Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greece - Travel Since Reopening

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I passed twice the Greek borders recently (HER & JTR) with French vaccination certificates and it was just fine. No questions asked. I was out in less time than needed to type this post
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by bdb
final Update.

Departed Athens for Munich yesterday, they checked the covid test, and that gave us the forms for the US health affirmation form ( you write your name on it and sign it. )
Landing in Munich 2 Police officers greeted everyone and checked their paperwork, we had what we needed to connect to the US. this would have taken a while if you were near the back of the plane FYI for anyone with short connections.

Then before getting to our get as is typical departing Europe for the EU our forms were checked again ( this is where the health affirmation form was checked )

Nothing at all upon arrival in the US, and now Global Entry is just Facial Recognition ! No need to press any buttons really on the screen.
How far in advance did you do the covid test and what type?
I know US is 3 days in advance PCR or antigen.
However, I am confused by Germany schengen to non-schengen transit requirements. Some places seem to say you only require whatever is required for your destination. Other places say you need a 72hr PCR or 48hr antigen test. Other places say a vaccine card is enough.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No test needed to transit Germany with a vaccine card.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 3:11 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Am I getting this right? To take a ferry in Greece if you haven’t been vaccinated you need to fill out a form testifying that you did a negative rapid self test and was negative for it without showing any other evidence?

talk about paperwork!
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 3:11 am

Also Greece now allows rapid tests 48 hours before travel, PCR no longer required
Old Jun 19, 2021, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Am I getting this right? To take a ferry in Greece if you haven’t been vaccinated you need to fill out a form testifying that you did a negative rapid self test and was negative for it without showing any other evidence?

talk about paperwork!
From mainland to island. Interisland there is no documentation or checking.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
From mainland to island. Interisland there is no documentation or checking.
https://self-testing.gov.gr/#apografi

oh well just more pointless government paperwork
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: amex plat, delta, aa, united, starwood
I arrived yesterday in Santorini on a British Airways flight. They never asked to see a vax card or PCR test results, but instead tested everyone as they got off the plane (with the long stick). Hope this helps...
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Whiskarina
I arrived yesterday in Santorini on a British Airways flight. They never asked to see a vax card or PCR test results, but instead tested everyone as they got off the plane (with the long stick). Hope this helps...
It sounds like a lot of BA flights are going to be in for a "random" testing in the near future....which should stop if they are not finding any positives....
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Whiskarina
Yes 100%, in Athens it was the same. There were quite a few comments of (whats the point of getting vaccinated and having a passport if you are going to test everyone anyway), but it took a few mins and got the results by text a few hours later. Clearly they are testing as many flights from the UK as possible, and if they choose to test a flight they test everyone on it regardless of COVID status.

BTW, in GR masks are on paper mandatory outside but most people don't bother so it is clearly not enforced, obviously they are strict about it indoors but no one bothers you if you are not wearing one outside.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Sounds inconvenient but better than imposing 5 days quarantine to UK travelers like Italy just did...
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by nk15
Sounds inconvenient but better than imposing 5 days quarantine to UK travelers like Italy just did...
Yeah for sure. GR feels much more normal than UK does right now.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:59 pm

Air France SFO/ATL/CDG/ATH

Another data point, flew on June 19.

SFO checked vaccination card and PLF (email confirmation submitted was fine). Full flight.

ATL Air France needs to recheck docs even boarding pass said docs checked! Did not see small sign (had 55 minute transfer) and lined up at elite line! Got pull out during boarding to check docs at counter! Prem Econ was full with one vacant next to me😁 Econ was probably less than 50 pct (many were sleeping across the entire row). Prem Econ on new A350 was great with good recline, much better than the slide forward ones on 777.

CDG no line at border control. Quick scan of covid. No issue at all. Lounge is still capacity control but shower available, and all seats near charging outlets occupied! QR code for PLF just available and printed pdf onto my phone.

CDG/ATH - flight was full! Short line at border control. Just asked to see covid card and PLF (not even scanning of QR code) and let go. Saw a small line (may be 10?) before exit on the left side waiting for covid test.

ATH to Paros on separate ticket. I printed boarding pass online so never showed covid card. Flight was full.

Paros is full of tourists and most restaurants are open. Hotel still has restrictions, no beach towel and spa closed due to covid, was hoping for a massage! Masks were requested but I am not sure if mandatory. Arrived at restaurant last night totally forgotten the mask but was told don’t worry and seated outside (in door still closed that could be the reason).

Last edited by Alinsfca; Jun 21, 2021 at 9:14 pm
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Interesting that Paros was full of tourists already. I would have expected things to still be somewhat quieter than usual even by now.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Interesting that Paros was full of tourists already. I would have expected things to still be somewhat quieter than usual even by now.
I don’t know what the usual in Naousa is like. The Aegean plane was full on Sunday at 4pm. Looked like there was a big German wedding party on the flight. Four ended up in my SUV carrying their LV luggage!

First night (Sunday) dinner at a restaurant by the water next to the port (not recommended!) at 7:30. I think by 8ish most restaurants in that area are getting filled up (not the one I was at&#128561. There were many restaurants in that square.

Monday night dinner at 7:30 at Yemeni, out door only. It was busy not full at 7:30, you can walk in, but by around 8:30 all tables were taken. I think mostly by American, French and German tourists.

I am going to Santorini next. Tried to get appointment for covid test a week ago (two weeks before testing) for Saturday at central clinic in Fira, it was fully booked and so was Friday! Ended up making an appointment at another clinic further away that I will have to get a cab. I probably can get the antigen test at ATH on Sunday afternoon for early Monday morning flight home but didn’t want to risk it. Will be staying at the Sofitel for 6am flight😥
callmedtop likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.