Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greece - Travel Since Reopening

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Just booked the Hotel Thireas for the Santorini portion of out stay. Will report back when done

https://hotelthireas.gr/
Meant to mention before that the Santorini > Crete ferry does not run daily (at least right now - could change as the tourist season gets into full gear), so be sure to check the schedules before locking in plans. Ferries.gr has been very useful for all our island-hopping needs.
​​​​​​​
Old May 31, 2021, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by thewayofthefuture
Meant to mention before that the Santorini > Crete ferry does not run daily (at least right now - could change as the tourist season gets into full gear), so be sure to check the schedules before locking in plans. Ferries.gr has been very useful for all our island-hopping needs.
Booked ferry before the hotels .... but thanks for the warning!!
thewayofthefuture likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
We traveled IAD-LHR-JMK a few days ago. You have PLF for both UK and Greece, vaccination info for Greece and we needed a rapid antigen test for the UK transit. It was a bit of a mess checking docs on check-in at IAD but the staff handled it well. The transit at LHR was nothing special. Arrival at JMK was a real pain as there was only one agent working the border control desk and it took quite a while but no problems as long as you had PLF and vax info.
Old May 31, 2021, 12:17 pm
bdb

Lovely first night in Crete. Everyone is very friendly. And excited got an increase of tourists.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Do you do the PLF per household or family? Getting conflicting info. I am traveling with a roommate. We live together obviously but are not related.
Old May 31, 2021, 8:23 pm

No conflicting info when checking the appropriate site like here. The word "household" is not mentioned anywhere, instead, the page says: "One PLF should be submitted per family." Obviously, this is also valid for @Biscoff27's question is post #101.
Old May 31, 2021, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by kac2138
Do you do the PLF per household or family? Getting conflicting info. I am traveling with a roommate. We live together obviously but are not related.
Originally Posted by KLouis
No conflicting info when checking the appropriate site like here. The word "household" is not mentioned anywhere, instead, the page says: "One PLF should be submitted per family." Obviously, this is also valid for @Biscoff27's question is post #101.
Household is absolutely mentioned during the process. For example, when registering for the PLF website, you have to check boxes to attest to 3 items, the third of which is "I will submit only one PLF form for my family / household."
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
When going through immigration a couple ahead of us had a similar situation. They were not family but lived together. The agent did not seem bothered either way. Not sure about the airline. I would say in a similar situation, I would fill out separate documents.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The agent in Santotoni simply glanced at my email to see if the number of QR codes on the PLF matched the number of people. He didn't scan them. He paid more attention to the CDC cards.
There were no checks for interisland travel.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:19 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
The agent in Santotoni simply glanced at my email to see if the number of QR codes on the PLF matched the number of people. He didn't scan them. He paid more attention to the CDC cards.
There were no checks for interisland travel.
QR codes are never scanned. If you scan them yourself, you can see it just only shows all the data you gave as input.

It's about the numerical code which is below the QR code, of which the first number determines whether you need to undergo a sample corona test on arrival. On arrival, they will only quickly look at this. This hasn't changed from last year's procedure
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Just do 2 independent. don't bother.
KLouis likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 10:10 am

Question regarding a flight I'm considering booking from LAX - IST - ATH. Will the stopover in Turkey pose any issue/require any additional measures beyond proof of vaccination? Turkey is not listed as a country from which one can enter "without the requirement for self-isolation," so I just want to ensure transiting through Istanbul will not subject us to quarantine upon arrival in Athens.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 11:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by calvinmo
Question regarding a flight I'm considering booking from LAX - IST - ATH. Will the stopover in Turkey pose any issue/require any additional measures beyond proof of vaccination? Turkey is not listed as a country from which one can enter "without the requirement for self-isolation," so I just want to ensure transiting through Istanbul will not subject us to quarantine upon arrival in Athens.
I was following a thread on FB about an American going to Greece very early on in re-opening. One of the only ways he could make the trip was transiting thru IST. I believe it went flawlessly....but still best to do your homework.....as this was several weeks ago.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by wkeough
It seems from this thread that Greece is not looking particularly closely at the name on the CDC card, correct? My wife and I got married in October but wanted to honeymoon in Greece. We are arriving 6/16. Unfortunately, her passport still has her maiden name and it's too late to update. Her vaccination card has her married name. We got a letter and print out of immunization records from her Doctor stating her married and maiden names. We will also plan to bring the marriage license which also displays it. Does anyone anticipate this being an issue? I'm just not sure how strict they are being, since it states full name "must match passport or any other recognized travel document." I am having a hard time finding out what the 'other recognized travel documents' would include.

Thanks so much!
Did you ever get any clarity on this? My wife and I are in the same boat - got married last fall and was unable to change her passport in time. Her CDC card has her married name though. We plan on bringing CDC card, passport, and marriage certificate when we go BOS-ORD-ATH on June 24th.

Anyone have any suggestions? We tried to get a new CDC card but we cannot get one in time, nevermind the numerous hoops we need for a name change.

Maybe we should have a PCR test done before BOS departure just in-case?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
It was in the Greek news today that a tourist arrived with a negative PCR test on Saturday and is now intubated in the ICU of a public hospital....Just a reminder to arrive vaccinated...Private hospitals in Greece do not handle Covid patients AFAIK, so it will be a public one of varying quality....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.