Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
He added the banners for the card to an indirect affiliate site (cc.com)
Those indirect links can't be used for anything other than a banner.
Hmm... the ink plus and CSP on the right hand panel have the same indirect links.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Hmm... the ink plus and CSP on the right hand panel have the same indirect links.
Those take you to Chase.com.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Today's post about on-line travel agents is disappointingly pedestrian.

But the comments? They're almost all really great, and worth reading in full.

My point is that the comments on this blog are often better than the original post and are a significant part of what keeps me reading (ex the ME posts and those by authors other than Ben & Tiffany).

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...244.1465835334
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: most of them
Originally Posted by skunker
I just said PP is given out with most credit cards, which is a fact. The level of PP is so variable amongst them. You may be right about it being the only one with free guest entry, I don't know. I have had PP for about 10 years through credit cards and have never used it. Not once. So, that feature of CSR is worthless to me.
This is certainly news to me. I am only aware of PP being offered with a few cards. I am 99.999% certain that the only card I have (out or a dozen or so that I hold) that has PP access is the CSR. Before that when I had the Amex Plat card that was the only other card I had which offered it as a benefit. So I am quite surprised to learn that it is a "fact" that it is "given our with most credit cards".

I don't really get your skepticism about the benefits of this card which seem quite clear to most of us. It's not because of blogger hype that this product has resulted in a crush of applications for Chase. I'd be willing to say the 100K UR points really got everyone's attention first of all. The $300 travel credit is certainly industry leading and the 3x travel and dining points is also a big lure. Among the many other benefits noted. For me it seems like an obvious choice to replace the CSP which I already got a ton of value out of. Unless you don't value UR points for some reason. But even then you have $1500 in value with the bonus points.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
You're right, I'm wrong.

"There's a new credit card and bloggers LOVE it for one reason....

Priority Pass."

Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by glennaa11
This is certainly news to me. I am only aware of PP being offered with a few cards. I am 99.999% certain that the only card I have (out or a dozen or so that I hold) that has PP access is the CSR. Before that when I had the Amex Plat card that was the only other card I had which offered it as a benefit. So I am quite surprised to learn that it is a "fact" that it is "given our with most credit cards".

I don't really get your skepticism about the benefits of this card which seem quite clear to most of us. It's not because of blogger hype that this product has resulted in a crush of applications for Chase. I'd be willing to say the 100K UR points really got everyone's attention first of all. The $300 travel credit is certainly industry leading and the 3x travel and dining points is also a big lure. Among the many other benefits noted. For me it seems like an obvious choice to replace the CSP which I already got a ton of value out of. Unless you don't value UR points for some reason. But even then you have $1500 in value with the bonus points.
CSR is a great card with lots of features that are attractive to plenty of people (though not everyone - nothing is 100% appealing). It's worthy of a bit of hype.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by FallenPlat

My point is that the comments on this blog are often better than the original post and are a significant part of what keeps me reading (ex the ME posts and those by authors other than Ben & Tiffany).

Totally. the one by the new kid from Sweden cutting the line at an airport because he was going to be late for his flight is prompting some really good comments.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by FallenPlat

The comments from today's post on the Air China in-flight magazine article are kinda nutty. It amazes me that people complain about the mild criticism on this (EM&PR) forum when a blog contains reader comments along the lines of

Loz says:

September 7, 2016 at 9:28 am

Lindsey H, save it, American devil. OMAAT is not an extension of your homeland. It is an international blog. I have nothing to do with your country, your people, or your political ideologies. I haven’t even set foot in your country before and I have no intention to do so lest I get shot by some raving mad police officer, shot by some looney bin in a theatre, or raped by someone like Brock Turner. All I’m doing, as a reader of OMAAT, is standing up to the rising scourge of white trash on this blog (since the owners of OMAAT have clearly demonstrated zero resolve to give em the boot). I swear y’all will come over to our part of the world and holiday in our part of the world with your ill-begotten miles and then stab us in the back by slandering us on OMAAT afterwards. Do us all a favour and stay out of Asia if you think of us in such a lowly manner.

Last edited by 84fiero; Sep 7, 2016 at 8:56 am
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Totally. the one by the new kid from Sweden cutting the line at an airport because he was going to be late for his flight is prompting some really good comments.
Originally Posted by 84fiero
The comments from today's post on the Air China in-flight magazine article are kinda nutty. It amazes me that people complain about the mild criticism on this (EM&PR) forum when a blog contains reader comments along the lines of
Oh. My. Stars. DanTorp sounds like a typical teenage self-centered twerp. I send guys like him to the back of the line frequently. The flogging he is receiving is well deserved and I would not be surprised if that post is going to be zapped at some point...btw...anyone else notice this dude looks exactly like Ben?

The Air China post comments are just an indicator of what happens when you groom an audience of entitled and self-centered individuals willing to break rules at every turn for their self-enrichment...Yes, the Air China comment in the magazine is ridiculous, but who cares? It's meant as advice for Chinese nationals...who cares, seriously...
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:42 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by 84fiero
It amazes me that people complain about the mild criticism on this (EM&PR) forum when a blog contains reader comments along the lines of
Or this on the clueless, entitled OMAAT Swedish Millennial:

Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would have guessed that Lucky would have to approve these things.

Guess that he just lets his people post away.

That guy really has the wrong attitude.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Line cutting, it's very sensitive and a art of finesse.

Last week AMS T2 security and immigration was an absolute zoo. However many people were stuck in the lines. A blond 25 yo girl who was clearly in a rush to make it to her gate, asked politely every person in the row if she may move one place forward. Ofcourse many people obliged. However a family of 5 seeing her do it, exited their place from the queue and went straight up to the start. Naturally a small brawl started and airport security had to meditate.

Naturally we are seasoned travellers but you always expect increased lines during the end of the holiday season and take appropiate time in account.

And have to agree with some here, where are the days of tips and tricks? Now it's getting satured with 1) i book "cheap" business / first fare posts 2) lifestyle "ford and i are jetting off to..." posts and 3) sensationalist OMG!!! Like thats so like ... posts.

Still waiting for a booking class hierarchy by carrier or fare rules explaination (tips/tricks per blog title)
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Or this on the clueless, entitled OMAAT Swedish Millennial:

Yikes!

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Line cutting, it's very sensitive and a art of finesse.

Last week AMS T2 security and immigration was an absolute zoo. However many people were stuck in the lines. A blond 25 yo girl who was clearly in a rush to make it to her gate, asked politely every person in the row if she may move one place forward. Ofcourse many people obliged. However a family of 5 seeing her do it, exited their place from the queue and went straight up to the start. Naturally a small brawl started and airport security had to meditate.

Naturally we are seasoned travellers but you always expect increased lines during the end of the holiday season and take appropiate time in account.

And have to agree with some here, where are the days of tips and tricks? Now it's getting satured with 1) i book "cheap" business / first fare posts 2) lifestyle "ford and i are jetting off to..." posts and 3) sensationalist OMG!!! Like thats so like ... posts.

Still waiting for a booking class hierarchy by carrier or fare rules explaination (tips/tricks per blog title)
Geez I've luckily not encountered line cutting that bad!

Booking class & fare rules post would be great to see.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
That kid comes off as a completely self entitled. (I actually edited myself as I have some other descriptive words for him) Maybe Lucky sees him as a younger version of himself?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
That kid comes off as a completely self entitled. (I actually edited myself as I have some other descriptive words for him) Maybe Lucky sees him as a younger version of himself?
I don't know, but the guy isn't doing OMAAT any favors with his whiny, selfish, and vapid post. Maybe he has some good contributions to be made but so far, not off to a very good start I'd say.

Still, the comments are quite entertaining

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.