Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi chinatraderjmr,

We have been informed by our team in Bangkok that there are no lounges that accept other airlines' passengers. Unfortunately the only Lounge available will be Louis Taven Lounge. Thank you for reaching out to us. *Sky
Thanks for trying - I really hope you let whoever is in charge know that the lounge is an embarrassment - its used primarily by 3rd world airlines for their J class passengers. Every alliance has at least 2-4 CLEAN lounges and airlines that are not part of an alliance (Like EK) have proper lounges. It is really not right that you still have flights with F class (even if its only one now) and would put a customer paying for F in such a lounge. How do you explain to a F class passenger why there was NO AVAILABLE place to sit in the lounge you use???? There are plenty of airlines that don't have their own lounges, almost EVERY one of them pays another airline to at least ut their F passengers in (many pay for both F & J) Sri Lankan, PIA, Cambodian, etc......these are the airlines that use Louis Tavern *and only for Business, not for first) While TG lounges were not great, they were very acceptable lounges (The F lounge was excellent)...I understand the need to cut costs but that is embarrassing. I have no doubt you could pay one of many lounges to at least lat the few F passengers a day use them. You codeshare with so many airlines - Some of which are ONEWORLD - ONE WORLD has a BA, JL, CX, etc, etc lounge. I find it hard to believe their is no deal to be had.its surely money and I'm the first one to agree that business' need to cut costs, your main competition in EK and QR who bot offer EXCELLENT lounges for F (and J as well)

Sorry for my rant but I know as a fact I am not the only F passenger who's business you have lost out of BKK. For the same price, I can fly an EK380 (which while a much nicer plane then the Etihad 77W's is not enough to have me take ek over Etihad "IF I AM GOING TO ABU DHABI) Usually I am going to Dubai anyway so take EK - But next week I must go to Abu Dhabi (As I do 4-6 times a year) and I can no longer even consider Etihad being that its a over night flight, the airport is crowded at the time, and the last 2 times I got shoved in the Louis Tavern lounge by you, I was made to stand for 15-25 min until 1 little test opened up at a shared table, making work impossible - You have your own lounges in airports where you have 1-2 flights a day so how can you not have your own lounge in an airport with over twice that mount. Its a shame, would have liked to die the business to you. (Even if i had to PAY to use a private lounge
Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: PC Spire Ambassador
I have burnt all of my miles for a Christmas break away. I am a silver member. Could you please advise lounge access policy for me when flying on redeemed miles. I would hate to do the walk of shame when trying to access the lounges as a silver member only to find this benefit of being silver is not applicable to reward flights
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:22 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Etihad Airways

Hi chinatraderjmr, we are sorry to hear about this. Can we kindly ask you to forward all your feedback to [email protected]? Our Guest Relation Team will look into it and will investigate it further to check your suggestions. Thank you in advance. *Ela

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Thanks for trying - I really hope you let whoever is in charge know that the lounge is an embarrassment - its used primarily by 3rd world airlines for their J class passengers. Every alliance has at least 2-4 CLEAN lounges and airlines that are not part of an alliance (Like EK) have proper lounges. It is really not right that you still have flights with F class (even if its only one now) and would put a customer paying for F in such a lounge. How do you explain to a F class passenger why there was NO AVAILABLE place to sit in the lounge you use???? There are plenty of airlines that don't have their own lounges, almost EVERY one of them pays another airline to at least ut their F passengers in (many pay for both F & J) Sri Lankan, PIA, Cambodian, etc......these are the airlines that use Louis Tavern *and only for Business, not for first) While TG lounges were not great, they were very acceptable lounges (The F lounge was excellent)...I understand the need to cut costs but that is embarrassing. I have no doubt you could pay one of many lounges to at least lat the few F passengers a day use them. You codeshare with so many airlines - Some of which are ONEWORLD - ONE WORLD has a BA, JL, CX, etc, etc lounge. I find it hard to believe their is no deal to be had.its surely money and I'm the first one to agree that business' need to cut costs, your main competition in EK and QR who bot offer EXCELLENT lounges for F (and J as well)

Sorry for my rant but I know as a fact I am not the only F passenger who's business you have lost out of BKK. For the same price, I can fly an EK380 (which while a much nicer plane then the Etihad 77W's is not enough to have me take ek over Etihad "IF I AM GOING TO ABU DHABI) Usually I am going to Dubai anyway so take EK - But next week I must go to Abu Dhabi (As I do 4-6 times a year) and I can no longer even consider Etihad being that its a over night flight, the airport is crowded at the time, and the last 2 times I got shoved in the Louis Tavern lounge by you, I was made to stand for 15-25 min until 1 little test opened up at a shared table, making work impossible - You have your own lounges in airports where you have 1-2 flights a day so how can you not have your own lounge in an airport with over twice that mount. Its a shame, would have liked to die the business to you. (Even if i had to PAY to use a private lounge
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:25 pm

Etihad Airways

Hi Johnniepk,
thank you for reaching out to us. As a Etihad Guest Silver Member, whenever you travel in Economy Class with Etihad Airways you can enjoy the luxury of our exclusive Business Class Lounge before your flight at all our destinations, However, when traveling or transiting out of Abu Dhabi International Airport with Etihad Airways, you are invited to use the Al Reem Lounge facility in Terminal 1. For your further convenience, you can also use the new dedicated check – in counter in Terminal 1. When you are travelling Business or First Class you can of course use the lounges. Hope this helps. *Ela

Originally Posted by Johnniepk
I have burnt all of my miles for a Christmas break away. I am a silver member. Could you please advise lounge access policy for me when flying on redeemed miles. I would hate to do the walk of shame when trying to access the lounges as a silver member only to find this benefit of being silver is not applicable to reward flights
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Chauffeur Services / Rate Beyond 60 miles

Hello
I am flying for the first time with EY and have booked to fly from JFK in J.
Unfortunately , i live ( near philadelphia) almost 130 miles from JFK. I was told that EY will charge $3.80 for each additional mile beyond 60 miles , roughly comes out to $266 + Tax + Toll + Gratuity .
But there are LIMO services , i had used in the past , charge around the same for full 130 Miles .
So What am i gaining using EY Chauffeur Services ??
Any help / insight is much appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by ATWBY2020
Hello
I am flying for the first time with EY and have booked to fly from JFK in J.
Unfortunately , i live ( near philadelphia) almost 130 miles from JFK. I was told that EY will charge $3.80 for each additional mile beyond 60 miles , roughly comes out to $266 + Tax + Toll + Gratuity .
But there are LIMO services , i had used in the past , charge around the same for full 130 Miles .
So What am i gaining using EY Chauffeur Services ??
Any help / insight is much appreciated.
Thanks
Hi ATWBY2020,

Please inbox us your ticket number so that we can check this out with our Chauffeur Service Team for you.

Thanks *Adel
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
In a few months, my wife and I will be flying F class on the EY #171 morning flight departing AUH at 09:20.

If we checkin online 24 hours prior to the flight, may we access the First Class Lounge the evening before our flight? We will be staying in the Premier Inn Abu Dhabi Hotel, but we would like to visit the lounge earlier.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by HiYoSilver
In a few months, my wife and I will be flying F class on the EY #171 morning flight departing AUH at 09:20.

If we checkin online 24 hours prior to the flight, may we access the First Class Lounge the evening before our flight? We will be staying in the Premier Inn Abu Dhabi Hotel, but we would like to visit the lounge earlier.
Hi HiYoSilver, you can access the lounge after the check-in. Counters open 4 hours before flight in Abu Dhabi. *Yas
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Hi ATWBY2020,

Please inbox us your ticket number so that we can check this out with our Chauffeur Service Team for you.

Thanks *Adel
Sent details in Private message

Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2016, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by ATWBY2020
Sent details in Private message

Thanks
We will check your message and reply to you now. *Yas
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: Etihad Guest
So it looks like EY473 (SIN>AUH 23rd August) was indeed rescheduled to be on a 772 (even tho @etihadhelp wrote me there would be no change and this was still scheduled on 789).

I am severely disappointed since i specifically booked SIN instead of BKK to try the new business studio (i had to book a separate flight to BKK). I understand plane swaps are common, but still not happy with the situation
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Lorenzo Poletti
So it looks like EY473 (SIN>AUH 23rd August) was indeed rescheduled to be on a 772 (even tho @etihadhelp wrote me there would be no change and this was still scheduled on 789).

I am severely disappointed since i specifically booked SIN instead of BKK to try the new business studio (i had to book a separate flight to BKK). I understand plane swaps are common, but still not happy with the situation
Hi Lorenzo Poletti,

We regret to hear that. Can you change the date of travel to 24th, of August? *Yas
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: Etihad Guest
Hi Lorenzo Poletti,

We regret to hear that. Can you change the date of travel to 24th, of August? *Yas
I could think about that if the date change would be free of charge
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Lorenzo Poletti
I could think about that if the date change would be free of charge
Hi Lorenzo, we cannot guarantee that changing the date of your booking will be free of charge, but if you can send us your booking reference and contact details (including area code for phone number), we will explain your situation to our reservations team and ask them to call and assist you. Thank you. *Kim
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:00 pm

Dear Etihad Help

I am planning to fly DUB-MEL-DUB next March in business saver. I was considering making a 2 night stopover at AUH on the outward leg, and so consulted the Etihad website.

Can you please explain the difference between the two options: "Abu Dhabi" stopover & "Premium" stopover?

As far as I can see either is minimum 2 nights. With "Abu Dhabi" I get to choose a hotel I want and get " 2 nights for the price of 1" with the price clearly stated.

With "Premium" I fill out a form, giving my top 2 choices, and someone will contact me within 48hrs (?!?) to organise the hotel. No hotel prices are listed, but I understand I will have to pay for 1 night?

So my question is - what is the advantage of "Premium" over "Abu Dhabi"?
Luke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.