Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 4:36 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by pop311
PM sent. Thank you!
Thank you. *Yas
Old May 25, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest, Air Berlin Top Bonus, Royal Orchid, Bangkok Airways Flyer Bonus
Question to EtihadHelp:

I am having trouble upgrading a flight from economy to business class when there clearly should be availability in fare class "I" at least according to the Etihad website. I've spoken to three different call centre agents both at the German call centre and the one in Abu Dhabi, but they all were not able to locate seats for upgrade possibility:

I am booked on a return flight DUS-AUH-KUL-LGK this Summer. As I had to fly on the first day of school holiday here,at the time of booking there was only Economy Flex for the outbound flight in economy available, but in business class there were still lots of seats in Business Saver available (seems quite logical given the circumstances), so I booked a mixed cabin flight outbound on business and the return flight in economy with the intent to upgrade at least one of the longer legs with my miles (as the flight will be mid-week during holiday season I thought I wouldn't run into trouble doing that). Shortly after booking the flight I noticed that there was no upgrade possibility for my favourite option AUH to DUS on EY 23. I didn't bother at first and was able to get the upgrade on the KUL - AUH leg. A few weeks later I checked again if any seats on fare I had opened up for the last leg. I checked on the Etihad website under "Book flights with miles" and checked if there had any guest seats opened up on my date on EY23. I was really glad when I saw there were guest seats avaliable on my flight so I thought I wouldn't have any problems upgrading the AUH - DUS leg as well. I purchased the few miles my Etihad Guest account was short of the sum I needed to upgrade and phoned the German call centre (as I booked mixed cabin seats and also have one flight operated by MH, upgrading through the website is definitely not possible). To my astonishment the call centre agent couldn't find any seats for upgrade possibilities (even though I saw guest seat availability on the website for the 6th day in a row). I tried my luck at the call centre in Abu Dhabi, but again they hadn't the seats in their system that I was clearly seeing on my screen. My last try so far was after a message on the Etihad Facebook page and a call back by an Etihad employee. Again he couldn't see any seats open, but at least he admitted that I was right in thinking that when there are guest seats on the desired flight in the desired class available, I should be able to upgrade my booking. All he could do though is putting me on a waiting list and advise me to try again in a few weeks or at the airport (meanwhile each time I check again the guest seats are still there).
I am really not sure what I should do to secure the upgrade, hopefully you can give me some hints. Thanks in advance for help.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:44 pm

Hi Sven,
could you send us your booking reference via private message, along with your phone number, and advise the desired upgrade leg? We will check with our team and let you know. *Sky

Originally Posted by SvenFromGermany
Question to EtihadHelp:

I am having trouble upgrading a flight from economy to business class when there clearly should be availability in fare class "I" at least according to the Etihad website. I've spoken to three different call centre agents both at the German call centre and the one in Abu Dhabi, but they all were not able to locate seats for upgrade possibility:

I am booked on a return flight DUS-AUH-KUL-LGK this Summer. As I had to fly on the first day of school holiday here,at the time of booking there was only Economy Flex for the outbound flight in economy available, but in business class there were still lots of seats in Business Saver available (seems quite logical given the circumstances), so I booked a mixed cabin flight outbound on business and the return flight in economy with the intent to upgrade at least one of the longer legs with my miles (as the flight will be mid-week during holiday season I thought I wouldn't run into trouble doing that). Shortly after booking the flight I noticed that there was no upgrade possibility for my favourite option AUH to DUS on EY 23. I didn't bother at first and was able to get the upgrade on the KUL - AUH leg. A few weeks later I checked again if any seats on fare I had opened up for the last leg. I checked on the Etihad website under "Book flights with miles" and checked if there had any guest seats opened up on my date on EY23. I was really glad when I saw there were guest seats avaliable on my flight so I thought I wouldn't have any problems upgrading the AUH - DUS leg as well. I purchased the few miles my Etihad Guest account was short of the sum I needed to upgrade and phoned the German call centre (as I booked mixed cabin seats and also have one flight operated by MH, upgrading through the website is definitely not possible). To my astonishment the call centre agent couldn't find any seats for upgrade possibilities (even though I saw guest seat availability on the website for the 6th day in a row). I tried my luck at the call centre in Abu Dhabi, but again they hadn't the seats in their system that I was clearly seeing on my screen. My last try so far was after a message on the Etihad Facebook page and a call back by an Etihad employee. Again he couldn't see any seats open, but at least he admitted that I was right in thinking that when there are guest seats on the desired flight in the desired class available, I should be able to upgrade my booking. All he could do though is putting me on a waiting list and advise me to try again in a few weeks or at the airport (meanwhile each time I check again the guest seats are still there).
I am really not sure what I should do to secure the upgrade, hopefully you can give me some hints. Thanks in advance for help.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest, Air Berlin Top Bonus, Royal Orchid, Bangkok Airways Flyer Bonus
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi Sven,
could you send us your booking reference via private message, along with your phone number, and advise the desired upgrade leg? We will check with our team and let you know. *Sky
PM sent, thank you for your assistance. Sven
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:43 pm
ucd

Rebooking to another destination due to travel ban

Dear EtihadHelp,

I have booked a flight to China for the upcoming July through a travel agency.
A few days after booking I have realized that I will not be able to get a visa due to the political tension between China and my home country. Before booking the flight I had checked the visa procedure on the website of Chinese Visa Application Service Center (official service provider of Chinese consulates) and there were no hints/warnings for the citizens of any particular country.

There are reports on some media channels how consistently visa applications are getting rejected and even people with a valid visa are refused at the passport control China. I know that the visa topic is the responsibility of the passenger. But we are talking about an extraordinary situation here (an unofficial travel ban for passport holders of a certain country).

Under these circumstances I contacted the travel agency and asked the conditions for a) cancellation of the ticket and b) rebooking to another destination. According to the travel agency, I will not get the ticket refund because of my ticket category.
And for changing my flight to another destination, the rebooking fee of Etihad + rebooking fee of the travel agent + ticket price difference will sum up to more than 400 €.

So, I am trying to find a solution to reduce this rebooking cost. Unfortunately, global contact center refuses to make any changes and tells me to contact the travel agency. I cannot make the contact center to get someone like a claim responsible on the line.

Would Etihad give a customer-friendly decision in such an extraordinary case and omit the rebooking fee? Of course, I need to pay the ticket difference.

I am aware that the visa topic is within the responsibility of the passenger. But in my case it was not possible to get informed by the visa and entry problems through official channels. Thus, it is an extraordinary situation, i.e. a travel ban arising from a political struggle between two countries.
I have noticed this unusual situation one and a half months before the flight and informed Etihad immediately. Under these circumstances I would appreciate if Etihad would decide for a waiver for the regular rebooking fee for my ticket category.

Thank you for your response in advance.

Best regards,
ucd
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:12 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We do understand that the visa is a delicate situation, however as the ticket was not booked through us directly we will not be able to assist you on this occasion, unfortunately.
Kindly try to liaise with your travel agent, as they are the only ones able to modify your ticket. Thank you for understanding. *Sky

Originally Posted by ucd
Dear EtihadHelp,

I have booked a flight to China for the upcoming July through a travel agency.
A few days after booking I have realized that I will not be able to get a visa due to the political tension between China and my home country. Before booking the flight I had checked the visa procedure on the website of Chinese Visa Application Service Center (official service provider of Chinese consulates) and there were no hints/warnings for the citizens of any particular country.

There are reports on some media channels how consistently visa applications are getting rejected and even people with a valid visa are refused at the passport control China. I know that the visa topic is the responsibility of the passenger. But we are talking about an extraordinary situation here (an unofficial travel ban for passport holders of a certain country).

Under these circumstances I contacted the travel agency and asked the conditions for a) cancellation of the ticket and b) rebooking to another destination. According to the travel agency, I will not get the ticket refund because of my ticket category.
And for changing my flight to another destination, the rebooking fee of Etihad + rebooking fee of the travel agent + ticket price difference will sum up to more than 400 €.

So, I am trying to find a solution to reduce this rebooking cost. Unfortunately, global contact center refuses to make any changes and tells me to contact the travel agency. I cannot make the contact center to get someone like a claim responsible on the line.

Would Etihad give a customer-friendly decision in such an extraordinary case and omit the rebooking fee? Of course, I need to pay the ticket difference.

I am aware that the visa topic is within the responsibility of the passenger. But in my case it was not possible to get informed by the visa and entry problems through official channels. Thus, it is an extraordinary situation, i.e. a travel ban arising from a political struggle between two countries.
I have noticed this unusual situation one and a half months before the flight and informed Etihad immediately. Under these circumstances I would appreciate if Etihad would decide for a waiver for the regular rebooking fee for my ticket category.

Thank you for your response in advance.

Best regards,
ucd
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:13 pm
ucd

Rebooking to another destination due to travel ban

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We do understand that the visa is a delicate situation, however as the ticket was not booked through us directly we will not be able to assist you on this occasion, unfortunately.
Kindly try to liaise with your travel agent, as they are the only ones able to modify your ticket. Thank you for understanding. *Sky
Hi EtihadHelp,

Thank you for your response.

I do understand that according to the "normal" procedure I should do a rebooking through the travel agent. But as you see, it is an extraordinary situation and I assume that Etihad could surely intervene in such a case and do the rebooking directly.

But alright, Etihad wants to stick to their normal procedure even in the above explained situation with the travel ban.
Still, Etihad could help me by making the customer-friendly decision for a waiver for the regular rebooking fee. Etihad's rebooking fee for my ticket category is 205€.

I understand that in an ordinary case, this is the condition for rebooking of an "Economy Deal" category. But for the above described unusual case, I expect such a big airline can accept the rebooking without charging this fee to the customer.
The travel agent has already informed me that Etihad can write a comment into the booking that they let to change the ticket without rebooking fee. In this case the travel agent will do the rebooking accordingly.
So, can you please inform me if someone at Etihad could decide for such a waiver?

If your answer is negative, please tell me:
When would for God's sake Etihad decide for a waiver, if not in a situation like this? (Travel ban for passport holders of a certain country!)
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by ucd
Hi EtihadHelp,

Thank you for your response.

I do understand that according to the "normal" procedure I should do a rebooking through the travel agent. But as you see, it is an extraordinary situation and I assume that Etihad could surely intervene in such a case and do the rebooking directly.

But alright, Etihad wants to stick to their normal procedure even in the above explained situation with the travel ban.
Still, Etihad could help me by making the customer-friendly decision for a waiver for the regular rebooking fee. Etihad's rebooking fee for my ticket category is 205€.

I understand that in an ordinary case, this is the condition for rebooking of an "Economy Deal" category. But for the above described unusual case, I expect such a big airline can accept the rebooking without charging this fee to the customer.
The travel agent has already informed me that Etihad can write a comment into the booking that they let to change the ticket without rebooking fee. In this case the travel agent will do the rebooking accordingly.
So, can you please inform me if someone at Etihad could decide for such a waiver?

If your answer is negative, please tell me:
When would for God's sake Etihad decide for a waiver, if not in a situation like this? (Travel ban for passport holders of a certain country!)
Hey there,

We understand your disappointment; however thickets have significant restrictions and we are not in position to assist you further. Thank you *Neo
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:50 am

Is it possible to checkl online, how long the EY guest status is valid and how many tiers/miles you need to requalify at that time?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by thbe
Is it possible to checkl online, how long the EY guest status is valid and how many tiers/miles you need to requalify at that time?

Hi thbe , kindly check the Guest miles section on the following link to know about the miles validity http://bit.ly/2giPx2J
With regards to requalification of your membership level, kindly choose your membership lever on the following link to know the information about how to retain your tier status: http://bit.ly/1NlpQYe

*Yas
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Is there a way to search online if Etihad is access to award seats on Oman Air? Or is this something that I have to call in and have an agent search for me and relay the information back. Can I put a hold on an Oman Air ticket so that I could transfer points into my Etihad account? Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by fauxreals
Is there a way to search online if Etihad is access to award seats on Oman Air? Or is this something that I have to call in and have an agent search for me and relay the information back. Can I put a hold on an Oman Air ticket so that I could transfer points into my Etihad account? Thanks!
Hi there,
To make a Reward booking on Oman Air, please contact Etihad Guest Service Centre at least 24 hours prior to your intended date of travel. Flights that are both operated and marketed by Oman Air, except charter flights, are available for redemption.
You can find the Etihad Guest Service Center contact details here: http://www.etihadguest.com/en/contact-us/

Thanks *Sky
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Hi EtihadHelp,
Is there an interline baggage agreement between Oman Air and EY, in which I fly on two separate tickets starting my journey with Omanair and connecting to EY via MCT to AUH?

Thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:32 am

Hi there,

Could you please contact us via private message with more details about your travel itinerary? *Sky

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Hi EtihadHelp,
Is there an interline baggage agreement between Oman Air and EY, in which I fly on two separate tickets starting my journey with Omanair and connecting to EY via MCT to AUH?

Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:17 pm

Hey EtihadHelp
Can you please clarify if this policy still applies:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/etihad-clam...ecting-flights

I will be holding two separate EY tickets on EY flights if that matters. And no I haven't booked. If this ridiculous and myopic policy turns out still in force then I will book with EK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.