Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Does anyone here also post on Milepoint?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone here also post on Milepoint?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by stackm
Can someone explain the purpose of all the Milepoint "Countdown", or "Random Number" threads?

I understand the site benefits as the pageviews/posts get counted. But why do the members waste their own valuable time with this?
Maybe their time isn't all that valuable

Originally Posted by oliver2002
To get gold status and access the private parts (sorry sections ) of the forum.

I made it to Silver on there (without much effort) and therefore access to the coveted Silver sections...which, along with $0.75 will buy me a candy bar. I haven't posted on MP in many months, maybe I should get active again so I can live in the Gold world?!?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Details here: http://milepoint.com/forums/help/trophies
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Maybe their time isn't all that valuable
you have access to omni...

at least this poster does not have access to omni >

Can someone explain the purpose of all the Milepoint "Countdown", or "Random Number" threads?

I understand the site benefits as the pageviews/posts get counted. But why do the members waste their own valuable time with this?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-games-699/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-...500-000-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-...100-000-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-...100-000-a.html
those 3 threads have 100K > 128K replies
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Those types of threads actually originated on FlyerTalk in the OMNI section. We had some members here getting upwards of 30,000 posts in some of those threads while posting just a number. About two years back they were moved into an OMNI Games forum and no longer count towards overall post count (posts in OMNI and OMNI/PR do count, just not OMNI Ganes). That hasn't stopped FT members from posting in them. When you have 180 days/180 posts you can count numbers, too.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Yep. Lots of losers on both boards.

dh
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Whoa, just when you think the Air Canada MP forum can't get any slower a quick check tonight find two posts this whole week.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The most recent post in the M&M forum was from July 26. Two weeks without any new post!
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I occasionally stop by MP (every 3-4 months). One of the forums I check is the Marriott forum & there are hardly any threads there or very few since the last time I've checked. The FT Marriott forum is more active, so if I'm looking for info FT is the place. And contrary to MP belief, not all of FT is snarky I don't have anything against MP or the founders; it's just not as good a resource for me.

Cheers.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The QF board there is one of the ones I try to read. And there was recently a period of 2½ months between posts (16 April to 1 July, I think).
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
And contrary to MP belief, not all of FT is snarky I don't have anything against MP or the founders; it's just not as good a resource for me.
Maybe just the Manufactured Spend forum currently. Don't set foot in there without armor on. I don't think Milepoint has an equivalent forum.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by tom911
Maybe just the Manufactured Spend forum currently. Don't set foot in there without armor on. I don't think Milepoint has an equivalent forum.
I was referring to MPers saying all of FT is snarky when it's not really true.

I have heard that the MS forum is a tad more brusque I went into it once; didn't need to worry about snarky because I didn't understand a word they were saying in one thread

Re: going to MP, the forums, other than a couple, don't really have information updated daily like FT does so that's the reason I rarely go to MP. I know a lot of friendly FTers & I get information.

Cheers.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: A few
One really has to say objectively that MP is a failure and should be shut down. All the traffic is either here or on the blogs. Sometimes you've just got to admit something didn't work.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
One really has to say objectively that MP is a failure and should be shut down. All the traffic is either here or on the blogs. Sometimes you've just got to admit something didn't work.
there is zero reason to shut down, and many reasons not to, including >

60,991 UA (+ 21 per day)
AA + US = 45,229
moreover, not all of us care about FT type blogs
(i personally could not care less about them)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 10, 2014 at 2:17 am
Old Aug 9, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: A few
there is zero reason to shut down, and many reasons not to, including >

moreover, not all of us care about FT type blogs
(i personally could not care less about them)
what 21 posts per day in a forum that is replicated in FT is reason to keep the patient alive? lol
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
what 21 posts per day in a forum that is replicated in FT is reason to keep the patient alive? lol
Only reason to shut it down is if the costs to maintain it exceed the income produced and if the founders are unwilling to continue funding it in hopes of changing that.

Suggesting that there should only be one place where content can/should exist is silly. By that theory we can shut down competing news sites that drow lower traffic numbers than CNN or NYTimes or FoxNews, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.