Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:19 am

Hi, I just wanted to double check something and couldn't find an answer elsewhere. I am an EY gold travelling DUB - LHR - AUH with the DUB - LHR flight being operated by Aer Lingus under a Etihad flight number, all booked on the EY website. All flights in Economy class.

My question is this, do I get any benefits for the EI portion of the journey? Can I:

- use the EI business class counter to check in?
- get fast track access in DUB?
- use any lounge in DUB?
- get priority tags on my luggage?

Additionally, if the EY lounge is open when I am departing DUB, can I use it with the EI flight?

Thanks for any information anyone can give!

Last edited by jah718; Dec 7, 2017 at 4:28 am
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: EY: Platinum; Skyteam: Elite Plus; HHonors: Diamond; Best Western: Diamond Select
Re-Qualification

Dear Etihad Help,

as you may be aware, your homepage and Etihad Guest representatives are giving different information about status validity after (re-)qualification.
It seems too many people at Etihad Guest have too many different information.

Therefore, I would like to get a correct information from you about status validity.

Please answer these questions in detail:

1. Platinum member with valid status until 03/2018 and currently in re-qualification year 01/2017 - 12/2017:
Platinum member will re-qualify for Platinum status in 12/2017 --- how long will the re-qualified Platinum status be valid?

2. Gold member with status valid until 03/2019 :
Gold member will qualify for new Platinum status in January 2018 --- how long will the new Platinum status be valid?

For your reference:
If have asked similar question to Etihad Guest Team by e-mail and I got information that status will be valid for :
Rest of calender year + one year + additional 3 month

Kindly provide detailed information for above 2 questions and/or confirm the statement from your team about status validity (Rest of calendar year + one year + 3 month)

Please do not ask for my Etihad Guest number,
do not ask to send a PM,
do not provide a link to your Etihad Guest website,
or share information how to contact your dedicaded Etihad Guest Team.
Just simple provide clear answers to my questions.

Thank you very much.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
We await with baited breath Hoias, are you familiar with the current thirteen month requalification period that is currently implemented until end Jan 2018.....
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:46 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by gosullivan
Hi Ela,
[email protected] is a useless service. It typically takes a week or more to get even an initial response to a query and several weeks or even months to resolve the query. It used to be the case that this forum would expedite things which was great. Unfortunately it now seems that EtihadHelp is just fobbing users off with that email rather than actively helping. Very disappointing!
Can you please send us your Etihad Guest Number and your flybuys number in a private message? Thank you. *Marc
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, BA Gold
F / J Itinerary

Hello - We are flying JFK - AUH in F and then connecting AUH - JNB in J (no F service on this route). We have an overnight layover, arriving AUH at 8:00p and departing at 10:00a the following day, and will be staying the night at a nearby hotel. As we're flying the highest cabins available on both flights,
1) May we use the First check-in area for the AUH - JNB J flight?
2) Will we have access to the F lounge prior to the AUH - JNB flight?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by jah718
Hi, I just wanted to double check something and couldn't find an answer elsewhere. I am an EY gold travelling DUB - LHR - AUH with the DUB - LHR flight being operated by Aer Lingus under a Etihad flight number, all booked on the EY website. All flights in Economy class.

My question is this, do I get any benefits for the EI portion of the journey? Can I:

- use the EI business class counter to check in?
- get fast track access in DUB?
- use any lounge in DUB?
- get priority tags on my luggage?

Additionally, if the EY lounge is open when I am departing DUB, can I use it with the EI flight?

Thanks for any information anyone can give!
Hi there, since the flight DUB-LHR is not operated by us, you will not be able to use theses services in Dublin. However in London you can use our EY Lounge since the flight is operated by us. *Marc
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:40 am

Eti

Originally Posted by jAAck
Hello - We are flying JFK - AUH in F and then connecting AUH - JNB in J (no F service on this route). We have an overnight layover, arriving AUH at 8:00p and departing at 10:00a the following day, and will be staying the night at a nearby hotel. As we're flying the highest cabins available on both flights,
1) May we use the First check-in area for the AUH - JNB J flight?
2) Will we have access to the F lounge prior to the AUH - JNB flight?
Dear jAAck, kindly proceed to the First Class Lounge as you are considered as a transit guest and you can check-in there. We hope this helps. *Ela
jAAck likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Hi easy newbie question.

Flying VA business from AKL-MEL-PER and wanting to credit to Etihad. I think it's discount business but not sure. Website says I'd earn 150% of miles. The Etihad calculator doesn't allow AKL-MEL. I want to know how many Etihad miles I'll earn for each sector please, or at least where to look.

Thanks.

Last edited by NZbutterfly; Dec 15, 2017 at 5:11 pm Reason: found calculator but still not useful
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Look at this earning chart: https://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-miles/flying.virgin-australia.html
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Hi easy newbie question.

Flying VA business from AKL-MEL-PER and wanting to credit to Etihad. I think it's discount business but not sure. Website says I'd earn 150% of miles. The Etihad calculator doesn't allow AKL-MEL. I want to know how many Etihad miles I'll earn for each sector please, or at least where to look.

Thanks.
Hi NZbutterfly,
We can try and find that out for you. Can you send us your Etihad Guest number in a private message and we'll check with our Etihad Guest Team? Can we also have your ticket number please? *Sky
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: EY: Platinum; Skyteam: Elite Plus; HHonors: Diamond; Best Western: Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Hoias
Dear Etihad Help,

as you may be aware, your homepage and Etihad Guest representatives are giving different information about status validity after (re-)qualification.
It seems too many people at Etihad Guest have too many different information.

Therefore, I would like to get a correct information from you about status validity.

Please answer these questions in detail:

1. Platinum member with valid status until 03/2018 and currently in re-qualification year 01/2017 - 12/2017:
Platinum member will re-qualify for Platinum status in 12/2017 --- how long will the re-qualified Platinum status be valid?

2. Gold member with status valid until 03/2019 :
Gold member will qualify for new Platinum status in January 2018 --- how long will the new Platinum status be valid?

For your reference:
If have asked similar question to Etihad Guest Team by e-mail and I got information that status will be valid for :
Rest of calender year + one year + additional 3 month

Kindly provide detailed information for above 2 questions and/or confirm the statement from your team about status validity (Rest of calendar year + one year + 3 month)

Please do not ask for my Etihad Guest number,
do not ask to send a PM,
do not provide a link to your Etihad Guest website,
or share information how to contact your dedicaded Etihad Guest Team.
Just simple provide clear answers to my questions.

Thank you very much.

Dear Etihad Help,
thank you for your answer - NOT!
at least a short reply from your side would have been nice!
Meanwhile 2017 is almost over, and it seems you are going to sit this out until 2018 - so you do not have to answer above questions anymore.

FYI: due to your unability to reply to my questions, I just booked THREE Business Class Return Flights with your competitors.
These flights typically would have been booked with Etihad Airways!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:37 am

Etihad Airways

Originally Posted by Hoias
Dear Etihad Help,
thank you for your answer - NOT!
at least a short reply from your side would have been nice!
Meanwhile 2017 is almost over, and it seems you are going to sit this out until 2018 - so you do not have to answer above questions anymore.

FYI: due to your unability to reply to my questions, I just booked THREE Business Class Return Flights with your competitors.
These flights typically would have been booked with Etihad Airways!
Hello, apologies that nobody got back to you.
We actually did check with our team and they informed us that the new tier validity change communicated to all the guests the validity for guest who is upgrading, maintain and downgrading will be 12 months + 2 months bonus. The same will apply to your query. so the information that the status will be valid for the rest of the calendar year is not true anymore since October this year. We hope this helps. *Ela
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Hi Etihad Help

Quick question about the Moonlight Check-in service during December at AUH.

Are there special counters for this or can you just check-in as normal during the 4am-6am window at the T3 Business and First Class counters to avail of the extra benefits? Primary for me is the 2500 miles. If I check -in at 5:50am at the First Class counters will I get the 2500 miles and DF vouchers?
​​​​​​

Use Moonlight Check-in - https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/info/pe...​​
Try our ‘Moonlight Check-in’ service at Abu Dhabi Airport in Terminal 3. All Etihad Airways flights can check in four to eight hours before their departure.
Check-in is open between 4am - 6am, and 4pm - 6pm from 12 - 24 December.
Moonlight Check-in rewards you with an additional 5kg of checked baggage, 2,500 Etihad Guest Miles and vouchers for selected Duty Free and food and beverage outlets.

Thanks
​​​​​​​JayCee1966
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hello, apologies that nobody got back to you.
We actually did check with our team and they informed us that the new tier validity change communicated to all the guests the validity for guest who is upgrading, maintain and downgrading will be 12 months + 2 months bonus. The same will apply to your query. so the information that the status will be valid for the rest of the calendar year is not true anymore since October this year. We hope this helps. *Ela
Dear Ela,
thanks for reply.
I am sure you are aware that the Etihad Guest website still shows different information than your statement. It should not be so hard to find the different statements on your own homepage. Good luck with that.
Furthermore, the statement "rest of calender year + 12 month + 3month" which I got from your dedicated Team is from October this year.

Anyway, good luck for the future, hopefully someone will soon start to check all the T&C and FAQs on your homepage (and update your team with current and actual information).
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:53 am

Etihad Airways

Originally Posted by JayCee1966
Hi Etihad Help

Quick question about the Moonlight Check-in service during December at AUH.

Are there special counters for this or can you just check-in as normal during the 4am-6am window at the T3 Business and First Class counters to avail of the extra benefits? Primary for me is the 2500 miles. If I check -in at 5:50am at the First Class counters will I get the 2500 miles and DF vouchers?
​​​​​​

Use Moonlight Check-in - https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/info/pe...​​
Try our ‘Moonlight Check-in’ service at Abu Dhabi Airport in Terminal 3. All Etihad Airways flights can check in four to eight hours before their departure.
Check-in is open between 4am - 6am, and 4pm - 6pm from 12 - 24 December.
Moonlight Check-in rewards you with an additional 5kg of checked baggage, 2,500 Etihad Guest Miles and vouchers for selected Duty Free and food and beverage outlets.

Thanks
​​​​​​​JayCee1966
Hello, apologies for the late response. Please find all information here:Moonlight check-in will be available between 12 December and 24 December at Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal 3 (counters 75-80) during the following times:
  • 0400-0600 (UAE LT)
  • 1600-1800 (UAE LT)
Guests willing to check-in between 4 to 8 hours from scheduled departure during moonlight hours (time specified above) will be rewarded with the following incentives:
  • 2,500 Etihad Guest Miles
  • 5 kilos additional checked baggage allowance
  • Discount voucher on Food and Beverage/Duty Free at AUH International Airport
Moonlight check-in facility will also be available for ID50 confirmed ticketed staff guests and will be eligible for the 5 kilos additional checked baggage allowance and Discount voucher on Food and Beverage/Duty Free at AUH International Airport.
Moonlight check-in restrictions:
  • Moonlight check-in is not available at City Terminal or Etihad Travel Mall.
  • Moonlight check-in is available on Etihad Operated Flights only.
We hope this helps. *Ela

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.