Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2021, 3:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I don't think the OMAAT crew is posting more affiliate things than usual, the lack of trip reports and commentary on travel news has significatly distorted the ratio and makes the front page look like a CC selling site
zeer0 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I don't think the OMAAT crew is posting more affiliate things than usual, the lack of trip reports and commentary on travel news has significatly distorted the ratio and makes the front page look like a CC selling site
Do you mean to imply that it wasn't that befre?!
Old Feb 10, 2021, 3:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Well, the fig leaf that makes it look like a travel blog is getting smaller
GUWonder, Xyzzy and bman1002 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 8:12 am

Still another "headline" Brex post today. Interesting that no other blogger is pumping it.

Last edited by JetAway; Feb 13, 2021 at 8:14 am Reason: Add commentary.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 8:22 am

OMAAT 'exclusive' Its going away faaaast, so sign up today!
zeer0 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 1:39 pm

Forget the bonuses they're offering. I sent them several thousand in cash. EVERY single foreign transaction has been rejected. So awesome to be sitting at a dinner and have your card declined. It's nothing but excuses. They want me to call in advance and whitelist for every charge I make? Are you kidding me? And closing my account is nothing but hoops. Tying up my money with no way to use it. Blame OMAAT for the referral.

Last edited by saaveraward; Feb 16, 2021 at 9:20 pm
Old Feb 16, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Forget the bonuses they're offering. I sent them several thousand in cash. EVERY single foreign transaction has been rejected. So awesome to be sitting at a dinner and have your card declined. It's nothing but excuses. They want me to call in advance and whitelist for every charge I make? Are you kidding me? And closing my account is nothing but hoops. These guys can go to hell. Tying up my money with no way to use it. Blame OMAAT for the referral.
It's interesting- one criticism that I've often gotten on this board when discussing deceptive practices by TPG and other marketing blogs is that no one on FT would ever be misled or make a bad decision based on a blog post without independent investigation. But it seems here that's what happened. Perhaps the new CFPB will regulate these posts more.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
It's interesting- one criticism that I've often gotten on this board when discussing deceptive practices by TPG and other marketing blogs is that no one on FT would ever be misled or make a bad decision based on a blog post without independent investigation. But it seems here that's what happened. Perhaps the new CFPB will regulate these posts more.
I called BREX I'm advance with a travel alert. What independent investigation would you have liked me to pursue?
Old Feb 17, 2021, 4:51 am

I called BREX I'm advance with a travel alert. What independent investigation would you have liked me to pursue?
It wasn't a criticism of you. Just noting that even a savvy user claims to have been misled by a blogger.
​​​​
Old Feb 17, 2021, 7:14 am

Until

It wasn't a criticism of you. Just noting that even a savvy user claims to have been misled by a blogger.
​​​​
Until I'm informed otherwise, brex has stolen my money. locked account because God forbid, I tried to use it.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:14 am

Until I'm informed otherwise, brex has stolen my money. locked account because God forbid, I tried to use it.
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope they provide you relief.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:31 am

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope they provide you relief.
Well now they claim the card is disabled but I have access to my money. I said email me and put it in writing. Silence
Old Feb 17, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Well now they claim the card is disabled but I have access to my money. I said email me and put it in writing. Silence
I think Ben et al are acting as Brex customer service agents these days, judging by their speedy responses to Brex questions, so might be an idea to tell him.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by labdoctor
I think Ben et al are acting as Brex customer service agents these days, judging by their speedy responses to Brex questions, so might be an idea to tell him.
I pinged Ask Lucky which did not get posted, nor illicit a reply. Great job prostituting brex to the high-end travel community when the company can't execute a foreign transaction.
24.05.2004 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by labdoctor
I think Ben et al are acting as Brex customer service agents these days,
I would agree. And in doing so, they (he) are assuming some level of responsibility (liability?) for issues and problems BREX customers are experiencing. What he's doing goes far beyond posting newsworthy or useful information. He's essentially marketing the product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.