Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: SQ
Two reasons why I think he's so successful:

1. For some reason, everyone is now so lazy and gets all of their information from his blog. Whenever he writes a post with a title like 'Amazing Award Space!!!' he has already made sure to book whatever trip he needs for himself. I'd imagine that if he told everyone to look eagerly for F space on the A380 inaugural than he wouldn't have a single seat for himself.

2. He's not going to write a post 'sitting at home because CX F hasn't opened up in a week and I'm bored!!'. I don't think it makes sense to write a blog post about his failures.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:08 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Can't wait for the 89th post on the Citi Prestige 4th night benefit, you know it's coming
Nah, he is on a Air India bashing run right now.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Lucky took a couple steps backward with his post on the 4 men being thrown off a plane today.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Lucky took a couple steps backward with his post on the 4 men being thrown off a plane today.
Yes, well, Lucky doesn't seem to be a paragon of tolerance. He has made a number of past negative comments about old flight attendants and about people who he considers to be unattractive.
Tolerance is for others to display towards him. Not the other way around.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by HelloItsMe
He has made a number of past negative comments about old flight attendants and about people who he considers to be unattractive.
I don't follow the blog closely enough to recall any comments about unattractive people, but if that statement is true I'd find it a bit ironic seeing as he rarely posts photos of himself. Though he seems to have no problem featuring Ford in his photos. Most of these bloggers use 10+ year old headshots. Eventually they slip and post a photo taken in the Emirates shower sans makeup and it can be a bit startling to the casual reader.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, well, Lucky doesn't seem to be a paragon of tolerance. He has made a number of past negative comments about old flight attendants and about people who he considers to be unattractive.
Tolerance is for others to display towards him. Not the other way around.
Guys, he is an ambassador to the Muslim world - everyone will be more tolerant for having the pleasure of serving him (so long as they meet 5-star standards).
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:52 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
His commenters are (appropriately) setting him straight on the matter, it seems. ^
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:12 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nah, he is on a Air India bashing run right now.
Am I the only one who sees hilarious irony in Ben using this video to make fun of AI?

I mean, besides the slight physical resemblence there is there is the whole 'I don't need to visit India because I experience a country's culture in its airline's premium cabin' attitude!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Am I the only one who sees hilarious irony in Ben using this video to make fun of AI?

AIR-INDIA: Proud To Be Indian, Proud To Be Global - YouTube

I mean, besides the slight physical resemblence there is there is the whole 'I don't need to visit India because I experience a country's culture in its airline's premium cabin' attitude!
Not for nothing but I kind of wanted those two guys to start making out when the lights were dimmed...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
The bit about "ticketing irregularities" was really puzzling to me as it apparently was to some commenters, too. Not sure what's strange about SDCs, etc. and seems odd for someone like Lucky to take that view.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:17 pm

Not for nothing but I kind of wanted those two guys to start making out when the lights were dimmed...
Krug and Tug on CX

Curry and .... on AI?

They do have Ben's robotic voice pattern as well.. what's the saying? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 84fiero
The bit about "ticketing irregularities" was really puzzling to me as it apparently was to some commenters, too. Not sure what's strange about SDCs, etc. and seems odd for someone like Lucky to take that view.
Perhaps it's a part of a play to keep on board people of various political inclinations, after getting ripped about the Maldives?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Perhaps it's a part of a play to keep on board people of various political inclinations, after getting ripped about the Maldives?
Nope, its a move out of VFTW's playbook to make some mildly offensive posts that get plenty of clicks & comments.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nope, its a move out of VFTW's playbook to make some mildly offensive posts that get plenty of clicks & comments.
VFTW sticks to more of a party line than OMAAT, but VFTW posts don't seem to be all that "mildly offensive". And those "controversial" posts on VFTW tend to generate less comments than the more miles/points-oriented stuff.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Interesting timing, but another blogger is blogging about Amal Clooney's explanation why visiting the Maldives is supporting injustice, not ending it as Lucky suggests http://upgrd.com/matthew/amal-cloone...-maldives.html

Lucky may be an "expert" on luxury travel, but Amal Clooney is far more of an expert on what does and doesnt change human rights violations. (And it has nothing to do with her last name)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.