One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Indeed, if Adam1222 doesn't particularly like Ben, why come running to Ben's rescue...Bizarre.

I'd also guess Ben reads this gossip thread. In which case...I know he hates anyone bringing up the Rolling Stone article. Rather weird of him to claim an Emirates FA gave him some intimate attention on a flight...
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 12:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies and Gentlemen, dear kids,
lets not get personal. The topic of this tread is OMAAT the blog and affiliated authors. Without disclosing too many details we are pretty certain that there is no proxy posting going here, so please keep personal comments to your self.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:53 pm

I wonder why Ben stopped Daniel from writing articles 🤔
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
His Turkey trip was dumb and reckless.

(Posted at 10:25pm local time in Washington DC. Before I go to bed and wake up at 6am local time.)
flashware likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222

(Posted at 10:25pm local time in Washington DC. Before I go to bed and wake up at 6am local time.)
Does anyone else have anything negative to say about Ben and OMAAT? Anyone else??
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:40 am

Very reckless! He just looks to exploit any loophole and to hell with the consequences...

He also swoops on error fares found by FT members like a vulture....and slags off anyone who dares to question his actions
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by labdoctor
Very reckless! He just looks to exploit any loophole and to hell with the consequences...

He also swoops on error fares found by FT members like a vulture....and slags off anyone who dares to question his actions

Actually, I was talking about going to a country with a repressive regime that is not taking precautions to protect its people and workers from the virus and is lax on mask wearing.

I'm not sure why taking advantage of error fares is problematic.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Actually, I was talking about going to a country with a repressive regime that is not taking precautions to protect its people and workers from the virus and is lax on mask wearing.

I'm not sure why taking advantage of error fares is problematic.
So shame on the last poster for criticizing Ben for taking advantage of the fares to Turkey when he told everyone else to quarantine?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
So shame on the last poster for criticizing Ben for taking advantage of the fares to Turkey when he told everyone else to quarantine?
I'm not shaming anyone on this forum, dear. The poster mentioned error fares in general.
I already criticized his going to Turkey. I'm not sure why you're picking a fight.
signed,
not Ben
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:16 am

I don't understand why he couldn't holiday in the US if he had such itchy feet...
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
to a country with a repressive regime that is not taking precautions to protect its people and workers from the virus and is lax on mask wearing.
Just to clarify, was that "to" or "from"?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Just to clarify, was that "to" or "from"?
I certainly would find travel to places like Disney World here in the US, as promoted by other blogs, reckless, as well. I was less bothered by his travel to national parks and other places where safer practices, either by government mandate or by geography/logistics were in place. I also think civil society, including advocates and labor unions, in the US are able to protect vulnerable populations in the US a bit more than in Turkey, as are state and local governments... where they choose to.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by labdoctor
I don't understand why he couldn't holiday in the US if he had such itchy feet...
He has a business revolving around travel. He NEEDS enough fresh content so it does not become never ending sales pieces for the credit cards the banks are making him sell. Think!
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
He has a business revolving around travel. He NEEDS enough fresh content so it does not become never ending sales pieces for the credit cards the banks are making him sell. Think!
I thought it was a gossip and credit card blog with the occasional trip report?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:27 pm

Christ y'all need a hobby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.