Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
More comments ---------> More pageviews------------->More $$$
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by alexrg
My word... has Lucky started moderating comments?

I've noticed he's been pretty defensive lately...
Yes, he has. He didn't post a comment I made, which included a link to the original FT thread for the fare, in the CMB-BOS QR blog post.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
That's odd.

Normally not even a god and all the angels combined, let alone Ben, can prevent a comment from posting in four or five seconds. (Trust me on this one; I've commented lots of times.)

In other words, there's zero moderation. Or, more accurately, only first-time commenters are moderated before their first posts go public. After that, nothing.

That's assuming you haven't been banned as poor not-all-the-way-there "Frank" was some years ago.

Of course, once a comment actually posts, Ben can remove it, i.e., "moderate." But only then.

And yes, he certainly has been lobbing more defensive-sounding counter-comments into the comment threads lately. He's even been responding to the semi-literate ravings of the near lunatics who seem to post now and again. I wouldn't have thought that chasing after that sort of thing was worth the effort myself. Evidently he begs to differ.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Everyone seems kinda surprised that Lucky's blog is starting to completely suck like the rest of Boarding Area. It's been a slow, steady march into the gutter, and this blog is no different.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
That's odd.

Normally not even a god and all the angels combined, let alone Ben, can prevent a comment from posting in four or five seconds. (Trust me on this one; I've commented lots of times.)

In other words, there's zero moderation. Or, more accurately, only first-time commenters are moderated before their first posts go public. After that, nothing.

That's assuming you haven't been banned as poor not-all-the-way-there "Frank" was some years ago.

Of course, once a comment actually posts, Ben can remove it, i.e., "moderate." But only then.

And yes, he certainly has been lobbing more defensive-sounding counter-comments into the comment threads lately. He's even been responding to the semi-literate ravings of the near lunatics who seem to post now and again. I wouldn't have thought that chasing after that sort of thing was worth the effort myself. Evidently he begs to differ.
Well it said "your comment is awaiting moderation" and it was never posted.

Make of that what you will.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Everyone seems kinda surprised that Lucky's blog is starting to completely suck like the rest of Boarding Area. It's been a slow, steady march into the gutter, and this blog is no different.
Agree.

A total transformation from "look at the amazing trips you can take thanks to my tips"
to "look at me, I'm such a cool guy, I have money and I have a boyfriend,
I'm so amazing, you will never be like me". And BTW, "Chase/Citi/Amex is great".
ROTFL.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Well I've been saying this for a while. I'm glad y'all have caught up with me.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
The constant pimping of booking via Amex FHR and Virtuoso is striking me as bit to advertorial.

And now with Ford instantly elevated to Luxury Travel consultant, i have a feeling they are really milking that programme for their own benefit.

For fun i tried to make a virtuoso booking, first find an agent, second not in my town and not visitable. To much steps and intermediates: online direct booking is the best followed by an experienced liscenced educated TA.... How did Ford overnight become a "expert", i thought one must have at least a bachelor degree in tourism, hospitality and travel.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by HadesNL
The constant pimping of booking via Amex FHR and Virtuoso is striking me as bit to advertorial.

And now with Ford instantly elevated to Luxury Travel consultant, i have a feeling they are really milking that programme for their own benefit.

For fun i tried to make a virtuoso booking, first find an agent, second not in my town and not visitable. To much steps and intermediates: online direct booking is the best followed by an experienced liscenced educated TA.... How did Ford overnight become a "expert", i thought one must have at least a bachelor degree in tourism, hospitality and travel.
To be fair, a rich kid probably is more an expert on luxury hotels than someone with an associates degree in hospitality.

But I think Ben is likely not complying with best practices in not making explicit the posts on virtuoso are advertisements for Fords services.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:59 pm

Simple. He could be an independent agent of a Virtuoso host agency. The host takes a percentage of the commissions for each booking. No degrees are required.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: SQ
I don't understand how one can find his hotel advice useful.

Hyatt this, Starwood that.

I think Google would be more useful for anyone not obsessively chasing a free breakfast.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:07 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
I don't understand how one can find his hotel advice useful.

Hyatt this, Starwood that.

I think Google would be more useful for anyone not obsessively chasing a free breakfast.
It's worse than that for the boys: as a luxury traveler myself, I have moved from luxury hotels to luxury flats via VRBO and AirBnB. Gig economy, baby!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by kokonutz
It's worse than that for the boys: as a luxury traveler myself, I have moved from luxury hotels to luxury flats via VRBO and AirBnB. Gig economy, baby!
Wait until the Chase or Amex AirBnB credit card will come out
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by German Expat
Wait until the Chase or Amex AirBnB credit card will come out
Let me rewrite that in the correct way:

Wait until the Chase or Amex AirBnB AFFILIATE credit card will come out. If not, readers may never hear about them
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

FWIW there are plenty of options to use Virtuoso without too much difficulty and cost, not sure it would be worth becoming one "just to milk it."

ClassicTravel.com comes to mind as one that's easily accessible "to the masses"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.