Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kokonutz
This topic was discussed previously in this forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...-maldives.html
Barcelona-London-Maldives on IB/BA is less than $375 round trip all-in. In case you are interested in that right now.

But it's not swanky enough for the miles and points lifestyle-selling bloggers.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Lucky has taken critique to hart and we get 16 new airlines to be reviewed.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...eview-in-2016/

We are going in the right direction again AND more business class! Hopefully someday premium economy will also be featured.

@oliver2002
Didnt know hainan was notorious for pricestunting, interesting!
And yeah if AS will be dropping EK/EY, it will definetly give the blogosphere some serious headaches to produce aspirational content.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HadesNL
And yeah if AS will be dropping EK/EY, it will definetly give the blogosphere some serious headaches to produce aspirational content.
Is this a rumor or are you just thinking this may happen at some point?
Old Jan 1, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Wow flying Saudia and Kuwait isnt going to go over well with his...ummm...more conservative... readers
Old Jan 1, 2016, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

We are going in the right direction again AND more business class! Hopefully someday premium economy will also be featured.

@oliver2002
Major props to him if he follows through. The F is nice from an aspirational standpoint (and probably from a selling CCs standpoint) - heck it opened my eyes to a world of possibilities but J reviews are much more practical, especially for trips over the Atlantic where I find it hard to justify extra points or miles for F over J from the East Coast.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Wow flying Saudia and Kuwait isnt going to go over well with his...ummm...more conservative... readers
It won't also go over well for him, as hell write posts saying how inept they are, not luxurious, and don't provide Krug or treat him like an extra special snowflake.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:03 pm

@oliver2002
I wouldn't keep my hopes up too much. Lucky has been saying he'll review more J products in 2015, but then almost always caves and defaults to EY, EK or CX F in the end...
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Is this a rumor or are you just thinking this may happen at some point?
AS has been clear that they do not join the US3 in their campaign against the ME3. It is in the best interest of AS as a smaller carrier to be on the side of the ME3, particularly in light of their relationship with DL.

I wouldn't worry about AS dropping EK as a partner.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:07 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Adam1222
It won't also go over well for him, as hell write posts saying how inept they are, not luxurious, and don't provide Krug or treat him like an extra special snowflake.
If Ford thought that BA business class was equivalent to coach, he's going to regard Kuwait and Tahiti Nui business class to be the ninth circle of hell.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
So are we done with the whole "address what they've written" thing? This is pure conjecture and is criticizing someone for what the poster thinks the author might write.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
AS FFP: I was thinking the other day when AS and AA will ditch EK and EY respectively to make a point in the current US3 vs ME3 mud slinging fest. If there are no option to redeem on EY or EK the focus of many blogs will go else where...
Dunno about AA and EY, but AS and EK do well for each other. AS said so in an investor presentation which Cranky Flier detailed.

A ton of international traffic goes INTL - US point 1 - US point 2 - US point 3 - INTL. The ME3 need partners to carry that type of traffic intra-US which creates opportunity for the non-international US carriers.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
So are we done with the whole "address what they've written" thing? This is pure conjecture and is criticizing someone for what the poster thinks the author might write.
Thanks for your perspective. My "speculation" is based on reading prior posts by the same author when he has flown other carriers. I'm not sure why you are suggesting that one should not take into consideration the hundreds of blog posts he has written in addressing a claim of what future blog posts may look like, other than just seeking to start a fight.

If you'd like more empirical evidence, you can look at today's post about Etihad coach. People asked for the pasta when the Flight attendant said there was only chicken and fish left! The beggars.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:30 pm

But you're not actually criticizing anything, you're saying that because Ben criticized (I imagine) the first class on China Eastern that he expects CX F treatment on every single flight? That although Ben knows that Saudia is a dry airline that he would seriously expect Krug and complain on the blog when he doesn't get it? Give me a break.

It seems like you're trying to join in on the echo chamber that is this board's regular critiques of bloggers by publicly criticizing someone for what they will say before they actually say it and accuse everyone else of being the jerk when people rightly say that it's a bit ridiculous. It's not me trying to cause a fight, it's you becoming a martyr as soon as anyone disagrees with what you're saying.

I'm not really sure what you expect of Ben. He doesn't write for your blog and as far as I know you are not his editor. I'm curious what you think he should do differently? I haven't seen much of that from you, just criticism that he didn't take as vocal of a stance against traveling to certain countries as you did, which grew to into you criticizing seemingly every word that Ben writes (now doing the same before he even writes them!).
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:31 pm

What is so sad about these threads is that the "Great blog posts with original content" post has fallen to the second page and threads like this and Gary's are updated regularly with nothing but hate. Nobody is looking for good content anymore it seems, instead just looking to hate.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:57 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
What is so sad about these threads is that the "Great blog posts with original content" post has fallen to the second page and threads like this and Gary's are updated regularly with nothing but hate. Nobody is looking for good content anymore it seems, instead just looking to hate.
The VFTW and OMAAT threads have a lot more than hate in them. Praise, even! @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.