Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hello there, the status is valid for 12 months and then for 3 more months if the status couldn't be earned again.
In your example it would be until March 2019. *Ela
I'm sorry Ela that isn't clear, so is it as before. The remaining calendar year followed by a year to requalify and then three months ?

So someone qualifying in June next year would be through until March 2020

It is just that the new website gives three different outcomes (I promise you it does) which lead to my confusion
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:16 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
I'm sorry Ela that isn't clear, so is it as before. The remaining calendar year followed by a year to requalify and then three months ?

It is just that the new website gives three different outcomes (I promise you it does) which lead to my confusion
Hi Dogmatick.

We are checking this again, just to be sure, and we'll let you know shortly. *Sky
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
I was sent an email from that entitled me to 2X miles earned. I registered for the offer and have a flight coming up, however, I did not book the flight - is the offer still good? And do I get double tier miles aswell?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:16 pm

Etihad Airways

Hi there, the validity of the membership is 12 months from the month the guest is signing up/retrieving the status. If the status can't be hold, the guest can enjoy the benefits for 3 more months.
In your example if somebody qualifies is June 2018 for the new status, the guest can enjoy the benefits until September 2019 in case he/she won't be able to hold the status. We hope this helps.*Ela
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:43 pm

Etihad Airways

Originally Posted by DatBoi
I was sent an email from that entitled me to 2X miles earned. I registered for the offer and have a flight coming up, however, I did not book the flight - is the offer still good? And do I get double tier miles aswell?
Hi there, it also depends which fare you book in order to receive the miles. We suggest you check with our Contact Centre which fare would be best for you. Click the link to find your local number. http://www.etihad.com/en-us/about-us...s/our-offices/ *Ela
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
I have a flight coming up in December that I think will qualify me for gold. Are my old tier miles that were earned back when tier miles were valid for two years still valid for the same time.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:43 pm

Etihad Airways

Originally Posted by DatBoi
I have a flight coming up in December that I think will qualify me for gold. Are my old tier miles that were earned back when tier miles were valid for two years still valid for the same time.
Hi there, the tier miles still have the same validity. When you are Etihad Silver member it will be 2,5 years from October 2017. *Ela
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:46 am

Hi there, the tier miles still have the same validity. When you are Etihad Silver member it will be 2,5 years from October 2017. *Ela
Hi Ela - sorry, now I'm confused. I was under the impression that tier miles lasted 12 months, eg. for Etihad Gold you had to get 50,000 tier miles in a 12 month period, not 30 month period?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Hi there, the validity of the membership is 12 months from the month the guest is signing up/retrieving the status. If the status can't be hold, the guest can enjoy the benefits for 3 more months.
In your example if somebody qualifies is June 2018 for the new status, the guest can enjoy the benefits until September 2019 in case he/she won't be able to hold the status. We hope this helps.*Ela
Thank you for clarifying but when was this change brought in? Many of us are in the middle of requalification periods and also upgrades spending money to qualify for the next tier as it holds a bonus of - end of year plus year.

It is a little unfair to bring this in with no notice period whatsoever.

So are you in essence also saying that the calendar year of Jan to Dec is no longer relevant to the Etihad Guest system - again a massive change which needs to be very publicly stated rather than hidden in small print or until one of us flags a question
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
Angry

Originally Posted by British Balikbayan
To be frank, us loyal and frequent travellers don't take kindly to having our intelligence insulted with such corporate waffle.

As somebody who has a had an issue dragging on since January, which I followed up with a formal complaint a few months ago, this attitude leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I certainly haven't received 'an enhanced experience tailored in line with my needs and expectations'. I have so far kept it out of the public domain but my patience is running out after multiple promises to resolve it and asking me to be patient.
Hi there. Do you have a case number we can look into? *Sky
Thank you, Sky. I have sent you a PM with all relevant details.

Mike
Two weeks have now elapsed since I pointed out this ongoing issue to you.

I think the time has come for me to step things up a level. This matter has dragged on since January. Enough is enough!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: EY: Platinum; Skyteam: Elite Plus; HHonors: Diamond; Best Western: Diamond Select
Thank you for clarifying but when was this change brought in? Many of us are in the middle of requalification periods and also upgrades spending money to qualify for the next tier as it holds a bonus of - end of year plus year.

So are you in essence also saying that the calendar year of Jan to Dec is no longer relevant to the Etihad Guest system - again a massive change which needs to be very publicly stated rather than hidden in small print or until one of us flags a question

I got completely different information from them by e-mail last month.

I have posted partly information I received from them here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...d-benefit.html
hope this may help you.

It was quite hard to get someone at Etihad Guest with a good knowledge of their program and took some back and forth emails.
Seems almost noone has full and correct information of their own T&C...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:03 am

Hi there. Apologies to keep you waiting. We are still to hear back from our team . We will let you know as soon as they get back to us. *Sky
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:15 am

Two weeks have now elapsed since I pointed out this ongoing issue to you.

I think the time has come for me to step things up a level. This matter has dragged on since January. Enough is enough!
Hi there. We have replied to your private message. *Sky
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
Hi there. We have replied to your private message. *Sky
I have responded to your PM. What you told me is exactly the same as another Etihad employee told me back in July. It was categorically untrue back then and remains so now. Just because somebody from another department has reported that they have done something, it doesn't always mean they have done it correctly, or even done it at all. Your assertion has not been backed up with any proof or evidence. Conversely, I have supplied a comprehensive amount of evidence in the form of photos, scans and documents, far beyond what should be required.

It feels like I'm going round in circles and waiting and waiting.....

[animated image removed]

It's starting to feel like I need to resort to one or more of the following actions:

• Social media options
  • Make a Youtube video about my 'enhanced' Etihad experience
  • Seek redress through the British court system
  • Involve the aviation authorities

Somebody somewhere at Etihad has made a mistake but nobody seems willing to double check things or take ownership of an error. I have double checked things multiple times. I certainly wouldn't submit a formal complaint or make a post like this without making sure I have my facts right.

I have been patient, I have been honest, I have been loyal and I even spend time telling other passengers the advantages of joining Etihad Guest as well guiding them around AUH airport. Why do I bother?

Mike
Recondite and Travelix like this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 14, 2017 at 9:20 am Reason: Typo, animated image removed by moderator
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:28 am

Etihad Airways

I have responded to your PM. What you told me is exactly the same as another Etihad employee told me back in July. It was categorically untrue back then and remains so now. Just because somebody from another department has reported that they have done something, it doesn't always mean they have done it correctly, or even done it at all. Your assertion has not been backed up with any proof or evidence. Conversely, I have supplied a comprehensive amount of evidence in the form of photos, scans and documents, far beyond what should be required.

It feels like I'm going round in circles and waiting and waiting.....

[animated image removed]

It's starting to feel like I need to resort to one or more of the following actions:

• Social media options
  • Make a Youtube video about my 'enhanced' Etihad experience
  • Seek redress through the British court system
  • Involve the aviation authorities

Somebody somewhere at Etihad has made a mistake but nobody seems willing to double check things or take ownership of an error. I have double checked things multiple times. I certainly wouldn't submit a formal complaint or make a post like this without making sure I have my facts right.

I have been patient, I have been honest, I have been loyal and I even spend time telling other passengers the advantages of joining Etihad Guest as well guiding them around AUH airport. Why do I bother?

Mike
Hello Michael, we have responded to your private message. *Ela

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 14, 2017 at 9:21 am Reason: animated image from quoted text removed by moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.