Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 7:21 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by MKB
I originally posted on here:

You have now replied to say:

What was the point of asking me to contact you directly? You could have just replied with this after my posting to this thread.

I understood American Airlines was acting as an agent here and that our contract is with Etihad. Is that not the case?

Chauffeur transfers were an entitlement at the time our first-class flights were ticketed. Please can you explain how Etihad is able to renege on this part of the contract after the date the contract has come in to force?
All your tickets have been re-issued after 10th, of August and there has been a review in offerings for guest holding American Airline tickets redeeming their miles on Etihad operated flights. Chauffeur service will no longer be part of the redemption while all other premium products & services offering remains unchanged.

*Yas
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: SPG Platinum,HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi isle11, we will check with our Etihad Guest team and get back to you. *Yas
Yas, I see you signing for the Facebook private messages also. I assume your team is like a ''bridge'' between Etihadguest and customers.

Why is it difficult for you guys to give simple answers, like the one I asked you about the tier miles calculations & the consequent status achieving possibilities.I assume etihadguest program is integral part of Etihad, and you don't have to take the pain of collecting our FF details for these simple queries, I dont know what you can check against my FF account... The general question of mine could be the future questions for many others, whom will find your answer useful ( provided you give one ). Like the tripadvisors FAQ...!! I hope you get what Im trying to say..!

If if I have a very specific question like missing miles, its obvious that my input is needed, but not for the question I asked here..!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:51 am
MKB

All your tickets have been re-issued after 10th, of August and there has been a review in offerings for guest holding American Airline tickets redeeming their miles on Etihad operated flights. Chauffeur service will no longer be part of the redemption while all other premium products & services offering remains unchanged.

*Yas
I have had not spoken to American Airlines since last May so this re-ticketing is news to me. Can you tell me whether AA or Etihad triggered the re-ticketing and why?

UPDATE: I've just spoken to AA and they tell me that they are required to re-ticket every time Etihad issue a schedule change. Each re-ticketing is because Etihad has adjusted the times of flights by just a few minutes. They say that their own practice for such involuntary re-ticketing is to apply benefits based on the date of the last voluntary change leading to re-ticketing and would expect Etihad to do the same. Please can you explain why this is not happening?

Last edited by MKB; Dec 12, 2016 at 5:42 am
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:41 pm

Hi there. We always have to check with our concerned department before being able to give you a specific answer on this as we are not the ones handling directly the Etihad Guest program. We would appreciate your understanding on this. Please rest assured, as soon as our Etihad Guest team gets back to us, we'll let you know. *Sky

Originally Posted by isle11
Yas, I see you signing for the Facebook private messages also. I assume your team is like a ''bridge'' between Etihadguest and customers.

Why is it difficult for you guys to give simple answers, like the one I asked you about the tier miles calculations & the consequent status achieving possibilities.I assume etihadguest program is integral part of Etihad, and you don't have to take the pain of collecting our FF details for these simple queries, I dont know what you can check against my FF account... The general question of mine could be the future questions for many others, whom will find your answer useful ( provided you give one ). Like the tripadvisors FAQ...!! I hope you get what Im trying to say..!

If if I have a very specific question like missing miles, its obvious that my input is needed, but not for the question I asked here..!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:16 pm

We have asked the Reservations Team to have a look on this issue. As soon as we have more details, we will inform you straight away! *Sky

Originally Posted by MKB
I have had not spoken to American Airlines since last May so this re-ticketing is news to me. Can you tell me whether AA or Etihad triggered the re-ticketing and why?

UPDATE: I've just spoken to AA and they tell me that they are required to re-ticket every time Etihad issue a schedule change. Each re-ticketing is because Etihad has adjusted the times of flights by just a few minutes. They say that their own practice for such involuntary re-ticketing is to apply benefits based on the date of the last voluntary change leading to re-ticketing and would expect Etihad to do the same. Please can you explain why this is not happening?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:51 pm

We have just heard back from our team who informed us that even if the change was involuntary, unfortunately since there was no confirmed limo booking before August 10, we cannot provide the limo service.
As per the new policy it will not allow any limo booking after August 10. If there was a confirmed limo before the involuntary reissue, we could make an exception, but the team has noticed it was only on December 2nd. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you *Sky

Originally Posted by MKB

Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:49 am
MKB

We have just heard back from our team who informed us that even if the change was involuntary, unfortunately since there was no confirmed limo booking before August 10, we cannot provide the limo service.
As per the new policy it will not allow any limo booking after August 10. If there was a confirmed limo before the involuntary reissue, we could make an exception, but the team has noticed it was only on December 2nd. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you *Sky
We seem to have constantly moving goalposts here.

First, I'm invited to contact you by PM so that it can be resolved. But then denied.

I'm then led to understand that ticketing has to be before August 10. But still denied.

I'm then informed that re-ticketing (due to involuntary Etihad changes) is the cause. So still denied.

Eventually, I'm told that the above is all irrelevant and that it's the fact that I did not request transfers until December 2 that is the issue. Why did you not state this in the first place, rather than giving me the runaround?

At no point from the time of booking until August 10 was I advised that there was a deadline for booking the transfers.

If a service of value is included at the time of booking, surely the advertised services forms part of the contract?

Please can you explain Etihad's justification for this. If this is the way Etihad treats its first-class customers, it seems incredibly shabby.

Etihad advertises a service of significant value as part of its first-class product, but then, at some point between ticketing and travel, Etihad can unilaterally withdraw that service without notice or compensation, and thinks this is an acceptable way to do business?

Is that seriously Etihad's position?

if so, then we shall no choice but to file Section 75 claims under the UK Consumer Credit Act and claim the cost of transfers back from out credit card company. You can then fight it out with American Airlines when they get cross-charged by the cc company.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by MKB
We seem to have constantly moving goalposts here.

First, I'm invited to contact you by PM so that it can be resolved. But then denied.

I'm then led to understand that ticketing has to be before August 10. But still denied.

I'm then informed that re-ticketing (due to involuntary Etihad changes) is the cause. So still denied.

Eventually, I'm told that the above is all irrelevant and that it's the fact that I did not request transfers until December 2 that is the issue. Why did you not state this in the first place, rather than giving me the runaround?

At no point from the time of booking until August 10 was I advised that there was a deadline for booking the transfers.

If a service of value is included at the time of booking, surely the advertised services forms part of the contract?

Please can you explain Etihad's justification for this. If this is the way Etihad treats its first-class customers, it seems incredibly shabby.

Etihad advertises a service of significant value as part of its first-class product, but then, at some point between ticketing and travel, Etihad can unilaterally withdraw that service without notice or compensation, and thinks this is an acceptable way to do business?

Is that seriously Etihad's position?

if so, then we shall no choice but to file Section 75 claims under the UK Consumer Credit Act and claim the cost of transfers back from out credit card company. You can then fight it out with American Airlines when they get cross-charged by the cc company.

Hi MKB, Unfortunately we will not be able to assist you with chauffeur service on AA ticket. Please contact AA for further clarification. *Yas
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:43 pm
MKB

Hi MKB, Unfortunately we will not be able to assist you with chauffeur service on AA ticket. Please contact AA for further clarification. *Yas
You are simply repeating what you said earlier and not answering my questions. I have contacted AA and they are unable to offer any clarification.

What exactly are you expecting them to clarify?

You say that you find this situation "unfortunate". It is in your hands to make it not so.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:01 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Dear EtihadHelp,
Last time travelling on EY economy as Top bonus Gold, lounge access in AUH was limited to All Reem and at KTM there was no lounge access. Recently it seems that rules have changed and Etihad partner elites have EAP benefits. Does it mean that I will have access to KTM lounge and also Business lounge at AUH in my upcoming flight (economy ticket & Top bonus Gold status).
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by lento
Dear EtihadHelp,
Last time travelling on EY economy as Top bonus Gold, lounge access in AUH was limited to All Reem and at KTM there was no lounge access. Recently it seems that rules have changed and Etihad partner elites have EAP benefits. Does it mean that I will have access to KTM lounge and also Business lounge at AUH in my upcoming flight (economy ticket & Top bonus Gold status).
Hi lento, kindly send your ticket number via a direct message to have a look at your booking and advise you accordingly. *Yas
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Hi lento, kindly send your ticket number via a direct message to have a look at your booking and advise you accordingly. *Yas
I have not bought the tickets yet although my travel date is fixed (business travel). I am still undecided about whether EY or QR, so lounge access matters. Don't you have sufficient information to answer that question ?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by lento
I have not bought the tickets yet although my travel date is fixed (business travel). I am still undecided about whether EY or QR, so lounge access matters. Don't you have sufficient information to answer that question ?
We will check with KTM team and get back to you. *Yas
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Can you tell me what earn rates are for Air Berlin? When I click the link for partner airlines it redirects me to this:

http://www.etihadguest.com/usdot
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by sriegert
Can you tell me what earn rates are for Air Berlin? When I click the link for partner airlines it redirects me to this:

http://www.etihadguest.com/usdot
Dear Guest,

Can we have your contact number by DM so we can ask the reservation team to check this out for you. Thanks. *Jiaqi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.