Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:36 pm

AUH stopover

Following on from my previous post - whilst accepting that it is completely subjective - do people consider it is worth spending 2 nights in Abu Dhabi, or would those 2 nights be better spent in Oz?

I've never been to Abu Dhabi, but to me it doesn't seem to have the 'draw' of HKG or SIN. Any views?
Luke

Last edited by lukehillwalker; Jul 23, 2016 at 3:12 am Reason: spelling correction
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:37 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by lukehillwalker
Dear Etihad Help

I am planning to fly DUB-MEL-DUB next March in business saver. I was considering making a 2 night stopover at AUH on the outward leg, and so consulted the Etihad website.

Can you please explain the difference between the two options: "Abu Dhabi" stopover & "Premium" stopover?

As far as I can see either is minimum 2 nights. With "Abu Dhabi" I get to choose a hotel I want and get " 2 nights for the price of 1" with the price clearly stated.

With "Premium" I fill out a form, giving my top 2 choices, and someone will contact me within 48hrs (?!?) to organise the hotel. No hotel prices are listed, but I understand I will have to pay for 1 night?

So my question is - what is the advantage of "Premium" over "Abu Dhabi"?
Luke

Hi Luke, Kindly note that Essential Abu Dhabi Stopover if you stay a minimum of two nights through Hala Abu Dhabi with a confirmed return transiting ticket in Abu Dhabi you have one night complementary stay . This offer applied to Economy, First and Business Class tickets while with Premium Stopover, if you are a First or Business Class with a confirmed transiting ticket on return tickets you will have complementary stay in a 5 star hotels. For First class passenger, they have eligibility of 2 complementary nights while on Business Class will be 1 complementary night stay.

For further information about the offer, please visit our website at http://bit.ly/1ip68tO for your reference.

Regards,
*Yas
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi Luke, Kindly note that Essential Abu Dhabi Stopover if you stay a minimum of two nights through Hala Abu Dhabi with a confirmed return transiting ticket in Abu Dhabi you have one night complementary stay . This offer applied to Economy, First and Business Class tickets while with Premium Stopover, if you are a First or Business Class with a confirmed transiting ticket on return tickets you will have complementary stay in a 5 star hotels. For First class passenger, they have eligibility of 2 complementary nights while on Business Class will be 1 complementary night stay.

Regards,
*Yas
Thanks Etihadhelp - but I still dont understand the difference between the two stopover packages for a Business pax. Both Essential & Premium offer two nights stay with one night free of charge
Luke
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HH Gold, Etihad Silver
Thanks Etihadhelp - but I still dont understand the difference between the two stopover packages for a Business pax. Both Essential & Premium offer two nights stay with one night free of charge
Luke
For essential stopover you have to stay a minimum of 2 nights, Etihad pays for one, you pay for the rest. For premium stopover, you can just stay the 1 night which Etihad will pay for.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by hzv5wk
For essential stopover you have to stay a minimum of 2 nights, Etihad pays for one, you pay for the rest. For premium stopover, you can just stay the 1 night which Etihad will pay for.
Aha - that makes perfect sense now! Thank you. Unfortunately I just booked my tickets yesterday without a stopover, so too late !
Regards
Luke
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:56 am

Regarding Transit at UAH Terminal 3

Dear EtihadHelp
I thought I'd posted this question before but it seems to have disappeared.

We will have a 2 hour transit at AUH on our way from DUB to MEL:

1. Will our hand luggage have to be re-screened by security between the 2 flights?

2. If so, will duty free alcohol bought at DUB be confiscated?

3. Will 2 hours give us enough time to visit the Lounge at AUH - presuming the incoming flight arrives on time?

Regards Luke
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:51 pm

Hi Luke, thank you for reaching out to us today. In order to assist you could you please send us your booking reference via private message? Thank you *Maria
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:35 pm

Hi EthiadHelp.
I have sent you a PM (I think)
Luke
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HH Gold, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear hzv5wk

Thanks for getting in touch today, we will certainly check this out with our team, we would kindly ask you to send us your Etihad guest number and booking reference in relation to this flight, we will update you as soon as possible *Gill
I supplied the information requested on 6 July but have heard nothing more. Do you have any service standards for how long customers should expect to wait to receive a reply? This should be a simple thing - you can see from my account the miles appearing from the MBNA card and can also see the miles appearing from the flight. The terms and conditions of the credit card state this should upgrade my account to Silver tier yet you can see it has not happened.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by hzv5wk
I supplied the information requested on 6 July but have heard nothing more. Do you have any service standards for how long customers should expect to wait to receive a reply? This should be a simple thing - you can see from my account the miles appearing from the MBNA card and can also see the miles appearing from the flight. The terms and conditions of the credit card state this should upgrade my account to Silver tier yet you can see it has not happened.
Dear hzv5wk,

We are sorry for the late response. We can see our Etihad Guest is following this up with your bank. Once we had an update, we will let you know. We have also sent an urgent reminder to the team to fast track your issue.

Thank you for your patience again. *Jiaqi
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Dear EtihadHelp
I thought I'd posted this question before but it seems to have disappeared.

We will have a 2 hour transit at AUH on our way from DUB to MEL:

1. Will our hand luggage have to be re-screened by security between the 2 flights?

2. If so, will duty free alcohol bought at DUB be confiscated?

3. Will 2 hours give us enough time to visit the Lounge at AUH - presuming the incoming flight arrives on time?

Regards Luke
Hi Luke

yes your hand luggage will be re-screened. If your duty free is sealed you will be ok. I did this last week ex Dub no problem at all.

Totally depends on your flight and if its on time. The flight ex Dublin usually goes onto a bus stand so that adds maybe 10/15 min onto the transfer but on the plus side security has been quick recently. If you land with two hours until your next flight you will definitely get to use the lounge. id suggest going straight to the shower area if you want one as you may have to wait (they give you a pager)

mark
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by irish mark
Hi Luke

yes your hand luggage will be re-screened. If your duty free is sealed you will be ok. I did this last week ex Dub no problem at all.

mark
Thanks for this info Mark. I got a PM from EtihadHelp stating the hand baggage would not be rescreened which is obviously at odds with your first hand experience, but whichever way it pans out it looks like all will be well!
Luke
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:11 am

Hello EtihadHelp!

Came across this board while googling for an answer and thought this should be as good a place as any other to ask. I'm flying economy through Abu Dhabi on my way to Seoul and I'll be spending 16 hours there while on transit. Now, according to your FAQ flyers on long transits over in Abu Dhabi may be eligible for a complimentary hotel stay. Would you kindly confirm and clarify where can I make the request?

Thank you.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by JavierRodriguez
Hello EtihadHelp!

Came across this board while googling for an answer and thought this should be as good a place as any other to ask. I'm flying economy through Abu Dhabi on my way to Seoul and I'll be spending 16 hours there while on transit. Now, according to your FAQ flyers on long transits over in Abu Dhabi may be eligible for a complimentary hotel stay. Would you kindly confirm and clarify where can I make the request?

Thank you.
Hi Javier, thanks for reaching out. Could you drop us a PM with your booking reference please. We'll check it and get back to you. *Fabio
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:21 am

Dear EtihadHelp,

I am airberlin Platinum card holder and am wondering under which conditions I will be able to use the newly opened Etihad First Lounge. Is it available for airberlin and Etihad departures or for Etihad operated flights only, excluding partners?

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.