Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:13 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Hey EtihadHelp
Can you please clarify if this policy still applies:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/etihad-clam...ecting-flights

I will be holding two separate EY tickets on EY flights if that matters. And no I haven't booked. If this ridiculous and myopic policy turns out still in force then I will book with EK.
Hi edy4eva, that's correct. What is the connecting time between the two fights? *Yas
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi edy4eva, that's correct. What is the connecting time between the two fights? *Yas
Thanks for the clarification.
It will be 625AM to 1030AM

I realise it's enough time but the fact it involves clearing immigration/customs then going back to check in then security means much less time spent in a lounge, and a major inconvenience for a travelling family.

I am not sure about the logic behind it although it might be reasonable to think that it originated from having different baggage zones (weight/piece concepts) and that some passengers were transferring between these zones which complicated baggage acceptance at check-in.

The policy needs to be revised to exclude those who hold tickets from/to markets where the baggage allowance is identical (e.g. piece concept zones), as long as they're EY flights.

Last edited by edy4eva; Jul 7, 2017 at 6:20 am
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Thanks for the clarification.
It will be 625AM to 1030AM

I realise it's enough time but the fact it involves clearing immigration/customs then going back to check in then security means much less time spent in a lounge, and a major inconvenience for a travelling family.

I am not sure about the logic behind it although it might be reasonable to think that it originated from having different baggage zones (weight/piece concepts) and that some passengers were transferring between these zones which complicated baggage acceptance at check-in.

The policy needs to be revised to exclude those who hold tickets from/to markets where the baggage allowance is identical (e.g. piece concept zones), as long as they're EY flights.
Could you kindly send us your booking references via private message so we can double check this with our team? *Sky
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Transiting through AUH

Dear Etihad , has transiting through security in AUH improved yet. Is there a separate line for First, business, platinums and gold's yet . On my last 4 visits I requested a wheelchair , and even though it wasn't needed , was through in 5 minutes. I have another flight booked next month , and as mentioned on another thread , will be using this cunning trick again ,unless I hear of an improvement. It really is a total shambles .
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
Im still waiting for my Compensation of delayed baggage. Its 62USD, why arent you paying it since 3 weeks. All documents necessarry are provided.
RQID:559976
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by PatongPilot
Im still waiting for my Compensation of delayed baggage. Its 62USD, why arent you paying it since 3 weeks. All documents necessarry are provided.
RQID:559976
Hi PatongPilot, we will send a follow up request to our Baggage Claims team to contact you as soon as possible with the updates. Thanks *Yas
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by tommy123
Dear Etihad , has transiting through security in AUH improved yet. Is there a separate line for First, business, platinums and gold's yet . On my last 4 visits I requested a wheelchair , and even though it wasn't needed , was through in 5 minutes. I have another flight booked next month , and as mentioned on another thread , will be using this cunning trick again ,unless I hear of an improvement. It really is a total shambles .
Hi tommy123, unfortunately security check is under airport control. You will need to go through the same security check counter. *Yas
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi tommy123, unfortunately security check is under airport control. You will need to go through the same security check counter. *Yas
Etihad is the only customer at this terminal with transit customers, you can dictate this and station a member of staff there to enforce it. You are choosing not to.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Hi EtihadHelp,
Quick question, I'm booked on EY, JFK-AUH in Business on Aug 4th. I'd like to sit in a window seat, at the moment all are booked apart from 8a and 8k, which are blocked. The phone agent said they would open up before departure. Would you happen to have any information on when, or how to book these seats?
Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:49 am

Hi EtihadHelp,

I have a question regarding baggage allowance.
If I book HYD to AUH to ORD with first segment on economy and second segment on business using AA miles, what will be baggage allowance.
Will it be 32 kgs per bag as per business (second segment), or 23 kgs per bag as per economy (first segment).

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:51 am

Hi there,

could we please have your booking reference via private message so we can check for you? *Sky

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Hi EtihadHelp,
Quick question, I'm booked on EY, JFK-AUH in Business on Aug 4th. I'd like to sit in a window seat, at the moment all are booked apart from 8a and 8k, which are blocked. The phone agent said they would open up before departure. Would you happen to have any information on when, or how to book these seats?
Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:09 am

Hi there, could we have your booking reference via private message and we will check the baggage allowance for you. *Sky

Originally Posted by easygoing77
Hi EtihadHelp,

I have a question regarding baggage allowance.
If I book HYD to AUH to ORD with first segment on economy and second segment on business using AA miles, what will be baggage allowance.
Will it be 32 kgs per bag as per business (second segment), or 23 kgs per bag as per economy (first segment).

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:07 pm

Hi EtihadHelp,
Thanks
Hi there, this will be available closer to your travel date. Kindly send us your booking reference to [email protected] and we will be able to assist you with this. *Rose
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by tommy123
You need to mention to one of the ground staff that you're in F/J and they usually waive you in at the left-most security check point.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:15 am

Hi EtihadHelp,
Thanks
Hi there, we have replied to your private message. Thanks *Sky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.