearly say that in section 6.
Brokering a transaction doesn't exclude the ability of the broker to make and apply requirements upon the parties with which it is involved in brokering a transaction.
Adam1222 and mikex163 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Who is the ghost writer, he/she deserves a bonus!

OMG: Singapore Airlines Will Turn A380 Into Restaurant - One Mile at a Time
Singapore Airlines Turns Airbus A380 Into a Restaurant And Offers Home Meal Delivery

Not even trying anymore to make it look like they wrote it, SAD!
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
It is really getting absurd now...

British Airways Says They Can Now Close Your Mileage Account If You Criticize Them - View From The Wing

British Airways Threatens Those Who Criticize The Airline - One Mile at a Time

Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by gpapadop
It is really getting absurd now...

British Airways Says They Can Now Close Your Mileage Account If You Criticize Them - View From The Wing

British Airways Threatens Those Who Criticize The Airline - One Mile at a Time

When was that posted in Feedly? My story, which this copies, went up at 5am BST so midnight Eastern. After 11 hours both posts appear at the same time?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It does seem OMAAT cannibalises a lot of content from other blogs...hardly any of the website is original content except mask etiquette monologues..
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by labdoctor
It does seem OMAAT cannibalises a lot of content from other blogs...hardly any of the website is original content except mask etiquette monologues..
I think most of the credit card companies, hotel companies, and airline companies frequently send the same marketing materials to multiple bloggers. If you see five stories on a change American is making or a new great Hyatt promotion, it's not because one blogger "cannibalised" it from another blogger, but because the same PR person sent it toa ll of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if whoever sent this story to one blogger sent it to many, or maybe Boarding Area which insists it has nothing to do with content ... provides content.

Ben still is posting original trip reports so it seems odd to say he doesn't post original content. But as a long time Ben critic, I'm happy to see him share experiences about the state of mask usage in travel. Flyertalk constantly reminds me that many people are over the pandemic and expect the travel industry to be over it too, so I'm glad someone isn't
GUWonder and zeer0 like this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 6:43 am

I don't think the BA PR press machine pushed out a memo to all the aviation blogs saying Exec Club members are at risk of losing their miles and status if they bad mouth the company.

I similarly notice an article appear on HfP and then later that day a similarly worded one appears on OMAAT...

OMAAT excels in people shaming and gossip though....and extreme passive aggressiveness.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:06 am

I don't think the BA PR press machine pushed out a memo to all the aviation blogs saying Exec Club members are at risk of losing their miles and status if they bad mouth the company.

I similarly notice an article appear on HfP and then later that day a similarly worded one appears on OMAAT...

OMAAT excels in people shaming and gossip though....and extreme passive aggressiveness.
Seems like you are ignoring all but one line in my post. Not sure how commenting on failures to abide by mask policies without names or photos is "people shaming and gossip", nor is it "passive aggressive." Asking a Uber driver to wear a mask certainly isn't "passive aggressive."
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:29 am

I'm talking about his blog in general. OMAAT usually reports on passenger behaviour on flights Ben has travelled on... Nearly always from a shaming perspective.

Then there are his gripes about cabin crew on foreign carriers. One time he ranted about Chinese crew not taking empty plates away until he finished his meal...

Then there are the gossip stories. One time he published an article about a murder in a Hong Kong hotel and went on a ramble about what a hotel would do with such a room afterwards...
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:31 am

For passive aggressiveness, see Ben's responses to any comment which is even slightly critical of any article on his blog.

Then there are the wildly political comments he seems to attract...
cruisr likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 2:23 pm

For passive aggressiveness, see Ben's responses to any comment which is even slightly critical of any article on his blog.

Then there are the wildly political comments he seems to attract...
Seems a direct response to someone ...isn't "passive aggressive"? Perhaps you mean "defensive"?

​​​​​​I'm also not sure what the "wildly political comments" he attracts are. I'd say your suggestions about "mask etiquette" are "wildly political." But travel is political, especially during a pandemic. Other bloggers have far more political content, such as one libertarian blogger. This comment also makes no sense if you say he has no original content. If his content is all "cannibalised" from other blogs (malapropism yours), why would he have different political responses?

​​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Sep 30, 2020, 2:36 pm

Did I say "all" of his content is cannibalised from other blogs?

There are other issues. Ben supposedly supports diversity, except when it comes to selecting writers for his team. He seems to have a penchant for....eye candy...shall we say? I suppose the less said about James leaving the better...

Last edited by labdoctor; Sep 30, 2020 at 2:41 pm
Old Sep 30, 2020, 2:46 pm

Did I say "all" of his content is cannibalised from other blogs?

There are other issues. Ben supposedly supports diversity, except when it comes to selecting writers for his team. He seems to have a penchant for....eye candy...shall we say? I suppose the less said about James leaving the better...
No, you said "hardly any of the website is original content except mask etiquette monologues", and then proceeded to launch seriatim criticism of original content that has nothing to do with reporting on disregard for health and safety protocols during a pandemic.

The criticism of diversity in hiring doesnt make a lot of sense when this blog, as opposed to others, has very few credited writers other than Ben.

I'm not going to blame Ben for this second "wildly political" comment from you.

Out of curiosity, what has piqued your sudden interest in this blog after barely any posts on Flyertalk?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 2:57 pm

Take a look at the glorious comments to this article...No moderation there whatsoever...

www.onemileatatime.com/virgin-atlantic-pakistan
Old Sep 30, 2020, 3:00 pm

Erm...Ben has hired several writers before... None of whom have really stayed except for Tiffany.... And they were all white.

Speaks volumes really... especially when you consider the rumours surrounding James' departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.