Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
EVA is rolling out new liqueur glassware as part of its "service image refreshment" that it has planned with the unveiling of the new uniforms next month.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Supper TPE-CDG in October

Lots of choices, but most sound "underwhelming". Any recommendations or warnings?

Wok Fried Diced Chicken with Ginko Nuts and Lily Bulbs Served with Steamed Rice

Salmon Fish Rolled with Cheese in Creamy Brown Sauce with Herb,Onion and Pickles
Served with Turmeric Flavoured Potatoes

Stewed Beef Shank Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Broiled Miso Salmon

Exclusive Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

Exclusive Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Exclusive Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

Exclusive Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Pasta

Exclusive Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

Exclusive Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Exclusive Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Exclusive Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

Exclusive Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Exclusive Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Broiled Miso Salmon
This is a very weird item. Are there no sides?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
YVR-TPE October (Supper)

Chilean Sea Bass with Saffron Cream Sauce Served with Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables

Braised Chicken with Mushroom, Chestnut and Date Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Rice Noodle Soup with Roasted Duck Served with Traditional Delicatessens

*Exclusive WuXi Pork Sparerib Served with Fried Egg Rice and Mixed Vegetables

*Exclusive Pan Fried Ling Cod with Scallop Sauce Served with Fired Tobiko and Egg Rice, Mixed Vegetables

*Exclusive AAA Angus Tenderloin with Porcini Mushroom Demi Served with Truffle Potato Quenelle、Grilled Vegetables

*Exclusive Crust Lamb Rack with Mustard Seed Sauce Served with Creamy Polenta with Truffle Oil and Mixed Vegetables

*Exclusive Breast Duck with Fig Port Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fingerling Potatoes

Any recommendations?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
This is a very weird item. Are there no sides?
No, that's exactly how the menu describes it.

I am a bit disappointed with the choices on both flights CDG-TPE-CDG. Seems like most US-flights get two different lobster choices and generally more higher-end items than the flights from France. Any recommendations?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:28 pm

No, that's exactly how the menu describes it.

I am a bit disappointed with the choices on both flights CDG-TPE-CDG. Seems like most US-flights get two different lobster choices and generally more higher-end items than the flights from France. Any recommendations?
The Beef with Madeira sauce was pretty good. Meat was cooked to perfection. Only issue I had was the duchesse potatoes, they were repulsive and catering had put food coloring into them so it tasted extremely artificial.

Looks like the gave you 10 exclusive menu items instead of the normal 5. Keep in mind EVA doesn't have much competition for the TPE-CDG route so the meals will not be as nice.

Last edited by hayzel7773; Sep 20, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage
Hi There,

I'm taking EVA for the first time to HKG from Toronto next month. Here is what they have offered for on board meals:

Braised Pork with Soya Sauce Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Noodle Soup with BBQ Duck Served with Marinated Konnyaku and Cucumber

Pan Seared Sea Bass with Creamy Dill Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potatoes

Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese

Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice

Potato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables

My question is this... I'm allergic to seafood and not crazy about pork or duck. Will there not just be an ordinary chicken or beef option? So far, I've selected the veal dish - do you think I can just ask to them serve it with another side other than the lobster?

Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by FozzyBear1980
Hi There,

I'm taking EVA for the first time to HKG from Toronto next month. Here is what they have offered for on board meals:

Braised Pork with Soya Sauce Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Noodle Soup with BBQ Duck Served with Marinated Konnyaku and Cucumber

Pan Seared Sea Bass with Creamy Dill Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potatoes

Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese

Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice

Potato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables

My question is this... I'm allergic to seafood and not crazy about pork or duck. Will there not just be an ordinary chicken or beef option? So far, I've selected the veal dish - do you think I can just ask to them serve it with another side other than the lobster?

Thanks!
TBH, they are extremely inflexible when it comes to changing up the dishes by a little. If you really can't, ask them to plate it separately(although they do heat them in the same aluminum box, not sure if you are ok with that) or order something that you aren't allergic too. Would not be surprised if they refused your request to change sides, since they will get confused too.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:00 am

My question is this... I'm allergic to seafood and not crazy about pork or duck. Will there not just be an ordinary chicken or beef option? So far, I've selected the veal dish - do you think I can just ask to them serve it with another side other than the lobster?!
When you go to manage my booking on EVA's website, there is also a "special meal" button, i.e. you can order something you are not allergic to there.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
The Beef with Madeira sauce was pretty good. Meat was cooked to perfection. Only issue I had was the duchesse potatoes, they were repulsive and catering had put food coloring into them so it tasted extremely artificial.
It will be a Hello Kitty flight, i.e. there is a chance the duchesse potatoes will be pink

Any chance to pre-order a meal and get an additional main course from the on-board menu?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec

Thanks!
I am also allergic to seafood. So if the meal option was limited, I ordered Beef Burger as entree for my meal. Beef Burger is normally only available for snack, but I have been able to request it for my main or refreshing meal.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:08 am

Update from BR88

The pre-ordered
*Grilled Seabass with Senteur Provence Sauce Served with Dill Basmati Rice
turned out to be terrible; the sauce was just awful.

I politely requested a(ny) different main course from the three on-board choices but they said they do not have a single meal left, no matter which one. Very disappointing experience.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Update from BR88

The pre-ordered
*Grilled Seabass with Senteur Provence Sauce Served with Dill Basmati Rice
turned out to be terrible; the sauce was just awful.

I politely requested a(ny) different main course from the three on-board choices but they said they do not have a single meal left, no matter which one. Very disappointing experience.
Grilled Seabass with Senteur Provence Sauce

One suggestion - when reviewing the meal options, if you see ingredients that don't really exist in real life (ie, try finding a recipe online for 'Senteur Provenence Sauce), it's probably a good bet to avoid it. BR has a habit of making up fancy names for some of the dishes and accompaniments (ie, 'traditional delicatessen' which the rest of us know is corned beef or pastrami on rye, not thousand year egg and pickled vegetables), which can have an interesting result once onboard.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I just flew BR36 from TPE-YYZ. It was an amazing flight with delicious food and alcohol.

I know the quality of the steak depends on the skills of the person heating it up but my Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos was actually rare and pink on the inside which is nearly impossible to to do on the plane. For a snack, I had the beef burger and it was pretty tasty and not too dry.

For breakfast, I highly recommend the Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens. I am not really a porridge person but when all the delicatessens are mixed into the porridge, it was so tasty and had many different textures. Its really a lovely breakfast to have especially if you never had proper Chinese Porridge before. Just make sure to mix the fermented bean curd into the porridge as it can be quite salty on its own. I am definitely ordering this dish again on my way home.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Lonsinla
I am definitely ordering this dish again on my way home.
You don't need to order it, they make a big pot of the porridge and you can always ask for it (and seconds) - you might as well order the western breakfast and ask them to bring you the porridge as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.