Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Does anyone here also post on Milepoint?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone here also post on Milepoint?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mcc235
compete.com does not measure actual visitors the way Google Analytics does. Their panel [1] is "combining the online behaviors of millions consumers" and based on the sites they visit they "... use algorithms and advanced analytics techniques to make projections of US Internet activity to report on the number of individual people visiting a site."

So they do not know the exact traffic on milepoint or flyertalk. They are extrapolating a guess as to the total traffic on those sites. In fact, many sites I've seen on there, where I can compare their numbers with actual numbers are usually not even close. The recent uptick in reported visitors probably has to do with a change in the people on their panel rather than a sharp change in visitors to either site.

[1] https://www.compete.com/about-compete/our-data/
Agreed. Though I do trust Quantcast and Compete more than Alexa, which seems ridiculous. It seems that all of these programs are off somewhat.

Compete is off by a ton compared to my GA and Adsense, and since Adsense is paying me out money I'd be willing to say they were more accurate However, I do think they have general notions that are correct, such as not listing less popular sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.