Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Facing each other or not, cab drivers and their passengers are sitting in a confined space in taxis and that close confinement increases the odds of getting hit by this virus and getting hit worse by this virus. It's no coincidence that there are various places in the world where taxi cab drivers are heavily over-represented in the ranks of those who have been hospitalized with Covid-19 (or worse). Taxi drivers and their passengers would both be safer from this virus when all occupants of a vehicle are masked and the windows of the vehicle remain open for the duration of being in the vehicle. The OMAAT blogger making an issue about the masks may just happen to protect the health and well-being of not only the passengers of a taxi but also the taxi drivers; and a taxi driver wearing a mask may even help the taxi driver to get or retain business that the taxi driver may not have otherwise get.
Pity that Ben and his husband wore those valve face masks during the first stage of their unnecessary Turkey trip...

My beef with Ben is how he reports on gutter-press stories and is, at many times, totally tone deaf to sensitivities, ethics and public feeling. He writes articles without properly researching...rambles on about topics which are out of his depth and he can't bear to hear any criticism. He strikes me as someone who wouldn't tell you what he thinks about you in person, but would gladly share everything in writing...and he is not even a good writer to be honest...

​​​​​
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:28 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond

Southwest Airlines Tries To Kick Off Woman For “Lewd” Outfit

Clickbait Barf!
Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop

Southwest Airlines Tries To Kick Off Woman For “Lewd” Outfit

Clickbait Barf!
Indeed! Where is the class and decorum? Ben seems to gravitate towards these smutty stories.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 11:52 am

lol ... NWplatinum labdoctor

Over the years, I have had some very heated back-and-forth with Adam1222 in this thread for his strong critique of Ben/OMAAT. He's anything but a blind fan-boy.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by labdoctor
Indeed! Where is the class and decorum? Ben seems to gravitate towards these smutty stories.

"Smutty stories" seems more like a VFTW thing than an OMAAT thing.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OMAAT nicely sidesteps the comment moderation by creating a new system to funnel the comments into. Reminds me (a bit) of the story how Randy created Flyertalk for people to talk about the topics mentioned in his Insideflyer magazine
Old Oct 30, 2020, 4:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
OMAAT nicely sidesteps the comment moderation by creating a new system to funnel the comments into. Reminds me (a bit) of the story how Randy created Flyertalk for people to talk about the topics mentioned in his Insideflyer magazine
What is the new commenting system? Has it changed in or since April 2019?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 6:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Not implemented yet, it seems, but coming soon.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 6:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Not implemented yet, it seems, but coming soon.
Boardingarea.com-supplied commenting system? Including a boardingarea.com group of moderators (contracted out or otherwise) for the commenting system?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Ben is simply switching to a ‘you must register to comment’ system. If you are not registered, your comment will require manual approval.

This is a WordPress default option and any blog can turn it on in 10 seconds although very few do.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
Ben is simply switching to a ‘you must register to comment’ system. If you are not registered, your comment will require manual approval.

This is a WordPress default option and any blog can turn it on in 10 seconds although very few do.
VFTW turned it on too, and this month at that?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 3:19 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by GUWonder
VFTW turned it on too, and this month at that?
Maybe a new BA best practice to harvest email addresses?
rt23456p likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Maybe a new BA best practice to harvest email addresses?
I didn't get the memo.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 5:27 pm

I see Ben's new post on "Four Seasons Total Landscaping" has everything to do with "points, miles and travel"...not
safari ari likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by labdoctor
I see Ben's new post on "Four Seasons Total Landscaping" has everything to do with "points, miles and travel"...not
I dunno, I thought confusing something for the Four Seasons hotel, requiring said hotel to put out a tweet, does indeed have to do with travel. Seems pretty obvious to me.
zeer0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.