Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Off topic, much
Never used the word offensive in that context, I don't think. Ethically troubling, sure. And less the travels to the UAE themselves and more the fawning over the UAE with no discussion of how terribly unjust the nation is. And I actually posted on my blog why I myself was very torn about visiting the UAE myself. Not sure why any of this is relevant to the fairly widely accepted notion that referring to the "gay lifestyle " is offensive, but if you'd like to have a broader discussion about my personal views on unrelated topics, feel free to send me a PM.
The only blogger I'm aware of that visits the UAE a lot is the blogger that is the subject of this thread. Hence, my thought that it was relevant. But I may have been thinking of the wrong blogger.

As to your other personal views, I haven't the slightest interest.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JetAway
Off topic, much
Never used the word offensive in that context, I don't think. Ethically troubling, sure. And less the travels to the UAE themselves and more the fawning over the UAE with no discussion of how terribly unjust the nation is. And I actually posted on my blog why I myself was very torn about visiting the UAE myself. Not sure why any of this is relevant to the fairly widely accepted notion that referring to the "gay lifestyle " is offensive, but if you'd like to have a broader discussion about my personal views on unrelated topics, feel free to send me a PM.
The only blogger I'm aware of that visits the UAE a lot is the blogger that is the subject of this thread. Hence, my thought that it was relevant. But I may have been thinking of the wrong blogger.

As to your other personal views, I haven't the slightest interest.
I guess Im confused. Do you want to get into a discussion about my thoughts on Lucky's visits to the UAE, or were you just trying to make a snarky comment? It struck me that you were doing the latter, since it was unrelated to my initial post and lacked any content. My apologies if it was the former. If you actually are interested in discussing my views on the ethics of Lucky's postings about/from the UAE, I'm happy to do so here. Here's the link so we can share with everyone: http://www.youwentwhere.com/?p=3536 If you scoured my blog for a nine-month-old post, I'd say you do have more than the slightest interest in my personal views.

(I also touched on the topic 2 years ago if that's what you were referring to : http://www.youwentwhere.com/?p=1455 )
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Today in my gay lifestyle:
- woke up, hit snooze, didn't make it to the gym
- had coffee and cereal
- biked to work
- worked all day in my windowless office as a professional
-biked home
- napped
- ate leftovers
- watched top chef on the couch
- facetime with nephews
- read flyertalk
- brushed teeth
- now sleep.

Far more typical of the "gay lifestyle" than anything Lucky posts.
Personally, I think your "gay lifestyle" is fabulous. At least on some days, it is at a minimum more fabulous than mine based on your diary as presented here.

On a more serious note, I wasn't aware of your blog but I read Part 2 of the Abu Dhabi piece and thought you presented an excellent case.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Adam1222, FallenPlat may have been referring to discussion here

was 'interesting' dorchester/brunei boycotted, but not qatar, UAE, saudi, etc
qatar government in particular continues to buy up luxury and nonluxury hotels
good point re lebanon/jordan, presumably ignored due to no lux award hotels
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
So i read a couple of Ben's reviews from 2008. Wow, what a a breath of fresh air. And the commenters were genuinely interested in the content of the reviews and Ben replied to every comment. Ah, the good ole days!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL
Well things are looking up. There are two articles on a K-pop group. Suddenly Ford seems like a genius.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by HelloItsMe
Well things are looking up. There are two articles on a K-pop group. Suddenly Ford seems like a genius.
I saw the post headlines but couldn't stomach clicking. I can only imagine how vapid the posts were.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:24 am
Suspended

Lucky's blog provides no details on the "gay lifestyle", certainly no more than TPG or any of the other blogs. Perhaps you didn't mean to, but suggesting there is such a thing as a "gay lifestyle" is offensive. Today in my gay lifestyle:
- had coffee and cereal
- biked to work
-biked home
- napped
- ate leftovers
- facetime with nephews
- read flyertalk
- brushed teeth
- now sleep.

So you don't think Ford is living the fabulous gay lifestyle? Seriously? Lucky at least earns what he has. What exactly does Ford do? Actually don't tell me.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by TMM1982
So you don't think Ford is living the fabulous gay lifestyle? Seriously? Lucky at least earns what he has. What exactly does Ford do? Actually don't tell me.
Looks like Ford is living the fabulous "kept" lifestyle. I'm pretty sure that this phenomenon also exists in the straight world.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:56 pm

Lucky's blog provides no details on the "gay lifestyle", certainly no more than TPG or any of the other blogs. Perhaps you didn't mean to, but suggesting there is such a thing as a "gay lifestyle" is offensive. Today in my gay lifestyle:
- had coffee and cereal
- biked to work
-biked home
- napped
- ate leftovers
- facetime with nephews
- read flyertalk
- brushed teeth
- now sleep.

I think it's terrible for you to speculate. I have no idea, and neither do you. He's gone on a few trips with his boyfriend; that doesn't mean he's a "kept" man.

I used my miles for vacations with my ex and he made more money and worked longer hours than me.

And no, a few days in Dubai doesn't strike me as an example of anything gay or fabulous.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:16 am
Suspended

I think it's terrible for you to speculate. I have no idea, and neither do you. He's gone on a few trips with his boyfriend; that doesn't mean he's a "kept" man.
It's been more than "a few" Adam. Lucky is taking Ford around the world on lavish trips while Ford's job appears to be cranking out some incoherent and poorly written blogs comparing business class to economy.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 4:15 am

It's been more than "a few" Adam. Lucky is taking Ford around the world on lavish trips while Ford's job appears to be cranking out some incoherent and poorly written blogs comparing business class to economy.
Meow.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 4:20 am
Suspended

Meow.
I'll take that as "I can't defend Ford any longer" response.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Lavish? Not after suffering through that horrible, miserable, inhuman flight in BA business class!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Hey, my SO works at Ford, where quality is Job #1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.