Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greece - Travel Since Reopening

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
From those of you who flew back ATH-USA direct, did you have to do any Greek PLFs for exiting Greece? How about this form link by AA? ATTACHMENT A: PASSENGER DISCLOSURE AND ATTESTATION TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (Print-only) (cdc.gov)

Any other paperwork needed other than your negative test results? Do you need passport numbers on the test results?

Anyone arriving at JFK, is there a New York State Covid health declaration form to fill out?

Anyone who flew AA back what time does the AA check in counter opens at ATH? Did anyone use the VeriFLY app successfully?
Just flew ATH-JFK on AA...VeriFLY worked beautifully. Quick check in once they saw the green check. No Greek PLF needed to exit, just a negative test and the US attestation, which is done within the VeriFLY app. Did the rapid antigen test at the Athens airport the night before my flight. A bit disorganized, but it worked. 20 Euros and 1 hour later, had my results. Uploaded them to VeriFLY and they were accepted instantaneously. The test does need to have your passport number on it, from what I can tell. Checked in 3.5 hours before the flight, so the counters are at least open that early. Arriving at JFK, there are no NYS Covid health declaration. Will say that immigration at JFK was embarrassing. One agent on duty to cover Global Entry AND the regular US resident line. Unacceptable. So with GE, took at least 30 minutes to clear immigration.
LETTERBOY and nk15 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
From those of you who flew back ATH-USA direct, did you have to do any Greek PLFs for exiting Greece? How about this form link by AA? ATTACHMENT A: PASSENGER DISCLOSURE AND ATTESTATION TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (Print-only) (cdc.gov)

Any other paperwork needed other than your negative test results? Do you need passport numbers on the test results?

Anyone arriving at JFK, is there a New York State Covid health declaration form to fill out?

Anyone who flew AA back what time does the AA check in counter opens at ATH? Did anyone use the VeriFLY app successfully?

They checked our US attestation and wanted to see our negative test results as checked in on Thursday for ATH-EWR (United)

Our test result had only our names.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by justforfun
Not true. Just returned from three weeks in Greece. In Athens, Mykonos, Corfu and Kalamata. Didn't see a single restaurant or hotel closed.
I guess you were not looking! I was in the Ionian islands from mid-June to early July. Over the three-week period, the (relative) number of open hotels and restaurants was going up, still, in Corfu, about 30-50% of smaller hotels as well as many tavernas were closed. Usually (5) the first choice (hotel) we called 2-3 days before arrival at different islands would give us a room (was never the case that period of the year), with one exception due to the fact that the hotel (in Cefalonia) had changed their "Pet-friendly" policy.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 11:58 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador

Flew ATH-JFK on AA in C on Friday. I had printed copies of my covid test and the CDC form. No Greek PLF needed. Also completed VeriFLY. The check-in agent checked my forms and collected my attestation, I kept my Covid test printout, which had my full name, birth date, and passport number. I checked-in at ATH 105 minutes before my flight, the line at check-in was not a problem, but the line at passport control definitely was. Only could spend about 15 minutes in the lounge designated for C-class passengers, which was not much to write home about anyway. No health declaration at JFK. Also immigration at JFK was awful, no separate processing for Global Entry, so still had to wait in a line after using the kiosk.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

There's no Greek PLF to fill to leave Greece. You need to follow the rules of your destination country (+ the ones of your transit countries if any).
Old Jul 20, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
I just got my PLF QR code. I don't get to Greece for another month and a half. Weird?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 12:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kac2138
I just got my PLF QR code. I don't get to Greece for another month and a half. Weird?
Following a TA forum and quite a few people are saying the same thing.... getting it a week or two in advance.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Not true. Just returned from three weeks in Greece. In Athens, Mykonos, Corfu and Kalamata. Didn't see a single restaurant or hotel closed.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Just flew ATH-JFK on AA...VeriFLY worked beautifully.
Can VeriFLY be used on other airlines?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by david55
Following a TA forum and quite a few people are saying the same thing.... getting it a week or two in advance.
Somebody just got one for a trip the second week of September. It appears you now get the QR fairly soon after submitting the PLF. Very much an improvement.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:51 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Somebody just got one for a trip the second week of September. It appears you now get the QR fairly soon after submitting the PLF. Very much an improvement.
yes confirm I got it 72 hours before not day of flight
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
so im supposed to go to greece august 13th should I do this plf code now?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Amil
so im supposed to go to greece august 13th should I do this plf code now?
Why not?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I did the PLF yesterday for a trip in mid-August and got the QR code immediately. What am I missing?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I did the PLF yesterday for a trip in mid-August and got the QR code immediately. What am I missing?
Prior to the last two days or so you'd only get the QR after midnight Greek time on the day of your arrival. This meant that depending on when you flight left you weren't able to collect your code until you landed in Greece. If you didn't have a data plan or access to wireless it complicated you arrival some not to mention the worry that maybe it didn't arrive while you were in the air. So you aren't missing anything they just improved the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.