Greece - Travel Since Reopening

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greece - Travel Since Reopening

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 9:38 pm

Traveling to Greece with child

I am traveling in 3 weeks with family, we are all vaccinated expect for our 11 year old. I noticed Greece just changed the rules for 12 and under, and no longer requires a COVID test for entry into Greece. However, nothing was shared about inter-island travel, does anyone have any insight if that also applies for travel within islands? As soon as we land in Athens, we have a flight to Chania 12 hours later, then Mykonos a few days after that. We are just trying to figure out if we should prepare and buy a 3 pack or 6 pack of the Binax rapid tests for our child.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Ucigrad06
I am traveling in 3 weeks with family, we are all vaccinated expect for our 11 year old. I noticed Greece just changed the rules for 12 and under, and no longer requires a COVID test for entry into Greece. However, nothing was shared about inter-island travel, does anyone have any insight if that also applies for travel within islands? As soon as we land in Athens, we have a flight to Chania 12 hours later, then Mykonos a few days after that. We are just trying to figure out if we should prepare and buy a 3 pack or 6 pack of the Binax rapid tests for our child.
For you all you need is vaccine passport.

Otherwise, for travel within islands, you just need to fill out a self test declaration, where basically you are supposed to do a self test on yourself if unvaccinated and certify that it is negative even though they ask for no evidence you actually took the test in the first place!
https://self-testing.gov.gr/covid19-self-test-print.pdf
For ferries you need that and to fill this:
https://sea.travel.gov.gr/#/

I took 2 ferries today and they only checked the form was filled out for the travel declaration, they did not look at the self test declaration form or ask for it.
If you don't do the ferries form they have spare forms which they make you fill out at the entrance of the ferry last minute.

In the end of the day, they just want you on the plane/ferry, so will be quite accomodating.

Quite funny that actually a Captain got arrested for overfilling their ferry, capacity is i think 60% of maximum now.
​​​​​​https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/11...-over-booking/
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: amex plat, delta, aa, united, starwood
I just traveled this morning via Sea Jet ferry from Santorini to Mykonos. The clerk at the ferry office told me no testing was necessary for this because it was island to island... If I was traveling TO ATHENS (mainland), then a test would be necessary. I didn't need to fill out any paperwork other than purchasing the ticket online. I purchased the 6 covid tests online and brought 4 with me on this trip just in case they changed the rules again. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Whiskarina
I just traveled this morning via Sea Jet ferry from Santorini to Mykonos. The clerk at the ferry office told me no testing was necessary for this because it was island to island... If I was traveling TO ATHENS (mainland), then a test would be necessary. I didn't need to fill out any paperwork other than purchasing the ticket online. I purchased the 6 covid tests online and brought 4 with me on this trip just in case they changed the rules again. Hope this helps.
that’s interesting. Will I need a test from Naxos to Athens if flying through the air?

I am also planning Athens to Santorini through airlines, will this need a test?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Lancem504
that’s interesting. Will I need a test from Naxos to Athens if flying through the air?

If no vaccine you either pay 20 EUR for a rapid test to get a certificate or you can 'self declare' a rapid test that you did yourself by filling out the form template they have.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
It's Greece - nobody checks or cares sadly.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:53 am

Masks not required outdoors as of tomorrow, not like half the population was doing so anyway, at least now its official.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Masks not required outdoors as of tomorrow, not like half the population was doing so anyway, at least now its official.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
And no more curfew either after Monday. Outdoors masks still required only for big congested gatherings....

And right on time for the heat wave, 36-41 Celsius in most places, with a 25 overnight low...

Last edited by nk15; Jun 23, 2021 at 11:43 pm
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
It's Greece - nobody checks or cares sadly.
Greece has been an international leader in Covid management throughout the pandemic, unlike the UK where you don't know what you are doing most of the time...Currently Greece has a -41% in Covid cases in the last week trend, and you are up +35%, with 4x more cases per 1 million pop.
justforfun, KLouis and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:52 am

Seajets from Paros to Santorini check ticket only

The only thing they checked was the ticket, nothing else.
When the gangway lowered and after all the cars came out it was like a zoo everyone just started walking onto the ferry. It is amazing that they were even able to check tickets let alone anything else.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
This gets a bit less Greece-specific but ......

Has anyone used the Emed test for US re-entry?

https://united.emed.com/?fbclid=IwAR0TmGRsQvZVxzCbYPujWF0C7KB8Oj3Q1nLBDfUL 4H0PfsDISClg5X52Q0o

got an ad from United about buying this test before departure .... might make it easier than running around Chania trying to find a testing site.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
This gets a bit less Greece-specific but ......

Has anyone used the Emed test for US re-entry?

https://united.emed.com/?fbclid=IwAR0TmGRsQvZVxzCbYPujWF0C7KB8Oj3Q1nLBDfUL 4H0PfsDISClg5X52Q0o

got an ad from United about buying this test before departure .... might make it easier than running around Chania trying to find a testing site.
Watching this--we're slated to travel to Greece in August, and I have my eyes on eMed and the Abbott BinaxNow Ag Card as our reentry test. Several online articles talk about its approval for travel (e.g. https://www.afar.com/magazine/cdc-ap...ational-travel), but curious about the experience around the telehealth supervision that is required by the CDC and how it works outside the U.S.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Lancem504

Originally Posted by Alinsfca
The only thing they checked was the ticket, nothing else.
When the gangway lowered and after all the cars came out it was like a zoo everyone just started walking onto the ferry. It is amazing that they were even able to check tickets let alone anything else.
Nothing is checked or required for travel between the islands or travek FROM the islands to the mainland.

Extra restrictions are only when departing mainland Greece (corona test or vaccine cert).

And yes, gotta love Greek ferries in their chaos and beauty
Old Jun 25, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Sorry, want to make sure that I am understanding everything as I am visiting Greece soon.

We are two fully vaccinated adults with a 10 year-old child (not vaccinated, not eligible).

It appears that anyone under 12 years old does not require any testing to enter Greece. Will we need any testing to take an overnight ferry Piraeus-Rhodes? Then flying back Rhodes to Athens. I know that I'll need negative covid tests for entry back to the US. Really wondering about the ferry more than anything. I've really tried to search and still can't figure it out. Thank you very much!

EDIT: Sorry, just found my answers here: https://www.discovergreece.com/covid...vellers-greece
Adding in case anyone else can benefit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.